Rumour: Kalyn Ponga set to re-sign with the Knights

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by mullenmagic, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

It will be interesting to see how Ponga is used in 2020 - the 2020 vision for Ponga.
    I think he will be told to be a lot more of a traditional fullback and his playmaking skills will only be used for set plays near the opposition line.
    Like the best fullbacks, he should be ready to back up every break, and you can't really do that if you are in the line for half the game.
    In short, we should have 2 halves being functional playmakers, and Ponga being a fullback with a few tricks we can use as a surprize, not as our regular play.

2. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    For sure mate, whoever is in charge of their retention is having a lend paying a gazzillion for forwards and little for backs and nothing for their spine.

Seems Seibold and said person are in love with athletes and don't believe you need footballers to win.

3. R_A

R_A Mark Hughes

Just another club Bennett left in a mess on his path of destruction. The Broncos were over the cap for Round 1 in this 2019 season when Seibold took over is an example of how badly he left things there.

Think they are doing the right things, keeping around these young kids who want to play for the club and for Seibold as well as these developement players. He will just have to weather the Storm with Bird/Boyd's dead cap money. And they have a very good crop of developement players.

I think that's why they gave Seibold five years, hes close to having the squad he wants.

4. Lord of the Skraelings

Forgot about Bird!

So that's $3 million between them and maybe change of $200-$300k lol.

No one would touch Bird either.

Believe all are under contract til atleast 2021 as well, happy days.

5. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

KP under contract to 2021 as well.
    I think the article about Brisbane delivering a dump truck full of money to his door would be for 2022 onwards, when all their duds on big money are gone.

6. Owey

Owey Brett Grogan

And yet they are able to put it out there now. I know, we haven't been saints lately either. Just asking, are there rules and contracts or aren't there?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

7. knightime

knightime Dean Carney

'They' being the Mole haha.

Joshhh likes this.
  8. Lord of the Skraelings

Wonder who the new coach will be by then, they'll be rubbish again next year and can't see the Bronco's copping another bad year.

9. cowboyman

cowboyman Tony Butterfield

Hospitality
    Those forwards seem the real deal especially Fifita. I rate Croft as well. Home working behind that pack could spell danger for opposition next year unfortunately. Milford to be the biggest improver next year.

10. Lord of the Skraelings

There forwards are guns, Haas best prop in the game and Fifita potentially best backrower and definately now most skillfull backrower in the comp, other guys are goers as well, croft couldn't hold down a spot at the storm, don't get the hype.

Milford hasn't had a good year since he left the Raiders and if Wayne couldn't get him to fire goodluck Sebs.

11. cowboyman

Hospitality
    He never got the chance in Melbourne as Smith never gave him the ball. Was a scape goat. He is a organising half that will free up Milford.

If Milford runs the ball first before organising next season he will be back to his best.

12. krustykraz

krustykraz Todd Bates

13. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Inb4 Cowboyman trashing Ponga’s old boy.

Kurriboy likes this.
  14. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I refuse to get my hopes up over Ponga, because he will be offered virtually anything he wants to go elsewhere.
    It does sound promising though.

15. cowboyman

Hospitality
    Sounds exactly like Pongas old man taking over his career like I’ve been saying. And cuts out the managers cut and more money for Ponga senior. Follows the script to what I’ve been saying.

16. KnightsUnite

KnightsUnite Adam Cuthbertson

Maybe or to keep his son grounded and more profit for the whole family including Kalyn...

17. cowboyman

Hospitality
    Or speak out saying KP wants out of Cowboys the year early which KP said was not his feelings. I guess the triples sized contract waiting at the Knights was a big motivating factor for the old man to try and drive the wedge between his son and current club at that time.

Can have your own opinion on the situation but a very well sourced poster on the Cowboys forum who has a 99.99% strike rate on his inside info has always said from day one that the old man is the problem and living his life through the son. This seems like another example in my opinion.

18. Rob

Rob Charlie McAlister

I believe senior still works...not as though he’s living off his son. Mightn’t have to after the next contract, wherever it is. Short career and all that often quoted crap...get it where you can

19. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Or it could be, you know, for the reason actually stated in the article.

20. cowboyman

Hospitality

Because everything written in the media is true. Have your own opinion. I have mine based on very good info that’s been said by someone that has a proven track record. Whatever floats your boat.