Toohey's News

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by slotmachine, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

I'd be happy with that. I hope we don't try to force things with Best. He's 18, let him earn his spot legitimately. O'Brien is new, so thankfully he should be picking on merit. If Best has a killer pre-season & proves himself to be the best option then fair enough.

2. Ethan

Ethan Ben Kennedy

I just watched a be the player vid and Alex McKinnon gave Shibisaki a huge wrap and said he's a good defender that takes the right options and that he is the type of player we want here .

Lefty likes this.
  3. luke46

luke46 Darren Forward

You can see why we are after a defensive right center seeing as the ball never goes there - ask Jesse ramien haha

Kurriboy likes this.
  4. knightime

knightime David Fa'alogo

I'm expecting better use of the right side this year, with Obi having attacking expertise and Ponga and Pearce having another offseason together. Hope I'm right...

5. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Sean Rudder

Like us most sides favour the left in attack hence more defence on right hopefully we will spread the workload

6. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Dean Carney

Project Manager
    Shiba will go alright, no doubt he is a fine athlete the question should be who is he a better footballer than in the current squad ?

If you can believe the scuttlebug thew Left side is set so only leaves the Right to be sorted which as Frank suggested is traditionally a more defensive role as they mark the best the opposition attack can muster , so it stands to reason the best communicating , quicker decision making and solidest should fit the spot . My bet would be Moga ( if fit he is a monster) and Hunt on wing.

Shiba will get a go as he is speedier than most but their are better defensive backs.

7. danknights

danknights Ben Kennedy

I'm not sold but his young. May have big improvements in him. Hard to tell right now. We will have a young side with great leaders in forwards so it's up to the young guys to really pull their socks up.

8. KnightsUnite

KnightsUnite Cameron Ciraldo

Lee and Best are apparently set, new article today saying Moga, Shiba, Hunt and Toa to fight out right side.

9. Ethan

Ethan Ben Kennedy

Is Tuala in that too from what ive read he is a talent and I think his profile says Centre and Wing .

10. Frank McWilliams

Providing injury free it’s hard to go past Moga and Hunt for right side which leaves us with a good reserve grade back line to put pressure on firsts. Not sure if a bit soon for Best but he sure has the potential

11. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Dean Carney

Project Manager

Frank , I wish Best only good things, but remember there are more players with potential in the papers than on the footy park , that is the one place you will get found out ,if not the first year definitely the 2nd.

12. krustykraz

krustykraz Todd Bates

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/...-pay-a-price-for-levis-move-to-manly/?cs=7580
    *Knights are going to pay $150000 of Levi's $375000 wage this year for him to go to Manly. $80k will be payed to him for his time here since November and then Knights are paying $70k extra for him to go. It will free up $225k in the cap.
    *Strong interest in the director of football job. Its narrowed down to 6 applicants.
    *Knights set to announce a profit of $800k for last season even after paying Brown out $500k.
    *Knights raised $18k for bushfire victims.
    *Ex ref Adam Devich will work with the Knights part time to help with discipline.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  13. knightime

knightime David Fa'alogo

Jack likes this.
  14. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

15. danknights

danknights Ben Kennedy

I always liked Tyler Randell as a player. Very competitive.

16. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Why wouldn’t Chris be ready to step up?

I like the kid, I think he’s got potential.

Jack likes this.
  17. Jack

Jack Greg Smith

I agree. Chris Randall has plenty of skill and he’s an 80 minute hooker. Reportedly at the front of the pack at training, surely an NRL opportunity would bring out his full potential. I hope they give him a go

18. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

If Chris Randall gets a shot he'll have earn't it and i'll be happy for him, but if I look at our young squad, i'd rather see us sign someone ready to step in if we have an injury.
    Even last year, Randall played as many games in the halves as he did at hooker. It was only late in the year that they decided he should only play and train as a hooker.
    On the plus side, his skillset seems similar to Brailey's, albeit not as developed, so he could come into the team and we wouldn't have to change much.
    Huth is a very different style of player.

19. krustykraz

krustykraz Todd Bates

Randall would be a handy 14 for when Watson is covering other positions or injured.

20. Frank McWilliams

I don’t see any point in signing a backup hooker when letting Levi go, let’s hope Brailey is very good and injury free 2020, let RandAll and Huth be backup with possibly Watson used.

Wobbles likes this.