Round 2: Newcastle Knights vs Wests Tigers

What is your prediction for this game ??

• Knights 13+

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Knights 1-12

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rhugh89

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
newcastle-knights.png
wests-tigers.png

SUNDAY 22ND MARCH, 2020 @ 2:00PM (AEDT)
LEICHHARDT OVAL, SYDNEY

OFFICIALS

REFEREES: GERARD SUTTON AND GAVIN BADGER
SIDELINE OFFICIALS: RICKEY MCFARLANE AND LIAM KENNEDY
VIDEO REFEREES: BEN GALEA AND JARED MAXWELL

LOWER GRADES

JERSEY FLEGG CUP: COMPETITION POSTPONED

NSW CUP: COMPETITION POSTPONED

KNIGHTS TEAM

1. KALYN PONGA
2. EDRICK LEE
3. ENARI TUALA
4. GEHAMAT SHIBASAKI
5. HYMEL HUNT
6. KURT MANN
7. MITCHELL PEARCE (C)
8. DAVID KLEMMER
9. JAYDEN BRAILEY
10. DANIEL SAIFITI
11. LACHLAN FITZGIBBON
12. MITCHELL BARNETT
13. HERMAN ESE'ESE

14. CONNOR WATSON
15. JACOB SAIFITI
16. TIM GLASBY
17. AIDAN GUERRA

18. PASAMI SAULO
19. STARFORD TO'A
20. MASON LINO
21. SIONE MATA'UTIA

INFO

MATCH CENTRE
STATS

UPCOMING MILESTONES

Game against the Warriors at home in round 1, horrible conditions hampered both teams, easy pickings.

This one should give us a better understanding of where we are at.

I noticed Toa warmed up with the side, so must have been 18th man.
i suspect he'd have been picked next week if any of the 3/4 line had failed, but they all earned another week at least.
Saulo was 19th man, so if any of the middle forwards drop out, Saulo is the next to get a run.

I hate losing against the Tigers so I hope we smash them. That round 23 game last year was horrendous to watch. Let’s turn it around this time.

Tigers have been a bit of a bogey team for us recently, if we play like we did against the warriors though I don't see how we lose this.

I don't think the coach will stick with the team just because they won.
He might stick with the side because they are the form players right now, but my feeling is that he took a very critical eye to the team and has a lot of things he wants to improve on, and if that means making changes, he will do that.
He has said the team will change over the season and that the whole squad is in the mix, not just 17.

I watched a review of the game yesterday and I think it was Fittler who said the Warriors were dreadful and the Knights were using it as a practice game for when they play someone better. Thinking about that, I think we deliberately under used our best forwards and gave the bench longer minutes, which is a power move by Obi.

Reactions: Rob
I don't think the coach will stick with the team just because they won.
He might stick with the side because they are the form players right now, but my feeling is that he took a very critical eye to the team and has a lot of things he wants to improve on, and if that means making changes, he will do that.
He has said the team will change over the season and that the whole squad is in the mix, not just 17.

I watched a review of the game yesterday and I think it was Fittler who said the Warriors were dreadful and the Knights were using it as a practice game for when they play someone better. Thinking about that, I think we deliberately under used our best forwards and gave the bench longer minutes, which is a power move by Obi.
I agree we were in control and the bench forwards may have got more time as a result. That is smart by Obi, and I thought those guys as middles went enormous anyway. I do get annoyed that every time we win it is because the opposition were poor, nothing to do with how we have or haven't let them play. I think I'll be annoyed a lot by this in 2020!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Be interesting if our forwards keep on performing is Sione an auto selection as he has been years past? - From memory he hasn't ever been dropped to NSW cup?

Back