Round 10: Newcastle Knights vs St George Illawarra Dragons

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, May 12, 2019.

?

What is your prediction for this game ??

Poll closed May 19, 2019.
  1. Knights 13+

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Knights 1-12

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Dragons 1-12

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  5. Dragons 13+

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. Captain Planet

Captain Planet Russell Wyer

Garbage Man
    JWH is Grubby...he hits the ball up, running with his forearm up ....how many players has he sidelined?

2. R_A

R_A Sean Rudder

Don’t forget how he legally elbowed Buderus in the 2013 Preliminary in the head taking him out of the game. Legally.

Captain Planet and Lefty like this.
  3. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

Ponga ..The kid is Brilliant , Thx Browny you paid more than most liked, now you could double it and we'd still be happy.
    Lee … What a great buy he has been .
    Hunt... Anyone that wants his spot will have to be playing damn good footy because Hunt has impressed me big time .
    Ramien.. Seems to play well above his weight very strong and fast he should maybe get an extension now .
    SKD... Playing good footy and should get another year if not two .
    Watson /Mann ...Although I like Watson at 6 Mann was very impressive there yesterday and i'd be inclined to give him another go .
    Pearce...The best General we've had since Johns , loving how he is playing .
    Klemmer … What a buy Thx again Browny .
    Levi … Made me eat my words and I savoured every one of them , he's going great guns .
    Daniel S … Ive said it all along he plays better when he starts , playing consistently like a good first grader .
    Fitzy … Im so very glad he re-signed he plays well every week.
    Barnett... He has stepped up to take Guerra's spot , good to see .
    Glasby ... He may not be the big meter eater like Klem but he does everything right and im glad we got him .

Mann / Watson.. They are both pretty good 14's but as I said Mann played well .
    Gavet … He looked like he was having fun out there yesterday and we lost very little when he came on .
    Ese,ese … Same as Gavet he did a great job when he came on and we lost nothing , Playing well .
    Sione … Playing well and looking comfortable in the back row , What he lacks in size he is making up for with strength and speed .
    Playing like a team makes such a difference , im absolutely loving watching a team that looks to be having fun .
    We still have Griffin , Jacob , Moga and Guerra to come back yet although Guerra's a long shot I would think .
    Even King is playing better footy ..

4. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

That’s the type of win we’ve waited years to see. Our boys were still looking for points in the last set after already being up 45-12. The defensive display after all those penalties in the second half was enormous but we got on with it and kept the foot on the throat. Friday night’s game against the heavy weight Roosters will be a major test for us but for once I’m confident we can match it with the best.

5. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    And Ponga's third try was a try ~ only some knucklehead in the bunker could rule otherwise. Don't worry it will come. For mine we will compete with the rooters.

6. R_A

R_A Sean Rudder

My theory on that is the video ref could not believe that Ponga so could easily sidestep around and through a defender in Dufty like that and therefore thought someone was interfered with.

Fourth week in a row he’s carved up a defensive backfield and counting

7. R_A

R_A Sean Rudder

If only Brownie didn’t listen to those clowns in the media who were pushing for Ponga to 5/8 to happen late last year.
    Literally no one was talking or thinking about it until the dumb media bought it up.

8. knightime

knightime Charlie McAlister

In fairness, Ponga has shown he can handle a number of different positions already, including in the forwards during Origin lol. I guess it made sense at the start of the year that he could perform well in any role, and that by filling in at 5/8th, that'd allow Watson to run the ball more in broken field, which suits him more also. It just didn't pan out as expected. If Mann handles 5/8 well enough, then we've got a really good balance in the spine.

Wobbles and R_A like this.
  9. R_A

R_A Sean Rudder

Yeah agreed. I don’t think they will be moving Ponga around any time soon now lol.

And I think the argument was at the time it would get him more ball but as we can all see he gets it at fullback too lol

My point was more that while Brownie put his hand up and admitted it was wrong to do, where are the people in the media hiding behind their twitter accounts etc also putting their hand up admitting they were wrong??

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    knightime likes this.
  10. rhugh89

rhugh89 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

We got 1 player in the NSWRL Team of the week, It's klem's 7th appearance in 10 games

15. David Klemmer

Club: Newcastle Knights; NSW Origin appearances: 12; 2019 TOTW selections: 7

The Knights prop was part of the forward pack that had a field day against St George Illawarra Dragons after running for 151 metres and making 18 tackles.

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2019/05/20/nsw-blues-team-of-the-week-round-10/

11. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Brooks getting picked ahead of Pearce. The f*ck?

ImissVuna, Beaumont, Matty23 and 2 others like this.
  12. Levil Kinevil

Levil Kinevil Slappin the bass mon

baker
    That is wack asf.

13. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    And Tariq?

Struth!

14. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    I didn't get to watch the game until just after half time Sunday. Within minutes of tuning in I seen Barnett concede a penalty and have a bad missed tackle. I watched the whole game last night and although I've never doubted his effort I must say he's coming along nicely. The young blokes that have been hear for a couple of spoons are all looking like genuine NRL players.

Battler, Wobbles and Lefty like this.
  15. rhugh89

rhugh89 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

16. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Not something I notice watching the game but the stats always have Barnett with the fastest play the ball in our forwards. Usually by a significant margin. Don't understand why that would be, but he's going good.

Battler and Beaumont like this.
  17. Battler

Battler Dairi Kovae

I've always openly been a fan (and a defender) of Barnett on this forum. Yes, he has an error or a penalty in him but he's all heart and all for the team. Has a bit of footy in him too.

He's probably better suited to the middle but he's doing a good job filling Aidan's spot on the edge atm.

Beaumont likes this.
  18. Tubby

Tubby Trent Hodkinson

One of our most improved this year. He's the type of player that drives me mad but you've gotta take the bad with the good he produces

Wobbles and Beaumont like this.