• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers 1 - 12

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Tigers 13 +

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The tigers side was awful.

Even with out unavailable players the difference came down to goal kicking. If we drop the ball 10 times instead of 18 we win.

The whole side was off, dropped balls, poor kick chase, no pressure on their kickers and not much intent in attack.

Despite all that we still nearly won so I guess that's a positive.... interested to see what the team will go like when at full strength.

I guarantee the game would’ve looked so much better for us had our team looked like this:

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Edrick Lee
3. Enari Tuala
4. Bradman Best
5. Hymel Hunt
6. Blake Green
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. David Klemmer
9. Jayden Brailey
10. Daniel Saifiti
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Mitch Barnett
13. Connor Watson

14. Kurt Mann
15. Jacob Saifiti
16. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
17. Sauaso Sue

It's a fact of life that we'll win some games we probably shouldn't win and lose some games we shouldn't lose.
Upsets are part of RL.
The worrying thing is that it's a predictable pattern for us now.
Sides like Melbourne and Roosters clinically dispatch the weaker sides, but we lift for good sides and drop the ball (literally) against weaker sides.

I saw enough of Young to confidently say he will be at least as good as SKD was. A similar skillset to SKD I think - strong runs - big body - etc etc.
SKD was a very handy player for a decade or more.
O'Brien might even show faith in him learning from the first game and give him another shot.

It's a fact of life that we'll win some games we probably shouldn't win and lose some games we shouldn't lose.
Upsets are part of RL.
Sides like Melbourne and Roosters clinically dispatch the weaker sides, but we lift for good sides and drop the ball (literally) against weaker sides.

This is a pattern that needs to be stamped out as it's getting ridiculous, we need to be ruthless like the storm and roosters.

Granted we had half our starting team out but had we been more patient and held the ball I think we win it.

Look, credit to the tigers for not giving us anything for free yesterday and punishing our mistakes. It was a deserved win. You kind of know with the knights pretty early that it is going to be one of those afternoons. Besides the obvious errors, it felt pretty disjointed to me in the fact that there was lots of individual efforts, runs or big tackles, by Klem, DSaf, Friz and Barney especially, but no one would jump on the back of it to really build momentum.

I just wanted to point out one massive plus that I saw, and that was the great short ball from DSaf to Watson in the lead up to Pearce's try. It was a clever ball from an unexpected source and I hope he adds that to his bow permanently because it will make one of the comps best props even better. The run from Watson was what we'd been hoping to get from him, looking forward to more.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Upsets are part of RL.

It’s the story of the knights for years on end, last year the losses to the dogs, titans, cowboys and warriors were embarrassing and were the difference between finishing top 4 and 7th.

It would be nice if the team could be ruthless for once and put average teams to the sword, regardless of if there are a few players out.

Getting points in the bag early on in the season is important, rather than having pressure to win later on to just scrape into the 8.

Yep the same side they have had since the start of the season....not chopping and changing like our squad.

If the knights want to be serious contenders they need to have a ‘next man up’ attitude, whoever is in the squad is there to do a job when they’re called upon. Injuries are part of the ups and downs of the season.

If the knights want to be serious contenders they need to have a ‘next man up’ attitude, whoever is in the squad is there to do a job when they’re called upon. Injuries are part of the ups and downs of the season.
It was a next man up mentality for the first two games . 3rd game we were down two more players in the backline and had to blood a rookie who wasn’t meant to play at all this year . At some point the next man up isn’t going to be first grade standard and we hit that point yesterday and nearly won a game that we had no right to be close in . How about some perspective instead of the pessimism

I’m surprised you weren’t all a bit more prepared for that performance ... Pearce’s 300th, big home crowd, side we should easily beat ... all the ingredients were there.

But given all the injuries, I’m happy with 2/3 to start the season. Felt for Shibasaki yesterday, he’s not a winger but has got an absolute barrage of brutal criticism. If I read all that about me I’d be going into rehab somewhere. All the younger players struggled ... Hoy had some bad mistakes ... Young I didn’t think was as bad as people on here seem to think, considering he was on debut. Dunno what he was expected to go out there and do.

Pearce getting caught on the fourth was frustrating, but overall I thought it was one of his better games.

I’m just looking forward to getting back to full strength ... just too many errors yesterday and Wests did play pretty well, they’d obviously had a rocket after last week.

Agree, but not much you can do when the cattle isn't first grade standard as you saw on the weekend.

God im sick of excuses for mediocrity.

Excuses dont win games or premierships.

We had the squad yesterday to beat Wests and beat them convincingly. We played horribly and lost, yet we get more excuses.

Probably not the greatest choice of words my man.
i know just frustrates me when they dish these games up year after year we seem to not show up for big mylestone games every year its the same the tigers were awfull first 2 rounds we seem to play those teams into form if we want to match it with the big teams we need to beat these sides when there out of form and show up for big games

It was a next man up mentality for the first two games . 3rd game we were down two more players in the backline and had to blood a rookie who wasn’t meant to play at all this year . At some point the next man up isn’t going to be first grade standard and we hit that point yesterday and nearly won a game that we had no right to be close in . How about some perspective instead of the pessimism

Regardless of injuries that team should have beaten the tigers, I don’t think anyone was tipping the tigers given their form. The only people willing to tip them would have been knights fans that are used to these let down performances.

Year after year this team fails to get off the bus for milestone games, big home games or games they are expected to win.

God im sick of excuses for mediocrity.

Excuses dont win games or premierships.

We had the squad yesterday to beat Wests and beat them convincingly. We played horribly and lost, yet we get more excuses.

Exactly right. A couple of mistakes by a debutant, one being trying to pull a miracle play at the death, isn’t the reason why the team lost.

If we’re still losing those types of games at the back end of the season with our spine players all there, I’ll be asking questions. But there’s valid reasons we lost yesterday.

Back