Rumour: Knights prepared to give David Minute a lifeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defender1

Matthew Gidley
Triple M are reporting we're the front runners (in a two horse race with the Tigers) to sign David Minute. Throwing the disgraced, hard running ex Bulldog a lifeline.

This kid can play. What he did was extremely stupid but other players have done much worse and still been allowed to play. I'd be more than happy for us to give him a second chance.

Not condoning what he did but it's honestly far from the worst thing a player has done in the NRL, NSW Cup or U20's. However the guy hasn't played any first grade yet and haven't really heard his name brought up as a potential first grader this year (though I haven't payed much notice to Dogs juniors). Looks good size wise and could be exactly what we need but I will reserve my excitement for now.

For those that don't know, he prank called one of the Bulldogs' female coaches multiple times in 1 night I believe, making masturbating noises (fapping or moaning sounds I don't know :lol: ) as a joke, then the cops traced the phone. Read the story a few days ago. On a small contract supporting a massive family, it's as dumb as you can get. Deserved the sack but also not bad enough that he can't be picked up again by someone, would happily take him. Highly rated by Bulldogs fans too, or atleast was a year or 2 ago.

Last edited:
Not condoning what he did but when I heard about the boogeyman voice part I laughed for a week or like 6 days or something.

Never heard of him.
An article says he was on a 90k contract at the bulldogs and he is 22.
If we get him for 60k for NSW cup and extra if he makes firstgrade, we probably have nothing to lose.
He is probably a mate of Feeney.

I would give this guy the $90,000 and go for him and Tolman would love to get both...

Not condoning what he did but

Not condoning what he did but

Yes. Yes you both are.

I'm not a racist but...

I'm not sexist but...

I'm not condoning it but...

If you have to use "but" to argue you are not something then you most certainly are.

If the rumours are true then it is a disgrace. What Minute is inexcusable and he should have no place at the Knights or in the NRL. Other players have done worse? Certainly have, and they too should have no place at the Knights or in the NRL.

Disgraceful if true.

Well I must be condoning it in your opinion also because I would buy him and I would buy Danny Wicks in a heart beat ...I am wondering though if you did this in normal everyday life (not a sportsman )and got caught , would your punishment be to lose your job Maybe , if you did it at work Probably .
BUT this crime after court, being fined , doing rehab or what ever, would it stop you from working for someone else in the same industry.... I Think not .

Yes. Yes you both are.

I'm not a racist but...

I'm not sexist but...

If you have to use "but" to argue you are not something then you most certainly are.

If the rumours are true then it is a disgrace. What Minute is inexcusable and he should have no place at the Knights or in the NRL. Other players have done worse? Certainly have, and they too should have no place at the Knights or in the NRL.

Disgraceful if true.

I happen to think what he did was freakin hilarious. It is the epitomy of a victimless crime. The chick on the other end would have been thinking how weird it was and likely reported it to police only because the caller was being a pest

I know you'd probably love to pretend like she was extremely scared and feared for her life after an extreme case of sexual harassment, but the real truth is that most people don't think like you

David Minute is guilty of being a dumb-***, irresponsible for his own actions. And in a professional environment, that kinda stupidity has absolutely no place. So naturally he lost his job

He's 22, still learning and almost definitely regretful. Why someone would feel as though he deserves to lose his sport and his livelihood for a moment of laughs says more about that person than it does the accused

Yes. Yes you both are.

I'm not a racist but...

I'm not sexist but...

Disgraceful if true.

I was making a joke in reference to the post above mine. I know you have no sense of humour so you may not understand.

I happen to think what he did was freakin hilarious. It is the epitomy of a victimless crime. The chick on the other end would have been thinking how weird it was and likely reported it to police only because the caller was being a pest

I know you'd probably love to pretend like she was extremely scared and feared for her life after an extreme case of sexual harassment, but the real truth is that most people don't think like you

David Minute is guilty of being a dumb-***, irresponsible for his own actions. And in a professional environment, that kinda stupidity has absolutely no place. So naturally he lost his job

He's 22, still learning and almost definitely regretful. Why someone would feel as though he deserves to lose his sport and his livelihood for a moment of laughs says more about that person than it does the accused

A victimless crime ... except for the female who was probably grossed out, felt objectified and probably was scared, I would be in her shoes.

I would be okay with the Knights signing him under two conditions:

(1) He has to complete a sexual harassment offenders program and
(2) His contract stipulates than it can be immediately terminated if their is any further misbehaviour of any kind on or off the field.

Why would we? With our signings so far great human beings leave this turd in the toilet.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would we? With our signings so far great human beings leave this turd in the toilet.

In the words of Jesus - let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

This is the sort of stupid thing that nearly everyone has done - some people do stuff like this all the time and get away with it.

A kick up the bum is fair - ruining his life is not fair - unless we are doing that for everyone who makes an arse of themselves. If so, I better pack my bags, I'm off to gaol I think.

Geez times have changed. Take the tennis sledging. Who never got on the drink and shouted out "f*** her Mate we did" ? Who never made a nuisance phone call ? Must be plenty of Saints getting around. Laughable we talk about not giving him a chance when we've had Houston Captain the team. Life today is far too serious.

A victimless crime ... except for the female who was probably grossed out, felt objectified and probably was scared, I would be in her shoes.

Oh she felt objectified? Jeez, well enough said, let's destroy a man's livelihood and watch his family go without.

Talk about a blind focus on niche sympathies

Since Hagan became our recruitment guy we have mostly signed Bulldog players.

Hagan was an ex Bullbog and his older brother was chairman there for a decade.

Seems to me that we have contacts there now. Not sure how I feel about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back