Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Tex Hoy.png

Knights player #316
Knights debut: vs Penrith Panthers, Round 3 2020

jamesgould

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Staff member
Admin
I hope he turns things around, poor guy gets a fair bit of criticism and being talked up as the second coming by Joey can't have helped.

Lefty

Steve Simpson
A candidate for most over rated Knights player ever. I give up on attacking plays when he gets the ball.

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Always a guy who plays with a lot of self belief and confidence, which generally worked for him in lower grades, but in firstgrade everyone is awake to whatever he tries to do.
Will Smith was even more like that as a young guy and would try something stupid over and over. Tex isn't nearly as bad as Will Smith in fact.
The only cure for it is experience. Unlearning what he learned works against kids.

Joshhh

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
He's got the confidence, he looks to play what's in front of him which can be a game breaking trait at this level. He just needs to mature.

I wouldn't sign him again, but I would like to see him become a bit of a NSW Cup journeyman like a lot do, go around to a few different clubs and just keep working at his craft. He seems like a guy who could make it if he just keeps grinding away for a few more years.

Owey

Todd Bates
I'm expecting some all round improvement from him. If he is safe and we defend like last week, we'll be fine tomorrow.

HarVeeGee13

Tony Butterfield
If the Storm were in the position where they had to play Hoy, they’d give him a very simple job - no shapes which rely on him doing something special or really out of the box to make things happen in attack. I feel like we have a very functional attack this year without relying on the individual brilliance of an elite #1 and have a good feeling we’ll put him in position to do well. Just up to him whether he can deliver.

danknights

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
If the Storm were in the position where they had to play Hoy, they’d give him a very simple job - no shapes which rely on him doing something special or really out of the box to make things happen in attack. I feel like we have a very functional attack this year without relying on the individual brilliance of an elite #1 and have a good feeling we’ll put him in position to do well. Just up to him whether he can deliver.
Just tell him to play a traditional fullback role. Support up the middle, other then that stay the fark away from the shapes.

jamesgould

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Staff member
Admin
IMO he gets caught up thinking that because he's replacing Ponga he has to play like Ponga too. He's fully capable of being a dependable backup fullback if he allows himself to be. It's a mental thing with him.
Exactly and that’s why I question whether he has a lot of confidence as some posters say above. A truly confident player would know their own game and know they don’t have to create something out of nothing every time they touch the ball. If he does the basics of his job and has one or two nice touches when the opportunity arises, he’d be much more highly thought of.