Round 17: Newcastle Knights vs Wests Tigers

What is your prediction for this game ??

• Knights 13+

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Knights 1-12

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers 1-12

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rhugh89

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
ScaleWidthWyIxNTAiXQ-NewcastleKnights-30Years-Pos-Vector-GradientColour.png
55014.png

SUNDAY 2ND JULY, 2017 @ 2:00PM
MCDONALD JONES STADIUM, NEWCASTLE

GAME DAY INFO
TICKET PURCHASE

LOWER GRADES

HOLDEN CUP: KNIGHTS VS TIGERS
SUNDAY 2ND JULY, 2017 @ 11:45AM
MCDONALD JONES STADIUM, NEWCASTLE

NSW CUP: KNIGHTS VS TIGERS
SATURDAY 1ST JULY, 2017 @ 4:30PM
CESSNOCK SPORTS GROUND, CESSNOCK

KNIGHTS TEAM

1. NATHAN ROSS
2. KEN SIO
15. JOE WARDLE

4. PETER MATA'UTIA
3. DANE GAGAI
20. TRENT HODKINSON
7. JAELEN FEENEY
8. DANIEL SAIFITI
9. DANNY LEVI
10. JOSH KING
11. SIONE MATA'UTIA (C)
12. LACHLAN FITZGIBBON
13. MITCH BARNETT

14. JAMIE BUHRER
17. JACOB SAIFITI
19. SAM STONE
21. JOSH STARLING

STATS

PLAYERS
TEAMS
HEAD TO HEAD (CLUBS)
HEAD TO HEAD (PLAYERS)
HISTORY

UPCOMING MILESTONES

- PAULI PAULI REQUIRES 2 MORE GAMES TO REACH 50 CAREER GAMES
- TYLER RANDELL REQUIRES 6 MORE GAMES TO REACH 50 CAREER GAMES
- TRENT HODKINSON REQUIRES 4 MORE GAMES TO REACH 150 CAREER GAMES

Knights

1. Nathan Ross
2. Ken Sio
3. Dane Gagai
4. Peter Mata’utia
5. Brendan Elliot
6. Brock Lamb
7. Jaelen Feeney
8. Daniel Saifiti
9. Danny Levi
10. Josh King
11. Sione Mata’utia (c)
12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
13. Mitchell Barnett

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Joe Wardle
16. Tyler Randell
17. Jacob Saifiti

18. Sam Mataora
19. Sam Stone
20. Trent Hodkinson
21. Josh Starling

Wests Tigers

1. James Tedesco
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Esan Marsters
4. Moses Suli
5. Kevin Naiqama
6. Tuimoala Lolohea
7. Luke Brooks
8. Aaron Woods (c)
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Ava Seumanafagai
11. Sauaso Sue
12. Kyle Lovett
13. Elijah Taylor

14. Matt Eisenhuth
15. JJ Felise
16. Michael Chee Kam
17. Matt McIlwrick

18. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak
19. Jack Littlejohn
20. Joel Edwards
21. Alex Twal

http://www.nrl.com/news/weeklyfeatures/teamlists/tabid/11656/default.aspx

I can't see them going with Buhrer and Randell on the bench. If Buhrer is fit, Randell should make way for a prop - either one will do.
If Buhrer isn't fit, he should make way for a prop - either one will do.

I can see Hodkinson and Starling coming into the he side on game day for Randell and Feeney, no way that bench is the one we take into the game it is far too small.

2nd half is definitely a massive concern for us, seen something interesting today that if we only include the first half then we would be fourth on the ladder! Hopefully Brown starts teaching them to play for the 80! Something we havent been able to do since i can remember!

The penalty goal didn't really effect last game because it was like a minute out from half-time, there was gonna be no momentum lost whether we took it or not. What did happen was we came out in the second half & started playing to defend the score, Feeney admitted that in his press conference.

I saw the kick at goal as a sign they weren't playing anymore football. They were well on top & should have been more than confident of getting a try, but they took the easy option & that was the last we saw of them playing football

I saw the kick at goal as a sign they weren't playing anymore football. They were well on top & should have been more than confident of getting a try, but they took the easy option & that was the last we saw of them playing football

That is all true, although because of half-time, it wasn't the classic situation of us going well, getting a penalty & taking the goal, losing all momentum immediately as we run a weak set back from kickoff & hand over the ball. It's very often how we lose possession in the middle of a game because we don't decide to go for the try or repeat set. The only way we can win is to have heavy possession, we just can't handle it when the other team has the ball.

I can see Hodkinson and Starling coming into the he side on game day for Randell and Feeney, no way that bench is the one we take into the game it is far too small.

Brown loves his midget men on the bench, and really what choice do we have? Paea, Mataoara and I cant even think of a 3rd option all stink up the joint.

Would prefer gagai to wing, wardle to centre sio out, Randell out, starling and mataora to bench.
Sio, Randell, Hodko, Stone to res.

Happy to see Buhrer back, hopefully he can come back into the side and tighten up the edge defence, really pivotal game this is if we want to avoid the spoon.

Quinny the NRL direct a 21 man squad be named, and the final 17 come from there. But I don't think either will be there on play day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back