Tahu walks out on NSW, Joey stands down

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that had been said in a pub, with an indigenous person present, Joey woulda been dragged outside and flogged. Thats the way most of them indigenous guys work. They stick together, like most minorities do.

It is an exageration of sorts, but tonight on the news was said that Tahu has said, that he has been hearing those remarks from Joey since he was a junior with the Knights.

It is unacceptable for a mentoring player, that is held in high regard amongst players of rugby league to be speaking of a player like that.

Indigenous people do feel strongly about that subject, I myself say it all the time, but i do pick my times to say it if you know what i mean.

Its another blemish in the game of league tho, and it doesnt surprise me. I think it coulda been handled differently, but I think its wrong to say he is a sook, obviously theres something going on if 2 words can drive him outta camp as quick as he got there

15 minutes of fame. That or he just wanted to get out of playing wing. The term of "sook" is well deserved. He had ample oppotunity to deal with it behind closed doors, meaning none of this could or should have come to light. But instead desides to take it to the media, whichs has just bought the NRL and SOO into more disrepute, and it was already bad enough with the Folau issue, not to mention he has majorly disrupted the Blues preparations for game 2. He has let his team mates, his coach, his side and the fans down, over something so trvial. All it has cause is disruptions to the Blues and given the QLDers pityful ammunition to use against the blue. Which is also out of context. As im sure Inglis has both heard and said a lot worse.

Maybe Tahu is that upset that he will sidle off and play that other soft game...... Chess.......... that's about as hard as he wants it............ Even then he'll probably get bent out of shape when he's asked whether he wants to be black or white!

Funny, I wonder if any of Slater's team mates were going to walk out when he said something that is socially just as bad, And probally has more long term social effects - Obviously im talking about depression. I guess its a case of what if, but maybe someone on his team had someone who was affected by depression in it.

Inglis, Can't take it when its about the colour of his skin. But won't say a thing when its one of the lowest sledges ever said on a sporting feild. I think its him just trying to get some attention. It's stupid.
Exactly what i was telling my mum this morning, so true!

If that had been said in a pub, with an indigenous person present, Joey woulda been dragged outside and flogged. Thats the way most of them indigenous guys work. They stick together, like most minorities do.

Absolutely. But if you think Anglo's don't get everyday ridicule from indigenous people you are mistaken. The only difference is there ain't a big deal made out of it.

I grew up in neighborhoods that were full of aboriginal families and believe me, if they weren't verbally abusing people because of their skin color they were robbing them. I can go all night on stories but wont.

What Johns said was not directed in a malicious manner and more so in banter as Tahu the big sook himself said it was.

He could have tapped Johns on the shoulder when it was said and told him to pull his head in or else. Even make Johns apologize.

What he has done though is turned something which was nothing into a circus and now the fools are out in force with the racist crap. Get a grip FFS.

In 250 plus first grade games for the Knights there was not one mention of such comments directed at any indigenous player from opposing teams or inside his own club. He played with many of them including the sook Tahu and never once did I see him when he blew up verbally attack 'em. He was very passionate too about winning and losing.

From the time Inglis started out at Melbourne, Johns has done nothing but praise the man at every opportunity he got.

Now that he has said one silly comment, that we are all guilty of doing at times he's the worst c@nt in the world.

I have a couple of mates from aboriginal backgrounds that I get on the drink with on weekends and that sort of talk is the norm. It just depends at how it's directed that matters. If I get up to get a beer, I sometimes get comments like" Grab me one too gubba".... Or come on you "white **** hurry up"..... I normally reply, "wait you silly black c@nt and everyone laughs.....

If I direct it with conviction in the heat of the moment it's a different ball game. But I don't do that because I know how it comes across.

Tahu is just looking for a pat on the back. Keep the race card alive.

Please....... it's something kids revert to FFS. Grow up Timana.

I've not yet watched the news tonight but don't dis-believe what you have stated. The question I have to ask is why did Tahu leave it till now to spew his guts about it? It seems he's hell bent on sinking not only Joey, but the blues also which not only makes him a damn sook, but a flaming traitor as well.

Cry me a river timana.

Now that he has said one silly comment, that we are all guilty of doing at times he's the worst c@nt in the world.

Don't taint everyone with the same brush please.

I'm sure I can't be the only one on here that would never think of saying something like that, no matter who I'm in the company of at the time.

Both are as bad as each other quite frankly.

Joey should have watched what he said, while Tahu should not have walked out.

Don't taint everyone with the same brush please.

I'm sure I can't be the only one on here that would never think of saying something like that, no matter who I'm in the company of at the time.

What you've quoted me on James has been taken out of context. What I stated with which you've misinterpreted is that: We are all guilty of saying something silly that we later regret. I was not suggesting what Johns remarked as something we all say.

I don't know everyone so therefor it would be foolish of me to suggest what everyone thinks and does.

I was just pointing out that we are only human and no matter how high a profile one may have, or money or fame or worships status, one is always going to say something that they will later regret.

Some people are carrying on like he's Charles Manson FFS. Cheer up. It was a slip of the tongue for crying out loud.

There is not one person in the world and that includes the Pope who has said something that was stupid and they later regretted saying.

Jesus, even politicians make stupid remarks from time to time, and their sober at the time.

Johns is guilty of saying something stupid, we all know that. No one is giving him a pat on the back for it.

The way some people have reacted to this is laughable. I expect my kids to have their two bobs worth about it, they know it's not a nice word/s to use but the adults need to lighten up.

If people are going to get so sensitive over one childish in jest remark they need counseling. Timana in the mean time should seek medication. Sook.

It is a minor slip up of course. like, its only 2 words. However, think of all the drinking incidents in league, the drug dealing of last christmas etc, had that been me or u, wouldnt even make thelocal paper but a 50 word snippet in the law section. The problem is, Joey is one of them players that even if he killed a man, many players would hold him in high regard, and like Tahu has said, he has copped that sorta **** from him since he was a boy.

Coulda been handled differently, or it coulda been all avoided had Johns showed a bit more respect

What you've quoted me on James has been taken out of context. What I stated with which you've misinterpreted is that: We are all guilty of saying something silly that we later regret. I was not suggesting what Johns remarked as something we all say.

Sweet as! I misinterpreted what you were saying.

I do think it was a pretty shocking thing to say though, Johns should be ashamed. Even if it was a slip of the tongue, as you say.

Having said that, it's perhaps telling that Richie Blackmore and now Beetson, both ethnic minorities, have come out in support of Johns.

In no way shape or form am i agreeing with this statement, but i do beleive its very true, In some respect. And belive it should be posted in regards to this matter, Read, and think about it...

Michael Richards better known as Kramer from TVs Seinfeld does make a good point.

This was his defence speech in court after making racial comments in his comedy act. He makes some very interesting points...

Someone finally said it. How many are actually paying attention to this? There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc.

And then there are just Americans. You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman'... And that's OK.

But when I call you, Nigger, Kike, Towel head, Sand-nigger, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink .. You call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you... So why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day.

You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day.

You have Yom Hashoah.. You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.

You have the NAACP. You have BET... If we had WET (White Entertainment Television), we'd be racists. If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.

If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.

If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives, we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce. Wonder who pays for that??

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any colour can be in the Miss America pageant.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships... You know we'd be racists.

There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US. Yet if there were 'White colleges', that would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call
Us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

You rob us, car jack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud... But you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists??

I'd say its part true for sure. Always Aussies that are classed as racist. And hey, most are... but were not the only ones.

Without a doubt racial insults go both ways, but the rest of that post is about race based days, race based colleges ... basically things that have been set up to help give ethnic minorities a leg up.

I have no problem with that at all. Usually they are funded by the communities themselves, and giving opportunities like that to groups of people who traditionally do no get all the advantages that europeans do is a great thing, surely?

The post also seems to be mainly about the US, and that is a different situation to most other parts of the world. Until the 1960s there was still racial segregation in operation ... African Americans could not drink from the same water fountain or sit on the same part of the bus as Europeans. There is still a lot of catching up to be done in that part of the world, so I can only applaud any initiative that assists with that.

And as for all those days, there are plenty of European days - try pretty much every public holiday, the whole calendar has days off for Christian events and no others. I think you'll find most US College's are mainly attended by European students, which is why the need for African American Colleges is there ... degrees from those institutions are not as highly thought of as from a mainstream College, but are surely better than nothing for a kid who may not otherwise get the chance to make something of himself?

Thats the biggest load of truth i have read. Everything there is true and correct.

In todays world you only be racist if your white.

And to make up for past indescretions, in todays society, even the slightest thing or the smallest or most trivial slur is automatically racist, and everyone needs to harden the f*ck up

Anyone can say anything about the colour of white persons skin and theres nothing wrong with that, its everything else except your reference to the fact he's white that is wrong. But god forbid you call a black man black, and call the presses, lock him up, scrutinise him in the media.

People have become such pussies nowadays.

**** some people on here are so stupid and blind. A lot of people here are quick to bash Timana in defence for Joey, even though they won't admit it.

The Indigenous are very proud people and aren't the ones that take racism easily. You can all complain and say they call us white ****s and what ever but is that every single one of them ? Have you ever seen Timana throw out a racist remark ? No.

Tahu is just taking a stand for what he believes in but you guys are having a cry cause he walked out of origin like its the worlds biggest sin. "oh what Johns did was wrong but what Tahu did was the lowest of low" How stupid can people be. Its Origin mate not the end of the world, Tahu is setting an example to his own kids and others like him that they don't have to sit there and cop racism.

Good on Tahu he has my full support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back