Tim Glasby announces his retirement

Napa, McGuire and Papa are very hit and miss. Arrow first full season in FG. If Glasby was any good he would be a walk up start in that forward pack. Like I’ve said he is lucky he is a Queenslander where he has a shot at origin because he wouldn’t of had a hope in hell of cracking a NSW forward pack.

Wallace the only one that is a consistent seasoned top forward out of the names you listed.
I will agree with you when NSW has won the first game

It must be a wind up!
Why on earth would they pick that useless pr!ck.
Haven't they seen his stats???????
What else could they possibly be taking into consideration???
Crazy times!:shrug::shrug::)

It must be a wind up!
Why on earth would they pick that useless pr!ck.
Haven't they seen his stats???????
What else could they possibly be taking into consideration???
Crazy times!:shrug::shrug::)

Probably the fact that next in line is Korbin Sims???
Ohhh wait he's out with a broken jaw

Article in News.com today, says Qld won't win if Glasby isn't selected - Someone thinks he is pretty good.
I heard an interview after game and it was said if Glasby was there it would have been a different result. The words they used were he's very good at doing a job and the middle would have been a lot tighter with him there.

Glasby looked better tonight.
He was good. As has been mentioned he needs to play big minutes to be fully effective. I don’t know exactly where he fits to be honest. I wouldn’t have him in the backrow ahead of our current starters. Maybe start in the front row and play a long stint.

I find myself changing my mind on where I'd rather see Guerra play either lock or back row and I guess the same for Barnett.

The option to play Guerra at lock and have Barnett as a bench middle forward doesn't seem to ever get mentioned but I think if we can't get another good prop and there's a good back rower on the market than it might be an option.

I think they'll likely keep Glasby for the prop rotation and Guerra at Lock

I find myself changing my mind on where I'd rather see Guerra play either lock or back row and I guess the same for Barnett.

The option to play Guerra at lock and have Barnett as a bench middle forward doesn't seem to ever get mentioned but I think if we can't get another good prop and there's a good back rower on the market than it might be an option.

I think they'll likely keep Glasby for the prop rotation and Guerra at Lock

Ive been mentioning it for 7 months.

Who's your right edge back rower ?

Guerra or Fitzgibbon as both can play either side.
Lock from rd one this yr would of been Ese if i was picking the team with Ese shifting to prop to bring Barnett on after 25.
Now with Glasby coming i want Glasby to play lock as hes biggest value is D and stamina to play long minutes.

I havent really rated Barnett since he came here, though he has started to show some good form on the edge.

Guerra or Fitzgibbon as both can play either side.
Lock from rd one this yr would of been Ese if i was picking the team with Ese shifting to prop to bring Barnett on after 25.
Now with Glasby coming i want Glasby to play lock as hes biggest value is D and stamina to play long minutes.

I havent really rated Barnett since he came here, though he has started to show some good form on the edge.

I said the idea of playing Guerra at Lock and Barnett as a bench middle player not Ese'ese at lock or Glasby

I have seen people mention Ese'ese at 13 and I know you have been a fan of playing both the twins with a big lock to start with so yes I have seen that.

But the idea of playing Guerra and Barnett both as middle players and buying a new right edge back rower hasn't been spoken of IIRC

There are a few good ones available like Jayden S'ua, Curtis Sironen, Shaun Lane and even Luke Lewis, for me if I were Brown I'd be at least giving Lewis a call and if he was keen to go another season I'd make him an offer and if he accepted I'd play him right edge and have Guerra and Barnett as middle forwards.

The other player who may become available is from our feeder club in Bondi, Ryan Matterson. He's had a big year and is clearly a NRL starter now, I doubt he wants to sit on the bench behind Boyd and Angus next year so he could get a release if we ask nicely again.

Always the option to move Sione back to the second row next year which looks likely with Ramien coming next year.

Back