Round 7: Newcastle Knights vs Wests Tigers

What is your prediction for this game ??

• Knights 13+

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Knights 1-12

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers 1-12

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Tigers 13+

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He wants to move to the back row so not sure how that is going to pan out for him.

There are players in front of Ponga for SOO and I can't see him getting there this year, but I can see him forcing his way in next year, regardless of who is in front of him.

Yeah he trained most oc the off season in the backrow but still started on the wing and hasnt moved since.

He wants to move to the back row so not sure how that is going to pan out for him.

There are players in front of Ponga for SOO and I can't see him getting there this year, but I can see him forcing his way in next year, regardless of who is in front of him.

Don't think he'll make it straight up, but if they lose the first game & lose it in a bad fashion, I can see the pressure to put him on the bench for spark. Queensland are like the Broncos, their forward pack seems too small/out of form, NSW on the other hand will probably have a huge in form pack.

Yeah he trained most oc the off season in the backrow but still started on the wing and hasnt moved since.

Bennett told him he could move to the forwards if he wanted to, but would have to do it in reserve grade to prove he's a better option than what they've got. Guess Oates gave in & stuck to the wing. I'm sure some club out there will probably hand him big money & a second-row spot though.

Buhrer wouldn’t be a bad option this weekend. Excellent defender and will definitely be up for it against his old side. He can just feed Ponga all night and come up with the match winning play in the dying stages. Typical Buhrer!

Ive watched Buhrer closely for a long time.
He's wife Grace is a Alder, i played footy with her 2 older brothers Matt and Luke.

Buhrer aint the guy that gets noticed cause everything he does is just classic style football, outstanding moments rarely come from Buhrer but he will be the last guy chasing to save a try or be the first guy in to lead by example.
Thats why every player wants him next to them and every coach loves him.
Can he play a roaming/running role at 6? 100% he can, has done in many times in the past for Manly, one game sticks out VS the Broncos when half of manly side were suspended or injured.
Both Stewarts, Watmough, Lyon, Kite, Foran think it was 2011 and the broncos had killed teams the previous month DCE and Buhrer almost carried them home for a win at Suncorp and they had a 22pt start at the tab.
I know this as i put $250 on them with the start.
Ended up losing in the final minutes 20-19 or something like that.

I didn't think it was that surprising to be honest. Anyone that's watched him when he played second-row knows he was a smaller guy with some ball skills. Even in 2017 he did a bit of kicking for us before he got switched to hooker, we literally made it a game plan for guys like Sione, Buhrer & Barnett to kick the ball because Hokko certainly wasn't doing much of it. All he did was put a simple chip up which he is more than capable of, & SKD being the tall fella he is was able to pull it in.

I didn't think it was that surprising to be honest. Anyone that's watched him when he played second-row knows he was a smaller guy with some ball skills. Even in 2017 he did a bit of kicking for us before he got switched to hooker, we literally made it a game plan for guys like Sione, Buhrer & Barnett to kick the ball because Hokko certainly wasn't doing much of it. All he did was put a simple chip up which he is more than capable of, & SKD being the tall fella he is was able to pull it in.

Seems like a fair few on here dont know though.
He's not much different to Greg Bird tbh, only difference is Bird is a grub but i loved Birdy, we could of used him the past 2yrs imo.

I'm singling you out in regards to your comments on our competitiveness, not our top 8 chances. I don't think we'll make the 8 either...

Sarcasm? That would have to be a first. Was the comment on us not deserving to win also sarcasm? Every man and his dog could see we were the better team that game.

We had all the ball and hardly any points in the first half... they came out and went bang bang bang... i was also watching at the club so missed a bit of what happened.

Was a good win and we scored more tries then they did...

So i was wrong we did deserve the win.

With ponga it was a joke...

Back