Round 6: Newcastle Knights vs Gold Coast Titans

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Apr 14, 2019.

?

What is your prediction for this game ??

Poll closed Apr 21, 2019.
  1. Knights 13+

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. Knights 1-12

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Titans 1-12

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. Titans 13+

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  1. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Well for one I was pleased with King's effort today!

Lefty likes this.
  2. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Yes decent effort but why do we keep finding him to give the ball to inside their 20 ?

3. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

If I hear either the coach or a player say that we need time or the fans need to stick solid I may go on a killing spree.

JOJO82, Kurriboy, Battler and 3 others like this.
  4. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Is the gap between our worst and best getting bigger or smaller ?

5. Lefty

Lefty Grant Stuart

Bigger

6. knightime

knightime Max Chapman

I won’t be, until we begin to play competitively. I don’t care if we win or lose, as long as we have a decent go, and we haven’t been. I hope Wests are inundated with requests for membership refunds, just to signal to them that the ever-patient fans are tired of this ****-poor team and its excuses.

7. Redd

Redd Con Mika

I am so glad I didn't waste my time and money taking the kids down to that. So embarrassing

8. The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd

The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd Russell Wyer

Asset Manager
    I was saying this to my wife this morning. Both my teams **** so bad right now and each year I hope at least one of them can turn things around. Na

Great win for Spurs in CL though! Epic!!!! I hope City win league and Spurs CL

And I missed the Knights glory years! Moved here in 2003 and started following them in 2005. Pretty much nothing but suffering for me

9. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

We don’t have a ‘best’ so technically yes. We’re very consistent, consistently sh*t but consistent none the less.

10. Steen

Steen Daniel Saifiti

That will do me. Crap team, crap coach. The teams problem is they have the ability but lack direction and the desire to work hard for a win. The coach’s problem is that this level is beyond him. I reserved my judgement on Brown to this point but it is clear that he does not have the tools or the knowledge to coach at this level. I miss the days when the knights teams of old, may not have had the ability, but you knew that when they came off the field, win, lose of draw, they gave 110%. I was proud of those teams, not proud at all at this present bunch of pretenders. We need a coach who can install pride again in the jumper and that will not be afraid to tear strips off players that don’t perform. If the presents team were in exactly the same position as they are now, but the fans new that they were giving everything they had to win, I’m certain fans would still be right behind them and supporting them like teams of old. I just can’t support this team anymore when It is clearly obvious that they are not putting in anywhere near 100%.

JOJO82 likes this.
  11. Mr Goanna

Mr Goanna hung up on the glory days

outmuscled by a patched-up Titans pack and outsmarted by a Knights reject...my prediction of the Knights finishing 10th may have been wildly optimistic...

12. knights22

knights22 Adam Woolnough

We were terrible first half, refs really screwed us over in the middle of the second half. Surely this confirms that Watson isn't a 6, our spine has to look 1. Pong 6. 7. Pearce 9. Levi 14. Watson
    Really happy with Ponga today though, I thought he was a bit hot and cold so far this season, but he was always looking for the ball today which is good to see.

13. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Watson only credited with 3 errors. I suppose the two passes where he hit guys in the ear were put down as errors by them.

14. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

I can’t dislike Watson because he tries his arse off. Whenever he gets the ball something is gonna happen either good or bad.

member 2299, Edogmilly and Battler like this.
  15. knights22

knights22 Adam Woolnough

Ca't disagree with you there Mozza, for all his errors, he showed more passion then anyone else today.

16. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Brennan deciding to keep using Roberts as the main playmaker instead of Taylor was good coaching. We would have had plans to keep Taylor under control, but he hardly saw the ball.
    Next week the team they play will probably have all their best defenders on Roberts, and Taylor will be the main guy.

17. Hughburt6

Hughburt6 Mike McLean

I think Watson should play 9. His speed around the ruck would be good and maybe he can give clean service to the halves
    Mann or Lino to 6

18. Hughburt6

Hughburt6 Mike McLean

Jeez if sione ran 35m like Barnett did today everyone would be calling for his head.
    Barnett bench prop or reserve grade for mine, Glasby and Fitz not far behind him

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  19. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Sean Rudder

Good coaching lol, something we dont benefit from.

Question. At what point was it decided Lino was going to be dropped? We had the commentators saying Lino was dropped but here he is on screen warming up with the 6 on his back.

Literally appeared to be a last minute hook. He was fit, seemed Brown went all week with a plan then 5 minutes before kickoff went yeah nah.

I cant recall seeing a player dressed in a starting jersey dropped from the squad entirely during the warmup.

20. MisterLevy

MisterLevy Rod Whitaker

Brown let off easy in the presser.

He seems worried about the final touches, the 1%ers but the problem is the 99%ers. Line speed no.1 for me and competing every play and defending errors after that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk