The Commentators Thread!

I stopped watching 360 years ago, it just became so obvious that it was someone taking a contrary view and the rest arguing with him about it. Way too rehearsed and not authentic at all. Plus when they all yell at once it just becomes a bunch of old battlers at the pub on a Sunday arvo that have all had one too many.

Sadly most of the analysis on Fox is really dumbed down and not worth watching these days.

Someone at the Knights must have hurt Paul Crawley's feelings at some point in the past. He seems to be very bitter towards us.

I have to say I get sick of none of the chat podcasts or panel shows ever discussing us.

Except when something like the Ponga injury happens and they all leap to say we're a hopeless one man team.

You'd think we'd rate a mention for having won three from three since then.

Even post the match on the weekend it was all "wow, the Tigers lost". These places must get paid every time they discuss the Tigers.

I have to say I get sick of none of the chat podcasts or panel shows ever discussing us.

Except when something like the Ponga injury happens and they all leap to say we're a hopeless one man team.

You'd think we'd rate a mention for having won three from three since then.

Even post the match on the weekend it was all "wow, the Tigers lost". These places must get paid every time they discuss the Tigers.
A really good point!
What is it about the Knights that the major media outlets try to rub our noses in it or predict doom and gloom at every opportunity for our team?
Is it that we don’t have any media pals involved with the club?
Surely it’s not still the aftermath of the Super league wars?
It just beggars belief all round.

I know Gus gets bagged an awful lot, and yes, his sometimes-agenda-driven opinions and insistent negativity can be tiresome, however I find his footy brain on all levels of the game to be top-rate. He knows more than pretty much everyone else combined. And he does have a sense of humour too.

My favourite quote of his, which I think he's said more than once, was after a player from a kickoff kicked it dead on the full. Either over the deadball line or over the sideline. Gus said: "How did he miss that? How did he miss it? The Rugby League field is 100m long by 68m wide ... and he missed it."

Always makes me laugh!

For mine, the greatest of all time in my lifetime is Rabs, especially when the team was he, Sterlo, Fatty, and Gus. In my opinion it was such a good balance of passion, emotion, timing, humour, knowledge, banter, ect, and you know that they're all mates away from the telecast too. The're not just there because they're told they're working together that day. It was a natural chemistry going on.

Back