Site's Adversity

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Site Announcements' started by Ms.Nobody, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Ms.Nobody

Ms.Nobody Banned

I'm speaking Neutral, and all responses shouldn't be aimed at me.

Discuss!!!

2. ~knightsgirljess~

~knightsgirljess~ LIVE LAUGH LOVE

NURSE- TEAM LEADER
    I like the idea of something like the kingdom because lets face it our opinions are our opinions and are what we want to express so if we are to talk about players in above metioned ways we should have a members only section!!
    In saying this ak 1 problem is the media can just become a member of this forum and read it!!!
    I dont want this forum to be viewed in a bad way by the knights or the community or sponsors

3. knight-no-7

knight-no-7 Moderator

Well put AK. People just need to be mindful of who potentially could be reading their posts, before they post, i suppose.

4. Ms.Nobody

Ms.Nobody Banned

Then at least it's a case of media being desperate.

I'm just keen to listen people's thoughts, I would feel bad if guests cant read on because of this.

5. Pumba

Pumba John Morris

Negative comments are apart of life. If you don't let people give the players negative criticism you may lose members.

Sure comments like Players on Drugs etc is not on BUT everybody gets **** put on them for being to Heavy/Skinny why should the players be no different?

I don't think the Knights will think bad of us if we speak our minds. We are not like other forums we don't put **** on the CEO's, Runnings of the clubs etc. Look at when Smith got fined we said we would get a bucket sent around the ground, Which actually ended up happening and I am sure the Club would see that as us supporting the club and I am sure they wouldn't mind some negative comments about Players etc every now and then.

I will also add I respect all the players for putting their body on the line week in week out for the club. All players should be putting in 100% each week and living up to their potential namely Wicks is not doing this.

6. knight-no-7

knight-no-7 Moderator

Agreed. Thats what forums are about. Opinions. As i said before, i guess people just need to think before they post in some cases.

7. Ms.Nobody

Ms.Nobody Banned

Yep agreed too. I mentioned this in my 'speech' that even Smith has said everyone has an opinion and there shouldn't be action when criticism is directed at a player.

But to what extent? What should be classed as going overboard towards a player?

8. ~knightsgirljess~

~knightsgirljess~ LIVE LAUGH LOVE

NURSE- TEAM LEADER
    Yeah well said pumba!! Aslong as were not calling players names or starting harmful rumours about any knights staff or players then let the media read on

9. Knightsangel

Knightsangel Greg Smith

Admin Marketing Assist
    Supportive messages only, we are not a negitave town. Please support the players, the coach and the people that support the team.

At this crucial time in the season the Knights need all the help and support they can get.

10. Ms.Nobody

Ms.Nobody Banned

Knightsangel, Welcome!!!

Did you find the place due to that newspaper report :(

Most people are very supportive on here :)

11. Sammyyy

Sammyyy Knights 2013

uni kid
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion afterall its a place where we discuss issues, whether they are positive or negative. As long as there are no calling names, or whatever i dont really think its a problem. Everyone has their views on how the team should change and fans are the reason there is NRL. They are the ones who attend rugby league games and support so they do deserve a say

Many forums have their forum on private and only members can see all the posts. Maybe we should do that from now on? im not too sure on that tho =/

Edit.
    If the comments might affect the players etc (in that case Wicks), it would be best to delete them

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  12. Fungus

Fungus Steve Simpson

Overboard is getting too personal.

It's good to have criticism. Without it, no one will get anywhere.

I reckon criticism should be on the game alone and not the person - that is, you cannot use past games to criticise that person.

It's fine to criticise a player for a particular game - with explanation of reasoning why.

Yeah, its fine to say that Wicks haven't done much, but you can't go and say that doughnuts (for example) should be used to make him do more or something that is too personal. Personal attacks are deleted, why isn't attacks on players given the same treatment. They are still people.

Ms.Nobody likes this.
  13. Ms.Nobody

Ms.Nobody Banned

Great Point, + Rep.

14. Sammyyy

Sammyyy Knights 2013

uni kid
    yeh i agree on that.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2008
  15. Fungus

Fungus Steve Simpson

One more thing.

Most of the people bragging players out are the same people over and over again. They said it once, and once was enough for people to know what they thoughts of a player is. Why keep going? The point is already made.

Also, I'm not sure whether all forums have it and whether MS has it or not. A condition has to be made in regards to MS not being responsible for members' post.

I don't want to see another Whirlpool incident where the forum was going to be sued for defamation due to a few of it's post. The company pulled out after the 200,000+ members decided to help out with the cause by donating.

16. knight-no-7

knight-no-7 Moderator

Some of those people are probably no longer on MS :lol:

But i agree on everything you have said. MS is def. not responsible for any members posts. I guess its not in writing anywhere.

17. macavity

macavity The Enemy

Lawyer
    wow, 1984 come to life.

this place is already a love-fest, and you want to sanitise it further? what next, can't predict we will lose? can't criticise an underperforming player?

Knights fans, on the whole, are very very supportive of their team and players. I don't think you have anything to worry about. We aren't dogs, dragons or parra fans. FFS we got the spoon in 05 and if anything it brought us closer together.

nothing wrong with constructive (or even tongue in cheek) criticism. stuff that goes overboard is already deleted, so what is the problem.

18. Ms.Nobody

Ms.Nobody Banned

I have emailed Brian Smith about the issue, hoping to have cleared a few things up.

I would hate the next media conference to be all about us and have also let him know about that.

I also paid note to helping with the donations of his 10k fine he got.

19. bboy_555

bboy_555 Mark Sargent

I just hope everyone sees we are supporting the knights. Like you said AK we might bag the team or players a bit but it's all in the knights best interest. A forum is supposed to have different opinions.

This place is great, lets keep it that way, and Welcome Knightsangel.

20. Ms.Nobody

Ms.Nobody Banned

Why Not :razz:

No one said we cant, just talking about the lengths we should go if as you said this is a love fest, we should support more than criticise.

Things directed to other members is deleted, things to players isn't. Should that change?

(Overboard negative talk)