Rumour: Knights to offload Jarrod Mullen as part of player clean-out

Hey guys. I have just read a quotable quote, author unknown, which applies ever so well to forums generally, and out forum in particular. Now this is not aimed at anyone, just for a smile:-

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do.

Reliable? At leaving holes for 3 tries a game?
200k better spent on a towards a 350k player.
After a while, when every centre we name rushes up in defence every game, you have to start saying it's what they are being coached to do.
Pat Mat is a good example. His main problem last year was not moving up and getting run around because of it. This year he says he spent a lot of time with the trainer/defensive coach in the off season working on his defence, and now Pat rushes up, especially against small guys with good steps.

I don't understand what the plan is, but it does look like a plan.

It was not aimed at you 88 or any other member sincerely. Just thought it was humourous and sure applies to forums gnerally. Must not have made that clear enough.:Knights:

Billy, this year we have played no less than thirteen players in the backs, and they have missed a staggering 344 tackles! Goes a long way in explaining 713 points scored against us. Pretty lousy plan if it is eh?

Some of the more notable, or maybe less notable, with games/tackles are:-

Gagai 19/54; Hodkinson 20/57;Pat M 12/32; Mullen 12/27 and Sione M 14/51. Better figures are Mamo 10/21; Uate 10/22; Peter M 8/16 (surprisingly low); Denniss 6/12; Lamb 3/8; Cogger 6/12 and Elliot 8/15.

It was not aimed at you 88 or any other member sincerely. Just thought it was humourous and sure applies to forums gnerally. Must not have made that clear enough.:Knights:

Haha u made it clear enough mate, just running with the joke!

U know me well enough now to see i mainly just post to harass :D

After a while, when every centre we name rushes up in defence every game, you have to start saying it's what they are being coached to do.
Pat Mat is a good example. His main problem last year was not moving up and getting run around because of it. This year he says he spent a lot of time with the trainer/defensive coach in the off season working on his defence, and now Pat rushes up, especially against small guys with good steps.

I don't understand what the plan is, but it does look like a plan.

last week my under 8's played Singleton Greyhounds between games. It was embarrassing. A season dedicated to tackling technique and Sunday looked like they'd never played before. Terrible. I wonder if Nathan Brown ever sits in the coaching box watching our p*ss weak defence and feels the same.

It's still got me baffled how players even make grade when their defence is so poor. The attacking part catches up at nrl level and you no longer become that machine you once were.

Dan u know as well as i do that a defensive line starts and end at the back.

A quality fullback makes a front line work... Mamo mite someday be god enough for that job, but for now we really badly need a fullback with great vision to control our slide and up and in style of defense we seem to be trying to use.

I wish the club had of chased Michael Gorden even if only for 1yr! His a outstanding defensive fullback and would of taken Mamo under his wing.

I know everyone was raving over Potter but the game is totally different to back when he was a gun fullback... clearly evident after the yr of oztag we have had.

Of course. I'm more pointing out individual defence. The more I watch it seems as though such and such can't trust the inside and outside man or men and tries to take on the attakee as a sole being whereas if they worked on slide techniques and shoulder rolls together they might feel more comfortable defending as a left hand or right hand side.

Of course. I'm more pointing out individual defence. The more I watch it seems as though such and such can't trust the inside and outside man or men and tries to take on the attakee as a sole being whereas if they worked on slide techniques and shoulder rolls together they might feel more comfortable defending as a left hand or right hand side.

All that is true as well,

I was agreeing with u mate! Just added that a structural fullback would help them all as a unit.

Oh oath I didn't disagree. Jake is only young so it's hard for him until he gets more game time and the players trust his judgement. I've noticed recently he doesn't start steering defence until tackle 3 which hurts us in the end. As you said a structural fullback with experience will help short term but I feel it's something that does come naturally eventually.

He's playing first grade full time and isn't even finished his first year there and people are expecting him to play like he has been there for several years

If we were midway through 2018 and hadn't seen improvement it'd be concerning, but not now

Mate u dont get what i/Dan are saying.

Look at RTS, same age as Mamo or maybe younger? ... he had a great traineeship under Mini which has and will continue to improve his game.

Holmes is doing the same right now as well.

Fullback in one of the most important and demanding positions on a footy field and takes years to get a real feel for the job at hand, any help a young guy like Mamo can get from a 150+ game fullback will help him and the CLUB a huge amount.

I mean he learnt a bit from gids but hey he wasn't considered a great fullback and didnt have a whole lot of time to learn from him.

When I judge young players, I don't mind if they have mistakes in their games. I just wanna see some sort of potential you can work with.
I just don't see it in Mamo.
He lacks the skills required to be a modern day fullback.
I'm still waiting for him to throw at least one decent pass.

Back