Round 8: Newcastle Knights vs Manly Sea Eagles

What is your prediction for this game ??

• Knights 13+

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Knights 1-12

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sea Eagles 1-12

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chill out mate, Toohey has good sources but he's always been a knights cheerleader. He never bags the club or it's players so he's not going to throw KP or the coaching staff under a bus.

I agree though, KP and Pearce have been awful in good attacking positions since the break. Klemmer is having to ball play at first receiver because the million dollar half isn't in position...

Mann has taken that 6 shirt with both hands and good on him . I personally thought he might play 6 until we had a better player for there but at the moment no one is taking that off him ... I think he has proven everyone wrong everyone but the coach that is ..
I dont know how many tackles he misses but quite a few big guys will think twice about running at him again . He has smashed a few forwards with his defence .

I think we are playing way too flat to be honest. But KP has looked out of sorts lately. Still did some impressive stuff at the back to get out of in goal

Chill out mate, Toohey has good sources but he's always been a knights cheerleader. He never bags the club or it's players so he's not going to throw KP or the coaching staff under a bus.

I agree though, KP and Pearce have been awful in good attacking positions since the break. Klemmer is having to ball play at first receiver because the million dollar half isn't in position...
Chill out?

It seems not much chat on field in good ball. Plenty of times junior was tackled on play 4.........then we manufacture a dumb play 5. We always seem to "set up" for play 4 and 5 as try scoring opportunities. Good teams do it every tackle in good ball.

Our defence hasn't been up to scratch the last 2 weeks but our attack has been woeful for 3 weeks. We need to start playing a bit of footy at halfway when teams bunch through the guts. Our passing is slow from dummy half, Pearce should put in a kick early to show them he recognises the d flying up early.

Also, I get too much structure and shape is frowned upon, but it would be nice if we looked like we had met before.
This. Obviously our game plan yesterday revolved around turning the forwards inside hitting the next line to tire Manly’s big middle forwards but it was ineffective and every time we looked to shift the ball all our runners were flat footed and not running on to the pass at speed.

Not sure if it’s a game plan issue or a communication issue but it needs to fixed starting this Sunday.

Anddddd typical of Barry Toohey. When someone disagrees with his ‘almighty word’ instead of accepting a pleasant debate he blocks you
How was it a pleasant debate? I'm assuming this is you and you called him a "grumpy old bastard". You then proceeded to call everyone who didn't agree with your opinion a "suck up". What did you expect would happen?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 181
How was it a pleasant debate? I'm assuming this is you and you called him a "grumpy old bastard". You then proceeded to call everyone who didn't agree with your opinion a "**** up". What did you expect would happen?
It wasnt me thats for sure lol.

This. Obviously our game plan yesterday revolved around turning the forwards inside hitting the next line to tire Manly’s big middle forwards but it was ineffective and every time we looked to shift the ball all our runners were flat footed and not running on to the pass at speed.

Not sure if it’s a game plan issue or a communication issue but it needs to fixed starting this Sunday.
Levi said in an article today that he could hear them all saying "run at Danny" - and he said he got a good shot on DSaf as well.
The boys might have got a bit obsessed with getting one up on a mate.

Annesley said manly should have got a penalty. Clearly didn't watch DCE hold back Bradman after he throws his pass. Braddy would have got him 3 strides earlier if not held back.

Manly fans are still having a whinge at the call on full-time. Must have short memories. Remember when Aku was awarded a try off a knock-on a few years ago that cost us two points? Karma.

IMO, it should definitely have been a penalty against Bradman. That said, Manly missed out on the try where Levi knocked it on into Ponga, the likely try where DCE passed it and Suli fumbled it, and the likely try where Cust (I think) passed it almost out of the park. Manly had plenty of opportunities but made 7 errors, plenty of which were on our try line. If they clean up those errors, they likely score and win the game.

Manly fans are still having a whinge at the call on full-time. Must have short memories. Remember when Aku was awarded a try off a knock-on a few years ago that cost us two points? Karma.

Except that not awarding a penalty On Sunday was the correct decision here.

Because you wouldn’t be awarding it mid game.

The circus and entertainment of the NRL (and the clowns in the media who care about creating controversy out of nothing rather then report on factual stories) means
calls on the siren will always be scrutinised when in reality they are no different to the other million times it’s happened and no penalty was called. When in reality it’s clutching at straws at its finest

Uhm what? Penalty TO Bradman don't you mean. The guy was held back in that same play, exactly like the fitzgibbon hold back from DCE. Professional foul. That's pretty black and white to me.

Honestly, I didn’t see that he was held back. If that’s the case then I agree with you. From what I saw (and admittedly I haven’t rewatched it) I thought Bradman pushed Funa only, hence the uncalled penalty. Either way, it didn’t cost Manly the game as their fans seem to be up in arms about.

He made contact with a guy who kicked the ball just after he'd kicked it.
I agree that should be a penalty, but the fact is, every halfback who kicks the ball these days will have contact made up to a second or two after they kick, and refs have been allowing it for years.
If that was a penalty, Pearce should have been awarded 6 during the game, which I'd be cool with, but the current convention is, you can contact a kicker just after they kick.

Honestly, I didn’t see that he was held back. If that’s the case then I agree with you. From what I saw (and admittedly I haven’t rewatched it) I thought Bradman pushed Funa only, hence the uncalled penalty. Either way, it didn’t cost Manly the game as their fans seem to be up in arms about.
Manly fans shall forever be dirty at Newcastle. Bugger em! Yeah if you look at the start of that play, after DCE passes to funa he holds onto Bradman not allowing him to defend. Whatever happens after that is null and void imo because of that infringement. So what happens to funa is unfortunate, the bunker needed to replay it from the start. It's a knights penalty if playing by the rules.

The ref clearly missed the hold back which allowed play on, "if" there was no infringement on Bradman then I do agree that there should have been a penalty.

Back