Rumour: Greg Bird to the Knights

Would you like Greg Bird to join Knights?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • No thanks

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
He was sin binned today for continually starting fights. Dunno how much it cost the Titans though, they started a comeback and scored twice while they were down to 12 men.

His tactics kept his team in the game... its called getting under the other teams skin in which they start to forget the plan and start trying to target him instead. :fist:

His tactics kept his team in the game... its called getting under the other teams skin in which they start to forget the plan and start trying to target him instead. :fist:

:lol: A tactical self-sinbinning ... if that was his plan then he executed it perfectly. Good grief.

He was sin binned today for continually starting fights. Dunno how much it cost the Titans though, they started a comeback and scored twice while they were down to 12 men.

Joe tapine started him and got smacked rightfully so then bird went on with it

No people think its ok to continue on this youth will come good thing.... young kids get mentally broken and sometimes never grow to the hights they mite have.
The team of youth needs protection, guidance, and someone to pick them up off the ground when they have been hit.
GREG BIRD is that man 100%
Yes i agree... Lewis or another experienced enforcer for sure but NOT Bird he would only be coming here to take it easy on big money to finish his career because he hates this club so take it easy and take they're money ....Besides that he's a sleaze bag imo...

Yes i agree... Lewis or another experienced enforcer for sure but NOT Bird he would only be coming here to take it easy on big money to finish his career because he hates this club so take it easy and take they're money ....Besides that he's a sleaze bag imo...

He pinch u on the bum Ethan?

Bird is not the answer for this club. He's on the wrong side of 30, grub, and a rubbish player anyway. Don't know what people see in him.

Sorry guys, but I believe Greg Bird is certainly part of the answer! As I have stated before, if he does come here next year, he will have converted all of you within 6 rounds! Just my opinion!

A thug will never convert me longprong - never! If anyone kept the Titans in the game it was Tyrone Roberts who played out of his skin setting tries up with cut out passes. Bird conceded six penalties and ended in the bin where he should stay - like one of the Sesame Street muppets!

He pinch u on the bum Ethan?
No Mate he smashed his girlfriend in the face with a glass and then blamed it on his mate...2 of the most unAustralian things you can do ....That's why I don't want him here and the fact that imo he is past it..... We would have been better off keeping Packer if we don't care about who the people we sign are ....

I know all about his history mate!!
Though that was 10yrs ago and yes his not a saint today... but he is a very very good footballer and a smart footballer.
We aint the ones signing him... but im glad i mentioned his name and now it looks like it will happen.

His name has been linked with us for years.

Wonder if the girl with the facial scars has forgotten all about it because it was ten years ago?

Or does she remember coz she sees them in the mirror every day for the rest of her life ...

Doesn't offer the same experience as Bird but I would like us to have a go at signing Luke Bateman from the Raiders. He is off contract aswell

His name has been linked with us for years.

Wonder if the girl with the facial scars has forgotten all about it because it was ten years ago?

Or does she remember coz she sees them in the mirror every day for the rest of her life ...

Lol well the fact she split the second the trial was done to me reeks that Birdy played a year or to for free.

Bird is past it that's why everyone is calling for his head in SOO not good enough to be there anymore and he is a SLEAZE BAG I don't want him at our club ...

- - - Updated - - -

I know all about his history mate!!
Though that was 10yrs ago and yes his not a saint today... but he is a very very good footballer and a smart footballer.
We aint the ones signing him... but im glad i mentioned his name and now it looks like it will happen.
Well if you know about his history why would you want him here ....

Veteran hardman Greg Bird wants to stay at Titans

TRAVIS MEYN, The Courier-Mail
August 18, 2016 11:49am
Subscriber only

d82545adbb59ea5fbfccfb75f47e8a16

[FONT=&amp]GREG Bird wants to remain at the Titans for as long as he can despite Newcastle’s pursuit of the Gold Coast hardman.

Bird will return to his home region on Saturday when the Titans try to edge a step closer to a drought-breaking finals appearance.

Bird’s first season at the Titans ended with a preliminary final loss and the club has not featured in the playoffs since.

During his seven seasons at the Gold Coast, Bird has regularly been linked with a move across the border but Newcastle’s interest is genuine.

A Knights official contacted the Titans to ask about Bird’s status and coach Nathan Brown has publicly confirmed he is keen on the former State of Origin star.

Bird, 32, is contracted to the Titans until the end of next season. His future at the Coast beyond then is unknown.

“I’d like to think I’ve earned the respect of people in the area and in the club,” Bird said. “I’d like to hopefully stay on here.

“I go out and play as hard as I can every week, Hopefully people can see that and see my desire to remain a Titan for as long as I can.”

Newcastle’s pursuit of Bird hit a snag this week when his brother-in-law, Knights forward Robbie Rochow, signed with South Sydney for next year.

Bird, who is now the fifth-most capped Titan, said he was perplexed by constant speculation about his future.

“It’s been the chat ever since I got back from France (in 2010),” he said.

“It’s nice to be wanted I guess. It’s nice people have an interest in me.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/d82545adbb59ea5fbfccfb75f47e8a16
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

Back