ROUND 14: Knights v Roosters @ Allianz Stadium

Round 14 Match Day Information

Thu 12th June, 10:35AM

WATCH THE KNIGHTS THIS WEEKEND

The Sydney Roosters has made Newcastle Knights Members a special offer for Saturday night's game at Allianz Stadium.

Knights' Members will be able to purchase a ticket at a special rate for the match by clicking HERE.

The Knights Members offer is valid until midnight on Friday June 13. The offer can be purchased by entering the password
KNIGHTSR14 in the box that appears on the ticketing page.

ROUND 14 GAME DAY INFORMATION

Match: Sydney Roosters V Newcastle Knights
Venue: Allianz Stadium
Gates open: 5pm
NYC kick-off: 5.15pm
NRL kick-off: 7.30pm

MEMBERSHIP PACK UPDATE

Membership packs for all Members who renewed or joined before midnight on Thursday May 29, should now have arrived via post, or collected by the Member.

Members who have signed up between May 30 and before midnight, Thursday June 14 will receive their Membership packs before the North Queensland Cowboys game on June 23 via post.

Those who join after Thursday June 14 will need to collect a temporary ticket for access to the game against the North Queensland Cowboys on Monday June 23.

Temporary tickets will need to be collected from the Membership Box Office. Member card and packs will then be mailed out and will arrive before the Round 19 home game against the Titans on Sunday July 20.

NEXT WEEK

The Newcastle Knights return home in Round 15 to host the North Queensland Cowboys at Hunter Stadium on Monday June 23.

CLICK HERE
to secure your ticket.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2014/06/12/round_14_match_day_information.html

NRL round 14 Late Mail

• TOM SANGSTER
  • NEWS CORP AUSTRALIA NETWORK
  • JUNE 12, 2014 5:16PM

Saturday, Jun 14, Roosters v Knights, Allianz Stadium, FOX, 7:30pm

The Roosters will confirm a final 17 after Friday morning’s captain’s run, but report no injury concerns. Willis Meehan or Daniel Mortimer will drop off the bench.

The Knights have their final session on Friday and are expected to be 1-17.

ake Mamo (back) was close to a return last week and has been cleared for this round, taking the fullback spot of Darius Boyd (Queensland).

The Knights are yet to put a timeframe on the return of Joey Leulia (throat, indefinite).

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...titans-in-crisis/story-fni3fs14-1226952194333

Meehan lost a boxing match to qualify for the Commonweath games I'm pretty sure.

The kid is a gun and already bigger than JWH and SBW.

We have never badly struggled against top teams this year though (besides those two losses to Penrith) which has given me some slight confidence.

12-16 vs Bulldogs

14-15 vs Manly

Both were away games too so heres hoping :)

I'm hoping its a close one too - going for under 31.5 in 80 mins.

Hate to disagree bwendo. With their forwards running amok think well may be that many points in the first half!

Knights reshuffle for Roosters

Matt Logue

Fri 13th June, 12:58PM

Newcastle forward Chris Houston has backed Kurt Gidley to excel playing at fullback against the Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium on Saturday night.

There will be a reshuffle at the back after Josh Mantellato, who was named on the wing, has been unable to train due to a knee injury.

"We’ve had a fairly disrupted season with injuries I suppose," Houston said after the Knights' final training session on Friday.

"But I know Gids is pretty pumped to be back there at fullback and he’ll play with a lot of energy like he always does.

"It’s going to be good... and I’m happy for him to be back there having a game and pushing around the ball.”

The Knights may be struggling for form this season, but Houston remains confident his side can push the Roosters to the limit.

Asked if revenge for last year's Preliminary Final loss to the Tri-Colours could be used as extra motivation, the hard-working forward
admitted the 40-14 defeat hasn't even been discussed.

"We are not playing the footy that we were in the semis, so we probably haven’t drawn back on that too much," he says.

"We know the Roosters are a good side and they are in-form and we are out of form.

"They’ve got international players throughout their whole pack and little Jake Friend there in the middle and he directs all their play.

"So they are going to be hard to stop, but we are confident in the side we’ve got to go down there and give them a good challenge.

"We know if we work hard and execute the game plan Wayne has given us, then we might be a chance."

The team trained on Friday morning before traveling to Sydney.

The final make-up of the team will be announced one hour prior to kick-off on Saturday.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2014/06/13/knights_reshuffle_for_roosters.html

Be interesting to see how Gidley goes back at fullback.

Bennett really destroyed his career with that Boyd signing, didn't he.

Was reading through that quickly and thought I read Chris Houston to excel playing at fullback...almost had a heart attack

God I hope Gids has a blinder at fullback.
He probably won't because he seems to need a few games to get confidence under the high ball, but it will be sweet if he makes Boyd look like a pretender.

Roosters will pile on 50, especially with Gids at the back.

We all saw how crap he played when he filled in at fullback, what worries me the most is he has lost a heap of speed and has become increasingly clumsy.

Not to mention his brain snaps....Very worried, hope he proves me wrong.

But but but....I was looking forward to seeing Mamo at FB :(

Will be interesting to see how Gids goes given he hasnt played in this position for a few years. Might actually end up being a good thing for us with Clydesdale starting at hooker!

Waddell in and mamo to wing gids to fullback

This is a good thing josh has no confidence at the moment, and its pretty much the team i picked early in the week

Gidley will try wherever he plays but that won't change the fact that he is nowhere near the same physically speaking as he was a couple of years ago. His best days are behind him and whilst I don't question his commitment I do question the value he is to the team for what he's being payed. England is beckoning.

If gids has a cracker, is there the possibility of Boyd to 5/8 and Tyrone to the
Bench?

Boyd is our smartest play maker, he makes good decisions and hits the right runner.

If gids has a cracker, is there the possibility of Boyd to 5/8 and Tyrone to the
Bench?

Boyd is our smartest play maker, he makes good decisions and hits the right runner.

I reckon this should have been given a try before.

Back