• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragons 1 - 12

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Dragons 13 +

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The knights lost the game in the ruck with slow play the balls with hardly any quick play the balls for bailey to attack. The issue is when the refs are letting alot go on in the ruck, only blowing six again on the first tackle it's up to the attack to find away around the tactic. The Knights seem very reluctant , or capable? to change the one out runners for most of the set.

Thought it was a good effort considering all the injuries. I thought it was fairly even contest in the forwards despite gus constantly saying the dragons were well on top. We could have easily won that game even with the injuries we had if we executed a bit better / got a few calls. Some key moments that cost us were klemmers penalty from the scrum, Watson's play the ball when the dragons were shot to pieces and obviously the disallowed try and pretty sure sims first try was forward. Hopefully we can stay in contention for the eight and get close to a full squad for the back end of the season.

If we don't get 3 injuries to our spine and Green comes on with 30 to go nobody bats an eyelid.

If he doesn't pick Green and had have gone with our usual bench, who comes in to replace Pearce? Considering Mann gone, Pearce gone and Hoy gone?

You have a bench of Jsaf, Watson, King and Jones to pick from!

If anything having Green there on the bench was a great selection considering the injuries to the spine. My only disappointment was Green didn't run out at half time to steer the ship.

I get Green wasn't match fit. But damn was I confused that he didn't dome on for Pierce. Or at half time when hoy was out.

The boys tried hard but they were so gassed you could see the 2nd half tries coming.

That was my first game in 2 years. Pity or was a loss, but at least it was a very gutsy attempt.

I’m thinking the coach was worried Green would become a defensive liability with 10 to go. Not just that, it was a brutal game. But yeah, he should have been out in for Pearce.

Clune’s pass on the first Sims try was forward. Barnett’s pass to Hymel was not. If the refs get those calls right, we’re talking this up as one of the most courageous wins in the club’s history.

If we can just get a bit of luck with injuries - unlikely under an administration seemingly deadset on rushing in more and more rule changes tailor-made to increase the possibility of players getting hurt - and keep spirits high & attitude good, I think this team can win more games than it loses still going forward. The injury point always seems like a big “if” though.

I don’t know of another first grade coach who’s had as bad a run of outs as Adzy has to begin his career. That’s given us no continuity with which to build cohesion, hence the often seemingly confused and disjointed attack. If you ask some of our more intelligent fans though there’s just no reason at all for it hahaha.

Clune’s pass on the first Sims try was forward. Barnett’s pass to Hymel was not. If the refs get those calls right, we’re talking this up as one of the most courageous wins in the club’s history.

If we can just get a bit of luck with injuries - unlikely under an administration seemingly deadset on rushing in more and more rule changes tailor-made to increase the possibility of players getting hurt - and keep spirits high & attitude good, I think this team can win more games than it loses still going forward. The injury point always seems like a big “if” though.

I don’t know of another first grade coach who’s had as bad a run of outs as Adzy has to begin his career. That’s given us no continuity with which to build cohesion, hence the often seemingly confused and disjointed attack. If you ask some of our more intelligent fans though there’s just no reason at all for it hahaha.

I genuinely believe if we had our full strength team on the park for an extended period of time and injuries were kind to us we are definitely too 4 team and would compete for the title.

Our attack has suffered big time as you mentioned above due to not having our starters on and building combinations.

Knights are cursed with injuries, but as supporters we are used to it and still stick by the team no matter what.

Even before then the Dragons were ‘hitting harder in defence’. Knights forwards were outplayed all day.
By standing offside the whole time . Maybe do yourself a favour and read Barry Tooheys article in the herald he points out all the mistakes by the ref . But hey according to people on here he was fine ......

Good to see something being said about the way Ravalawa acted after the collision. Taunting a clearly concussed player on the ground is poor and I don't blame Barny for reacting.

Good to see something being said about the way Ravalawa acted after the collision. Taunting a clearly concussed player on the ground is poor and I don't blame Barny for reacting.
At least the boys were fired up was a bit worried they didn't have some Mongrel in them

I genuinely believe if we had our full strength team on the park for an extended period of time and injuries were kind to us we are definitely too 4 team and would compete for the title.

Our attack has suffered big time as you mentioned above due to not having our starters on and building combinations.

Knights are cursed with injuries, but as supporters we are used to it and still stick by the team no matter what.
Full strength and you still aren’t top 4.

Panthers, Roosters, Souths, Storm and Raiders are better at full strength.

Knights are 6-8th when the troops are back.

We really don’t know how good this team is at full strength. We haven’t seen it yet.

Well we’ll never really know this, because our spine has been messed about by injuries so much. Last year Brailey was gone all season as well, and we’ve seen what an impact he’s had so far in 2021. But definitely on form on the board with last years and this years injuries, those sides are ahead.

Disagree there....if we had the team on the park all together half the amount of time the others have we can easily match it and be top 4.

Yes this true based on last season stats and position/result come finals... but those clubs have been very fortunate with serious injuries which you cant deny.
Especially Panthers blessed with that great winning streak.
I was very harsh on my team calling them pretenders on other post from losing to lesser sides (which i feel). Top 4 sides win those games and knights haven't shown that in the past 4-5 years now.
But these injuries are just getting too much now.

Last edited:
1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Edrick Lee
3. Enari Tuala
4. Bradman Best
5. Hymel Hunt
6. Blake Green
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. David Klemmer
9. Jayden Brailey
10. Daniel Saifiti
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Mitch Barnett
13. Connor Watson

14. Kurt Mann
15. Jacob Saifiti
16. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
17. Sauaso Sue

If we saw this team on the park for anymore than 2-3 games it’d be a deadset miracle. Whatever football gods are out there they certainly don’t like us at all. For whatever reason we always lose the players who are most valuable to us eg. Ponga, Pearce, Best. That team is at best 5th-6th.

By standing offside the whole time . Maybe do yourself a favour and read Barry Tooheys article in the herald he points out all the mistakes by the ref . But hey according to people on here he was fine ......
Have read plenty of Barry. Knights have been getting the rub of the green in terms of set restarts plus good teams manage to play through adversity, injuries aside this is something the knights have struggled to do for a while now.

Injuries can easily become an excuse for a side that isn’t quite there yet. Raiders lost Hodgson last year and still marched on to a preliminary final.

Roosters playing a rookie halves pairing last week and without their 2 first choice captains... still got the business done in emphatic style and looking a much better side than the Knights currently.

Storm.... just go and do Storm things unfortunately. They are just a very well drilled club where it’s the very definition of next man up attitude and without Smith who was tossing up whether to go again all off season. Hasn’t fazed them and they have come out of a much much much worse first 4 rounds fixture wise with the same record as you.

Panthers just beat said Storm side without Cleary and Koroisau.

All teams being fully fit then I’m sorry Newcastle don’t come close to these sides in my opinion. They also don’t have the coaching these sides have got. AOB I feel doesn’t have that next step and has the side playing way to robotic and heavily reliant on Ponga magic that for long periods last year was non existent.

Injuries can easily become an excuse for a side that isn’t quite there yet. Raiders lost Hodgson last year and still marched on to a preliminary final.

Roosters playing a rookie halves pairing last week and without their 2 first choice captains... still got the business done in emphatic style and looking a much better side than the Knights currently.

Storm.... just go and do Storm things unfortunately. They are just a very well drilled club where it’s the very definition of next man up attitude and without Smith who was tossing up whether to go again all off season. Hasn’t fazed them and they have come out of a much much much worse first 4 rounds fixture wise with the same record as you.

Panthers just beat said Storm side without Cleary and Koroisau.

All teams being fully fit then I’m sorry Newcastle don’t come close to these sides in my opinion. They also don’t have the coaching these sides have got. AOB I feel doesn’t have that next step and has the side playing way to robotic and heavily reliant on Ponga magic that for long periods last year was non existent.
Agree the forwards should be hunting together in attack and d a lot more.

The potential is there for this team but they have been off the pace this year and injuries are just an excuse minus sundays game of course.

But they are playing boring footy...

Lose to teams they shouldn't even when close to full strength...

Something needs to change soon

Back