Round 6: Newcastle Knights vs Gold Coast Titans

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Apr 14, 2019.

?

What is your prediction for this game ??

Poll closed Apr 21, 2019.
  1. Knights 13+

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. Knights 1-12

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Titans 1-12

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. Titans 13+

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  1. JOJO82

JOJO82 Jason Moodie

Been saying it since last year, Barnett is rubbish and I would pick Sione everyday of the week over him.

Barnett is a park footballer .

Beaumont and Hughburt6 like this.
  2. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Don’t fret guys, we’ll win big next week.

:lol::lol::lol:

3. knightslad

knightslad Danny Wicks

I thought JB got the team around the park well when he was on the field. For me Danny Levi has to go he is a selfish little prick who always thinks he can run out of dummy half all the time and manages to stuff up. I thought SKD tried his arse if for the team tonight and showed great fight. But for me I’m not given up and hopefully we bounce back big at home next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    I think the opposite. I don't think Levi's taking the defence on enough since he was told by Brown he had to be a team player. No variation in our attack means we get belted every week.

Kurriboy and danknights like this.
  5. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

The thing with Levi is his communication. When he goes nobody goes with him. Your 9 should be a chatterbox. Levi just isn't there yet I'm that aspect.

Lacookaracha and knightslad like this.
  6. The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd

The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd Russell Wyer

Asset Manager
    I remember chatting to Bedsy a year ago at the Australian Open and while he didn’t go as far as talking Levi down, he had nothing good to say about him. Period. He loved Griffin and called last Jan that he would be our main man at Hooker in 18. Geez we could do with someone like Griffin at 9 now.

JOJO82 likes this.
  7. The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd

The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd Russell Wyer

Asset Manager
    Just watched presser. Browny has amazing puppy eyes. Legitimately feel for the man. It’s not his fault he’s clueless and the players don’t respond to him. He does really care. Looked very very dejected. Said how training went well. I’d say that’s because there was a bunch of guys who try 80% versus a bunch that try 70%

Tasgirl and Beaumont like this.
  8. Beaumont

I'm the same every week after a loss. I bag Brown then I see him at the press conference and feel sorry for the bloke.

9. Beaumont

Someone mentioned it recently about how long we warm up for. I mentioned it a couple of years ago. The FOX commentators today commented about the intensity in t our warm up. Our players have hands on heads/hips after 5 minutes. Maybe have a smoke and a spew in the sheds before the game instead of a half hour warm up.

JOJO82, Battler and slotmachine like this.
  10. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Feed of KFC and a dart, nursing a raging hangover good enough for most.

11. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

Yep I talked about it a few weeks ago. We should have a quick warm up and then stretch till kickoff. They should know the job they all have to do.

This is why when I see no line speed and no intent in defence to stop the body it makes me wonder if it's a plan by brown and d coach to try get some stamina into match fitness rather then going all out, pile on points then defend them then.

Joey1245 and Beaumont like this.
  12. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Sean Rudder

They cant be worn out from the warm up. If so they would still start strong still.

They are starting flat.

It isn't the warm up.

13. daniels

daniels Tony Kemp

Most dummy half's do that to engage the markers and stop the defensive line from shifting and create space out wide. Need to adjust our depth though so we are not being crunched when they get the ball.

Beaumont likes this.
  14. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

Me no understandy. If your worn out how is it possible to come out with gas left to perform at NRL level? I feel the problem also lies in the gym. Muscle fatigue is obvious in these blokes. They are in the gym pretty much everyday but there is a difference between being strong and being fit. I'd much rather a fit footy player over a muscled up athlete.

15. kurtsux

kurtsux George Mann

Thanks mate, it was a quiet drive home

Battler, Kurriboy and Tasgirl like this.
  16. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Sean Rudder

There was a discussion recently on a footy show about the difference between training in the past vs training now.

These days it's all about explosiveness and strength, not so much fitness.

Anyway, my point is they are not going to be gassed from the warm up, sure they may be down some energy but not gassed.

They should still come out of the blocks well regardless. Just fade faster than opposition.

We are not starting games with any intensity.

It isn't the warmup causing it.

17. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Sean Rudder

Yeah, it sux. I go to all home games, plenty of quiet drives home lol.

We are going to coffs tomorrow for a week. I was thinking of leaving early and driving the extra to the gold coast for the game but glad I didn't.

Lefty and kurtsux like this.
  18. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

Were obviously not clicking yet but we either blew or got ripped off with 4 certain try's and at least 3 or 4 of there try's came directly from our mistakes .
    You can see how frustrated with his own game that Pearce is , especially when he gave away 2 penalties 30 seconds apart .
    Levi is a lot of our go forward problem his service from dummy half is not very good.
    He either takes a step or two and by the time the guy receives the ball the opposition is in the ball receiver,s face or the receiver has to stop to catch the ball usually behind him or rake in a wayward pass and by the time he does the opposition are in his face too which stops all our forward momentum .
    The few time Levi passed of the ground and gave accurate quick service we looked much better .
    Personally I think we need a better hooker than Levi I don't know how Woolford is going , but we need a hooker a good hooker ( sorry to say ) not Levi and not a stand in But a professional seasoned hooker .
    We have Griffin but not for a while and with those knee's who knows for how long.
    I hate losing like every knights fan but im not as frustrated as most as I kind of expected this for the first half of the season , I have said all along that it will take half a season at least for them to gel I hope it happens earlier and if it doesn't I hope it happens lol, because if and when it does we will be hard to beat.
    If a few things had gone our way we could have easily scored 6 try's in that game and not given away 4 try's .

knightslad and Tasgirl like this.
  19. kurtsux

kurtsux George Mann

We need a genuine 6 with a good kicking game. A Cameron Munster. Having a 6 who will not kick a single ball in Watson is a terrible plan. No wonder Pearce gets smashed all day long cos the opposition knows 5th tackle = ball to Pearce

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  20. Joey1245

Joey1245 Dave Woods

I actually agree we come out tired and slow are we over doing it in warm ups