Rumor: Knights chasing Dylan Napa for 2018

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Defender1, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Defender1

Defender1 Steve Simpson

Reported this morning that the Knights are making a play for Dylan Napa for 2018... Thread started for comments.

2. Ethan

Ethan Ben Kennedy

FORWARD THINKING

Now that Newcastle’s primary target has signed a letter of intent, the club has turned their attention to boosting their forward stocks.

Market Watch can reveal the Knights are the latest club to join the queue for Roosters forward Dylan Napa.

Brisbane and the Knights are two of six clubs chasing the young prop for season 2018.

With Kalyn Ponga signing a letter of intent to join the Knights on a massive long-term deal, the club needs to bring in some size to help him and his young teammates Danny Levi and Brock Lamb.

While the Saifiti brothers are stars on the rise, the club have several experienced targets they will pursue to bring some experience to their young squad.

Several ageing forwards are off-contract but the list of younger big men is a boutique list headlined by the likes of Napa, Aaron Woods, Ryan James, Josh McGuire and Jordan McLean.

All five men will attract plenty of interest and command big money on the open market.

Like James and McLean, 24-year-old Napa is pushing for an Origin call up in 2017 and is set to command around $700,000 a season for his services.

A member of the Prime Minister’s XIII side, 2017 will be Napa’s fifth year in the top grade.

Having recently re-signed Kiwi enforcer Jared Waerea-Hargreaves until the end of 2020, the Roosters won’t lose Napa without a fight and have turned their attention to extending the forward.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/33b89d815fd29e774aa1511b00380ee2

- - - Updated - - -

Napa here would be perfect ...$700,000 a season offer him $850,000 for 3 yrs

3. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Yes please.

4. ryan.berger.56

ryan.berger.56 Todd Bates

Good player, see how he goes this year first before making an offer

5. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    If we get Napa, this is the greatest recruitment drive in club history.

6 months ago I would have said no chance of getting him now will be surprised if we don’t.

13. Buhrer.
    12. Barnett.
    11. Sione
    10. Napa.
    9. Levi.
    8. Sims.

14. Kostjayson.
    15. Safiti.
    16. Safiti.
    17. Paea/Pauli/Mataora.

All of a sudden our forward pack is top 8 standard.

6. slotmachine

Buhrer hasn't been a lock for almost three years and I very much doubt Korbin will re-sign. Paea will be looking for a new club too.

7. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Grab Napa fast or he will be long g..o..n..e..!

8. Lord of the Skraelings

Sim's is pretty settled here so I think its 50/50. Paea is mediocre anyway and I can't imagine being a year older will help.

Really think a firebrand like Napa could send Sims into turbo mode.

Edit: LOL @ Napa being $700k, try $400k. Throw him a 4 year deal and he'll leap at us.

9. slotmachine

Korbin on 350k and is ordinary. We just gave some kid with two first grade games over 500k. Napa easily worth 700k.

10. Tasgirl

Tasgirl Tasgirl

Hippie.
    Dylan Naper.....oooohhhh yeah, just what our forward pack needs, I love watching him play.

11. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

2018 is the year for us to have a real go - although realistically, that might be a year or even two years too early for most of our young squad.
    All our signings should be serious firstgraders for 2018 and beyond.
    Project players were fine in 2016 and still OK in 2017, but we have no place for them from 2018 on.

12. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Watching him continually smash Burgess time and time again in one game this year was awesome. I'd hate to see him run around for the Broncos which seems to be doing the rounds in the rumour mill. Great player and the mongrel he runs and tackles with is something we are desperately in need of. Throw him a 4 year deal. He'd be our best forward with ease.

13. mullenmagic

mullenmagic Trent Estatheo

He's had a few outstanding games, the one against Souths stands out obviously, but not sure that he does it consistently enough to be a leader yet.

14. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

Napa is good but is he 700k good yet?

15. Tma1990

Tma1990 Peter Malcolm

The only reason he wants out at the roosters is to move home to Brisbane , it's a race between them two clubs

16. Ethan

Ethan Ben Kennedy

Get rid of Stockwell , Paea , Korbin and throw the cheque book at Napa and Graham .
    8 Napa
    9 Kostjaysn
    10 Graham
    11 Daniel Saifiti
    12 PauliPauli
    13 Jacob Saifiti
    HAHA I know it wont happen but that's 1 monster pack lol

17. Lord of the Skraelings

I like how Graham looks like a escaped asylum patient when he charges the ref's frothing at the mouth with his hands held behind his back.

18. Defender1

Defender1 Steve Simpson

A monster pack that will concede 40 points a game lol.

19. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

He's a funny character. I've even read Dogs fans saying how they cringe when he's screaming his head off at his own players or how he can't control himself at times. Personally I think it's amazing. People will always find something to complain about though I guess.

20. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I like how he folds his finger at refs instead of straight up pointing now then he nods and walks backwards with the thumbs up. He's a funny character.