To boo or not to boo

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by jamesgould, Jun 10, 2012.

1. moony

moony Ben Rogers

I have missed only 3 home games since season 1996 (before then my parents used to take me but 1996 was the season my folks used to let me go with footy mates etc). I will continue go to every game because im a knights fan and going to watch the knights is a religion for me no matter how bad they play. But this year in a few games they have deserved to be boo'd off the field. Last night was one of them because if they had played for the full 80mins they would of come home with the win. I dont blame the younger guys for the drop balls and the kick out on the full but i do bame the rubbish they call defence. At the momement they have a paper thin defence. And the thing that i hate most at the momement is that straight after the game when they've been beaten and are getting boo'd, there they are laughing and joking around with the opposistion team. What happened when teams used to get beat and the players we're so disappointed they are nearly crying and they just walk straight into the sheds with sad looks on their faces. Those days are gone. Theres no pride in this Newcastle jumper at the momement and thats the problem. I only want players playing for this team who are going to bleed blue and red for this jumper. Danny Buderus is one of them.

2. jamesgould

jamesgould Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

Buderus seemed as low as any man has ever been when he got interviewed after the game.

Just going by what it showed on tv, nobody was laughing, but of course it doesn't show every player after the game.

3. OutOnTheFull

OutOnTheFull James Goulding

I didn't boo because I walked out when Snowden dropped the ball and we let the softest try in that I've ever seen in an NRL match. The whole night smelt like defeat from the outset. We didn't even come out on the field and warm up before the game, the raiders we're out there for 20minutes.
    Even the simple things like building up a bit of tension before they run on field would be a start. The crowd were still booing the raiders when we came out of the tunnel to that mood killing song.
    Its like they don't care and I can't criticise anybody for booing them last night, it was cold.

4. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    If you were told by your employer you weren't wanted would you bust your backside ?

5. Jekk

Jekk Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

Baublier
    I didn't Boo but that was because I left with 4 minutes to go, for only the third time in my entire Knights supporting life I've left early and thats now 3 games in a row :( As ****ed as I was, I'm not sure I have it in me to Boo my own team. I almost almost shed a tear though :sad:

6. brentus777

brentus777 David Mullane

Definately boo'd, if we got beat by 50 but every player gave there 100% and looked and played like they wanted to be there I would clap them off.Not seeing any of this at the moment, home games seem to mean nothing to them, we were hammere by a pathetic Canberra team that got beat by 40 last week and had an awful Dugan playing in the halves.

I know booing doesn't help but looks like some of the players need a ripping into... And like others we pay big money every year for membership/memorabilia/ merchandise/food/drink/travel etc we should get our chance after losing 5 in a row when 4 players are puting in...

7. ASJ82

ASJ82 Todd Bates

Mech Fitter
    Couldn't agree more mate, I live in central qld and have travelled to Newcastle n Brisbane this season to watch us play, am a member and have all the merch and memorabilia, (and I'm sure plenty of ppl have done more) After these efforts they deserve to hear how much their letting us down IMO, so if a boo is required so be it, was also very annoyed the knights would not get back to me regarding doing something for the qld based fans whilst they were in Brisbane, completely ignored me, u think they would start doing more for the fans that are being let down but keep supporting club, I mean how hard is it! Sorry bout rant lol

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  8. sj18

sj18 Rod Shoesmith

If you were getting paid ridiculous amounts of money for a job would you f*cking do it?
    They're 20 and 30 year old football players, not babies. Boo hoo, the coach doesn't like you - who gives a crap? You're being paid to do a job so harden the f*ck up and do it.

9. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    The point is they will get their money even if they don't harden up. Pay for performance would sort a few out.

10. ASJ82

ASJ82 Todd Bates

Mech Fitter
    Yup so true mate,

11. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Wasn't there but no, i couldn't boo the team, glad to hear they got booed though. They need it to realize what a disgrace they are right now. How the hell do you lose to that pathetic team called the Raiders with Dugan at five-eighth & who had lost by 40 last week? How!?? Parramatta are better than us these last few weeks ffs, the players are ****ed. Can't see much Wayne can do but tell them if they don't turn up they'll be gone which it seems he's doing going by articles.

12. Hebby

Hebby Front Rower

I was at the game last night and didnt boo because i don't really like participating in that kind of thing but i will defend other peoples right to do it lol. I was disappointed and left quietly. I dont think i'll be tipping them for a while but i will be at the games to watch them try.

13. CDUB23

CDUB23 CDUB23

I haven't been to a game for a while now. Theres not the same feeling to it anymore. At least last year, you would go to a game and think " There's a chance they can pull it off today". But now when I consider going, I just think whats the point in turning up when the players aren't. The players need to forget about their paychecks, and start focusing on the games.

14. Trent

Trent Darren Forward

I don't think I'd boo them but starting to walk up the hill two minutes before full time is sufficient (beat the crowd and don't have to acknowledge a poor effort if they walk around expecting a clap).

I always go to the games up in Newcastle when I can, the next one being the Tigers but I don't know if it'll be worth it.

15. CrabMacDougall

CrabMacDougall Scott Carter

Not to mention, who is going to want to sign a crap player

16. willlowtree

willlowtree Craig Gower

Kitchen hand
    Parra have been better then us all year

17. Joey

Joey Newcastle since 1997

I honestly think that booing your own team is a disgrace. They are our team, and we are supposed to be the supporters that will support them through thick and thin. The support of the fans is paramount at the moment in my opinion. At a Raiders and Tigers game once the Raiders got booed off by their home fans and I thought it was disgraceful - it was something I linked to a poor group of supporters.. now its happening at the Knights.

18. Nuke

Nuke George Mann

I didn't see the game on the weekend, but when I saw the scoreline on a mate's phone, my thoughts turned to Round 4 1996. I was at that game (Newcastle vs Balmain), and the Knights played very ineptly that day. For the first time in the Knights' history, they were booed off Marathon Stadium by their own fans. I was one of them. I'll admit, I wasn't yet 15 and thought the crowd were booing Balmain or the referees, so I joined in. When I read the Newcastle Herald the following day, I realised I'd booed the Knights. I don't take my boo's back though. They did deserve it that day. This even gets a mention in Malcolm Reilly's book. He says in it that the players took it hard.

From memory, the Knights then turned it around and won the next several games.

Hopefully the booing from the weekend just gone inspires the current Knights. And for the record, if the game was as bad as I hear it was and I was there, there's a good chance I would have joined in ... as much as it pains me to say.

19. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Another cursing raving supporter, but definitely no booing. Anyone who boos should get the gear on and have a go.

20. macavity

macavity The Enemy

Lawyer
    I booed. First time I have ever done it, hope it is the last. Disgraceful doesn't even begin the describe our team at the moment.