Votes: 4 25.0%
  • DRAW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ROOSTERS 1 - 12

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • ROOSTERS 13+

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
@ 2 years under Obi same results. After all the years of pain with Browny recruiting then been told he not the man to coach them for finals...well its no different with Obi. The whole point was get rid of Brown and get a coach that lead the players into at least finals contention or be there abouts.
I think if Wests are a serious business they all ready made their minds who getting the cut for next season.
We made the finals last year and are still in contention this year.

I’m annoyed at the results so far (and as @mozza says we’re still in contention), but changing the coach in year 2 is not the answer. It’s hugely disruptive to the playing group and there aren’t any clearly superior options available for next season. It’s a knee-jerk reaction. We’ll see what the outcome of the annual review is, but I think Obi needs some better assistant coaches around him and Siebold isn’t one of them.

Look at Brad Arthur, it's taken him a while after Melbourne to become a good consistent head coach.

Hopefully Obi can do the same. Not holding my breath though.

Unless there's a proven gun head coach willing to come here what are the other options?
Hire another rookie and sack him after a few years?

Look at Brad Arthur, it's taken him a while after Melbourne to become a good consistent head coach.

Ricky Stuart was the same. Raiders are hot and cold now but a couple years ago he had them firing, after many years of bad results following Roosters winning it all in 2002. I don’t know who should be around Obi though and who other than Siebold seem obvious assistants to move on.

Screenshot_20210724-113855_Facebook.jpg

Josh King has actually turned into a enforcer of late. Much better then the pillow he has been since entering FG.
He's always had a good shot in him but has failed to do it consistently until the last season or two. His running game has improved a lot which really makes a difference though. After 73 NRL games you'd hope he'd be showing improvements, always shocks me to read his amount of games played, flies under the radar.

Unless there's a proven gun head coach willing to come here what are the other options?
Hire another rookie and sack him after a few years?
It comes in ebbs & flows. Outside of Bellamy who has some sort of magic source, there's so much that seemingly goes into a team's success. Head coach, playing group, assistant coaches, luck, injuries, off field drama, politics, circumstantial stuff. You see coaches all the time have success at one club, but fail at another, or some coaches like Arthur & Ricky Stuart spend a long time either failing or succeeding, then the playing group gets to a point where the fortunes change the opposite way. It's not always a simple blame on the coach.

But in our case with Obi, we just don't look like we're adapting to the new game which is a coaching problem. We've been screwed with key injuries for sure, but we just play too damn conservative. Attacking football is back in, stop trying to play the grinding crapball of the last decade & get with the times.

I love how people say Stuart has lost the playing group at the Raiders, it always happens after a few seasons with him.

a) He's been there eight years
b) They've had a million injuries
c) They're still going miles better than us

Said it before and I'll say it again, we are just a dumb team, no resilience, no pride and cannot change a game plan through a game.

Just boring 1 out and then bomb on last...

Why Ponga is being coached not to return the ball is beyond me. Don’t tell me he’s not coached to do that. He carries it back in origin.

Given he’s our marquee playmaker and we almost certainly can’t win without him, I have no problem in him handing it off to one of the bigger wingers either side of him for a hit up.

No problem here either with him handing it to the wingers to do the hit ups, unfortunately one of them has butter fingers.

Does Teddy hand the ball off when he fields a kick? Honestly I don't believe so, he is the Roosters marquee player.

Ponga is elusive and dangerous runner of the ball, but not used effectively.

I honestly don't know what they train. We endlessly do 1 out hitups. Seibold is supposed to be handling defence, and OB focussed on attack yet I fail to see much has changed to our attack at all.

Ball movement looks like those little league kids where both the passer and receiver are flat footed.

Bench, we have already lost the game, 20 minutes left lets get Jones out there.

I truly don't know what OB brings to the table that Brown wasnt already doing. We are the Dame team still doing the same things.

Given he’s our marquee playmaker and we almost certainly can’t win without him, I have no problem in him handing it off to one of the bigger wingers either side of him for a hit up.

As mentioned. If it’s good enough for Teddy, Paps, Gutho, Edwards to carry the ball out then I’m sure Ponga can. He’s ability to beat a man is right up there with the best of wrong footing the defender. Yet he doesn’t do it. He’s the marquee, should be touching the ball at least once a set.

Does Teddy hand the ball off when he fields a kick? Honestly I don't believe so, he is the Roosters marquee player.

Ponga is elusive and dangerous runner of the ball, but not used effectively.

I honestly don't know what they train. We endlessly do 1 out hitups. Seibold is supposed to be handling defence, and OB focussed on attack yet I fail to see much has changed to our attack at all.

Ball movement looks like those little league kids where both the passer and receiver are flat footed.

Bench, we have already lost the game, 20 minutes left lets get Jones out there.

I truly don't know what OB brings to the table that Brown wasnt already doing. We are the Dame team still doing the same things.

Let's get rid of OB as it seems like he doesn't know how to coach to the new rules....

Who would replace him?

I hear Bennett is available......relax everyone, that was a joke

I don't care what it takes but we need to get Andrew johns back into the picture to help run plays and give the halves some confidence. We are so flat and still play out the back balls. You just can't do that flat, it was one of the first things I learnt in under 12s. We seem to run 1 attacker at 1 defender then pass the ball one left or right which does sweet fa to the defence. The whole part of attack is to hide and create space not show them.

When Melbourne march upfield they attack the ruck so fast it compresses which creates holes wide. I watched them play against cows so simple yet fast and effective. Then they spread the ball 2 wide to a backrower or prop who has an offload to olam, fox etc who are just rediculously good in backfield. All while the middle are steaming through for inside passes. Such a well oiled simple machine.

All Knights needed to do is have the back rowers running lines at their halves and make shift edges (it didn't happen at all).
Look at the way the Chooks had Critchton running one on one with Crossland.

Back