Votes: 2 50.0%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

jamesgould

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Staff member
Admin
Well well well, it's another NZ vs Australia final! So weird that these two countries end up making it in the UAE!

Who do people think will win? NZ dealt a big blow with Devon Conway out after breaking his hand punching his bat after getting dismissed in the semi. 🤦

Australia still have their weak links such as Smith and Maxwell’s inconsistency, but they have a good record against the Kiwis in big games. I can’t say who will win but I’ll enjoy watching it.

When is it on? I've stopped kayo since footy finished so seen almost nothing. Would like to see that game though

Australia still have their weak links such as Smith and Maxwell’s inconsistency, but they have a good record against the Kiwis in big games. I can’t say who will win but I’ll enjoy watching it.
Australia still usually destroy NZ in all formats, home or away tbh. But NZ do have a lot of experience in big games recently, so I’m hopeful! Pretty tough one to pick I think though, toss may well be crucial.

Last edited:
I always thought T20 would eventually settle down to some sort of contest, but after decades of it being played around the world, it's still basically a lottery who wins.
They basically all throw their bats at everything like mad things and whoever gets lucky enough to not get caught off all the balls they hit in the air that could go anywhere is the MOTM.

Well done Australia, put the NZ bowlers under pressure from ball one in the chase, dispatched the bad balls and worked the good balls for ones and twos, and the NZ bowlers totally crumbled. A very well deserved victory 🙌🏼

Special mention for an amazing innings by Kane Williamson though 😊

The knockout format really doesn't work for a game that's so random.

I think a fair way to decide the best side in the world would be a 6 team tournament with every side playing each other twice - once batting first - once batting second - and the team that finished on top of the table is the best - like the top soccer comps around the world.

Australia won the toss and batted second 7/8 games, and won all 7 they batted second and got thrashed in the game they batted first.
We basically won because Finch is good at two up.

Well done Australia, put the NZ bowlers under pressure from ball one in the chase, dispatched the bad balls and worked the good balls for ones and twos, and the NZ bowlers totally crumbled. A very well deserved victory 🙌🏼

Special mention for an amazing innings by Kane Williamson though 😊

Kane Williamson played exceptionally well, he is a very clever batsman.

The Australian’s showed they still have the ability to dominate in finals. We have killed our T20 monkey and finally come of age in this format.

Mitch Marsh has finally realised his talent and he should be an awesome player for Australia in the T20’s for the next few years.

Last edited:
Was a very good game, thought NZ had the game after Williamsons brilliant batting and setting good score but credit to Marsh along with Warner they got the job done.

Back