ROUND 4: Knights v Sharks @ Hunter Stadium

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Junior11, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Onemangang

Onemangang Marty Crequer

coal miner
    Knights 18
    Sharks 10

2. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Either team by 2 in a dour affair.

3. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Hopefully there's a big crowd there getting behind the team, it really might be needed after the week the team's had and if Boyd & Mullen aren't late inclusions.

4. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

I really hope Boyd is a late inclusion. Not trying to sound negative, but we'll struggle to win a game with Minto at fullback

5. ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck Greg Smith

You know what I don't understand, is why Kade Snowden's minutes are so reduced compared with last season. He was averaging 50-60 mins a game last season, and racked up 200+ meters a few times. These first few rounds, Wayne takes him off at the 20 min mark and he isn't seen again until deep into the 2nd half. Is he just not match fit? He's the best prop in that squad by a mile.

I'm a Warriors supporter btw, but usually try to watch the Knights play. Worst luck of any side to start the season...your 2 most influential players on the sideline and now this McKinnon injury.

6. Deanoknights

Deanoknights Daniel Smailes

He had no pre season after injuring himself in the world cup for Italy. He just needs to get match fit but has looked good while he's out there imo and yes i agree that he's our best FR by far ;)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  7. Beeto

Beeto Peter Malcolm

I agree, Snowy has started well the last two weeks. Give him a couple more weeks and some match fitness and watch him go.

8. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    I thought Snowden's been very good.

9. Beeto

Beeto Peter Malcolm

I thought he'd been great too when his on the field. Just need Wayne to give him some more minutes but that will come once his match fitness is better.

10. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I actually hope there'll be hundreds of signs/banners/chants for Alex on Sunday and the crowd will be big. It'll just be great to see the Newcastle Knights community come together for him and hopefully get a win. I can see the boys being super pumped and either way I think the atmosphere at Hunter Stadium will be insane.

11. Theknightsrule7

Theknightsrule7 Matthew Gidley

Looking for work
    Yeah there should be. Matt Clarke who has been involved within the crusade as some of yous are aware sent a call to arms post the other day regarding banners for Alex McKinnon on the mighty knights page with alot of good feedback. I'd like to get involved myself but only if I can get a mate to help out this time.

Good banners take time and energy to do and it's alot easier when you have someone there with you.

12. Beeto

Beeto Peter Malcolm

If this is true it's a massive boost for the boys. Did he train with the team this morning Alicia?

13. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

14. rhugh89

rhugh89 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

So it looks like this will be our team on Sunday ??

1. Darius Boyd
    2. James McManus
    3. Dane Gagai
    4. BJ Leilua
    5. Akuila Uate
    6. Michael Dobson
    7. Tyrone Roberts
    8. Kade Snowden
    9. Kurt Gidley (c)
    10. Willie Mason
    11. Beau Scott
    12. Robbie Rochow
    13. Jeremy Smith

14. Adam Clydsdale
    15. Korbin Sims
    16. David Fa’alogo
    17. Adam Cuthbertson

Feeling more confident by the minute !!!

:Knights::Knights::Knights::Knights::Knights::Knights:

15. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Same here. Having Darbs back will take so much pressure of Dobson & Roberts. Looking forward to see how Clydesdale goes again.

16. Nickwpearce

Nickwpearce Banned

he had another crappy off season in training but has been great, hardly any errors if there was any i cant remember and lots of yardage. Been Great IMO

- - - Updated - - -

Looks better just mullen missing and tets, i assume tets, sims and cuthbo be fighting for bench spots along with houso and waddell

also i expect mason to come off the bench, worked well from the bench IMO david or tets can be starting props with snowden from now on

17. rhugh89

Knights focus on improvement

By Matt Logue

Thu 27th March, 06:35PM

[​IMG]

Improve discipline and the team will prosper.

That's the blunt message from prop Willie Mason heading into Sunday's crucial clash against Crounlla at Hunter Stadium.

On the back of three consecutive losses to start the season, Mason admits the team has let themselves down with too many penalties.

This was evident against Melbourne last Monday with the side conceding 15 penalties, a facet of their game that must improve to beat the Sharks.

"Zero and three is awful to start the season, but we’ve got to go and kick-start it on Sunday," Mason says.

"They (Cronulla) are in the same situation, so they’ll be coming up here to steal two points.

"We just can’t give away 15 penalties.

"I think we are the most undisciplined side in the comp.

"So we’ve got to fix that and everything else is starting to come together, I can feel it.

"But as a football team we just need to stop giving away penalties, especially against sides like Melbourne.

"So we need to start dealing with our problems on the field and just start winning some games and this will be a happier place."

Skipper Kurt Gidley agrees with Mason, saying the Knights are more than capable of beating the Sharks if they can improve a few basics in their game.

"It’s not the ideal start for either team and certainly us," Gidley says.

"But we’ve just got to move on and there is nothing else for us to do.

"We can’t be walking around kicking stones and we’ve got to work on things that we need to improve on and that needs to come this week.

"The past couple of weeks we’ve shown in different parts of the game that we’ve been a chance to win those games, but our discipline and certainly defensively we’ve let ourselves down.

"We’ve got to move onto this week and improve on the things we need to improve."

Meanwhile, injured fullback Darius Boyd trained strongly on Thursday morning and is edging closer to a return.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2014/03/27/knights_focus_on_improvement_0.html

- - - Updated - - -

Late Mail: Team changes and gossip ahead of round four of the 2014 NRL season

• AMY STEVENSON
    • NEWS LIMITED NETWORK
    • MARCH 27, 2014 5:48PM

Knights v Sharks

For the Knights Korbin Sims replaces Alex McKinnon who has been tragically hospitalised with a broken neck.

Sosaia Feki (knee) is out for the Sharks and will be replaced by Nathan Stapleton.

Andrew Fifita returns.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-2014-nrl-season/story-fni3fs14-1226866687019

18. rhugh89

Big Match-ups: Round 4

By Staff writers
    NRL.com
    9:15pm Thu 27th March, 2014

Knights v Sharks: Michael Dobson v Todd Carney

With Todd Carney back in their side, Cronulla were always going to put forward a better performance - although it wasn’t enough for the side to beat the Dragons last week, he’ll be better for the run and will only have greater confidence in his troublesome hamstring.

Carney will look to thrive up against Knights five-eighth Michael Dobson, his old Raiders sparring buddy from way back.

Not one to be overshadowed, the laid-back Dobson will be looking to continue his solid start to the year.

His passing game has been relatively good – just ask Beau Scott – while his running game will only develop once he’s settled in.

These two are important in the grand scheme of this game.

http://www.nrl.com/big-match-ups-round-4/tabid/10874/newsid/77176/default.aspx

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  19. Hunter93

Hunter93 Todd Bates

Cant wait for this one, Im getting that weird excited feeling in my belly.

Having Boyd back is going to improve our attack by miles.

20. Aidos

Aidos Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Updated Late Mail: Team changes and gossip ahead of round four of the 2014 NRL season

• AMY STEVENSON
    • NEWS LIMITED NETWORK
    • MARCH 28, 2014 3:30PM

[​IMG]
    Darius Boyd is likely to return. Source: News Limited

Knights v Sharks

For the Knights Korbin Sims replaces Alex McKinnon who has been tragically hospitalised with a broken neck.

Sosaia Feki (knee) is out for the Sharks and will be replaced by Nathan Stapleton. Andrew Fifita returns.

UPDATE 3.30pm AEDT:

Darius Boyd (hamstring) is expected to make an early return from injury, with Matt Minto to make way.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-2014-nrl-season/story-fni3fs14-1226866687019

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014