Round 13: Newcastle Knights vs South Sydney Rabbitohs

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, May 25, 2019.

?

What is your prediction for this game ??

Poll closed Jun 7, 2019.
  1. Knights 13+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Knights 1-12

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Rabbitohs 1-12

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Rabbitohs 13+

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    What are your thoughts on Watson as #9 now Kurriboy? Still in love with Danny?

2. knightime

knightime Graeme Foster

Top game last night. Plenty of desire and aggression. If we'd played the Bunnies 6-7 weeks ago it might have been a very different scoreline.

Also, side note but the Raiders were very slick last night. They'll be tough to beat playing like they did.

3. Rob

Rob Adrian Brunker

No doubting what Klem brings but the aggression in D for the past 6 wks has mainly been led by Saf, Barnett, Sione and at times Ramien. To
    Dunno about KB, but yeah I'd prefer Levi. Watsons a damn good player. I'd take both over Brailey though

4. knightime

knightime Graeme Foster

At his best, I'd take Levi. Not sure why some are so competitive about which one is better. I'm more happy with the fact that it seems Watson has found his best position and if Levi stays on, we'll have two very good hookers in the team

5. krustykraz

krustykraz Luke Quigley

Melbourne will be a very hard task without Klem. Even harder if Dan is out.
    But the boys are playing with some great confidence atm, so I'm still quietly confident.
    I think we will need Jacob for this one.

Lefty and 88Knight4life like this.
  6. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Sean Rudder

Yep. Danny still a much better 9. Watson a good stop gap though.

I love how Watson can take steps away from the ruck before passing exactly like Levi, run right to the line before passing exactly like Levi, yet no one says a peep, danny does that and gets hanged.

7. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

8. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Also took a quick tap when Pearce wanted to take 2. He did score in the set of 6 though so that's fine. It's great if the "big or what some see as selfish play" comes off but get hung out to dry and be labelled not a team player if it don't.

9. 88Knight4life

10. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

Come on mate Levi was costing us games with **** choices and crap passing as soon as Brown has a word and says don't do that or you can leave ,just run the ball Levi all of a sudden leads the team forward and we haven't lost a game since ..Don't make out it was just fans talking **** because **** is when your team mates have a go at you for **** play ...

Lefty likes this.
  11. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

Danny has been going great but we lose nothing with Watson at 9.

12. krustykraz

krustykraz Luke Quigley

Is the NSW Cup game televised?
    Or is there anywhere to stream it?

13. Ak-47

Ak-47 Rod Whitaker

Who got MOTM, I think Saifiti deserved it took on all Burgess brothers. Daniel really developing nicely the past few years but that game I think we saw his best in his career keeps playing like that more rep jerseys for him.
    Even Pearce said in an interview it wont be long to be in more rep sides.

14. 88Knight4life

Dan was outstanding.
    We wouldnt of won that game without him.

Battler likes this.
  15. kurtsux

kurtsux Steve Fulmer

Fun fact.
    The losing streak against the Bunnies started in 2012, when we were coached by Bennett. The losing streak ends in 2019 when the Bunnies are coached by Bennett.

Lefty, Battler, Ak-47 and 2 others like this.
  16. 88Knight4life

Unfortunately no.

17. 88Knight4life

It got a bit scrappy in the final 20 minutes which i put down to the way Souths tried to turn the game into a grudge match rather then a footy game.
    Otherwise imo we had them covered all over the park and won pretty comfortable in all areas.
    The refs tried hard though to keep it as even as possible, but it failed and i hope they get dropped for blatant incompetence of being unbiased officials.

Tasgirl, Lefty and Battler like this.
  18. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Sean Rudder

Come on mate it's a bit rough to pin the entire team running chit on Levi, then when the entire team turns it around try to again pin it on Levi being told to behave or leave. What a crock.

Not sure where team mates had a go at Levi for his apparently chit play, please post up some quotes! Likewise Levi being told to play a certain way or he is leaving?

Ponga said after the Titans game they got together and had an honesty session, they must have just put Levi in the middle and threw chit at him for the entire meeting eh?

Blokes on this forum get a bug up their ar$e about a player and from then on it's a feeding frenzy.

The main blow up about Levi came after the Titans game. He got hung for apparently horrible passing, that lead to tries, thing is it was the new hero Watson that passed one of those to ground for a try, and it was the new Hero Watson who received the other pass from Levi and when it was dropped, put his hands up and stopped play, didn't bother to do the fundamental thing and chase down the dropped ball to shut down the play! Levi got caned for taking steps from dummy half which apparently put pressure on forwards who dropped the ball. Yet this style of hooker play has been around for a very long time and has put many a player through a gap. Following this when apparently Levi had been told to play better or leave, he was still taking those same steps from dummy half, but he was running more thats for sure.

Watch last nights game again and pay attention to Watson, same thing, runs from dummy half before passing often, runs right to the D line and then passes a few times I recall.

This forum's BS is hilarious sometimes. When we are losing it's pin the blame on the patsy time.

In short, Levi and the whole team were playing chit for those 6 weeks. A bit rich to pin all of that on Levi.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Beaumont likes this.
  19. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Watson did a fair job of imitating Levi and Mann did a fair job of imitating Ponga.
    It is a bit amusing that people who don't like the way Levi plays, suddenly love it when Watson replicates all his "selfish" moves.
    Mann wasn't quite as good at replicating Ponga, but good enough that we didn't have to change very much at all.

Beaumont and Kurriboy like this.
  20. EASBay17

EASBay17 David Fairleigh

http://steelesports.com.au/

not a stream but can get an audio broadcast

krustykraz likes this.