Round 10: Newcastle Knights vs St George Illawarra Dragons

What is your prediction for this game ??

• Knights 13+

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Knights 1-12

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragons 1-12

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Dragons 13+

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wooo Hooo The Knights to beat the Roosters 26 to 10, then we will kick the bye's backside and then the boys will be rested up to then pull the bunnies pants down and smack there arse ...

Funny.

You forgot to add your own "Levi is crap".

Just finished watching replay as unable to watch live. Wow, felt for Watson being benched but that would have been due to not being fully fit, he certainly wouldn't have been dropped on form, however I don't think you can send Mann back to the utility spot after that effort - can people maybe think we have two good options there instead of whinging?

Great effort by the boys.

Re the Brown bagging, was well deserved we didn't look like we gave two hoots, now the boys are fired up so kudo's to the club as a whole!

Wooo Hooo The Knights to beat the Roosters 26 to 10, then we will kick the bye's backside and then the boys will be rested up to then pull the bunnies pants down and smack there arse ...
Is that a sure thing? I'd like to get on that

I think Mann while not brilliant can actually be a playmaker. Watson is not a playmaker in any sense, he's a runner and a great one at that. Mann should definitely start, he doesn't need to do much organisation but the right hand side saw much more ball this week with him out there.

What I liked seeing from Mann was his short kicking to the in goals. That alone is something we have been lacking from a 5/8.

Is that a sure thing? I'd like to get on that

My worry is the Roosters flat game this week, they don't often lose two in a row. It's also very hard to win five in a row in this comp & our four in row weren't exactly against the competition's heavyweights.

Looking forward to it but I think the short turn around could be a killer like it was for the Roosters this week.

My worry is the Roosters flat game this week, they don't often lose two in a row. It's also very hard to win five in a row in this comp & our four in row weren't exactly against the competition's heavyweights.

Looking forward to it but I think the short turn around could be a killer like it was for the Roosters this week.

Either way I'm going to be there soaking up the awesome atmosphere and watching the boys playing the Roosters with some hope of actually winning.

Can't wait.

I think Mann while not brilliant can actually be a playmaker. Watson is not a playmaker in any sense, he's a runner and a great one at that. Mann should definitely start, he doesn't need to do much organisation but the right hand side saw much more ball this week with him out there.

With Ponga, Pearce and Levi doing his job we don't need another playmaker and a runner is great for our team.

Fun Facts

- Today's win was our biggest against the Dragons since Round 5, 2006 and funnily enough Nathan Brown was coaching the Dragons at the time
- Todays win was our biggest win since Round 26, 2013 when we beat the Eels 54-6
- Today was the first time the Knights had scored 40+ points since Round 26, 2014 which funnily enough was also against the Dragons
- Today's halftime score was the Knights biggest halftime lead away from Newcastle since 2003 (28-0)
- Kalyn Ponga equalled Michael De Vere & Tasesa Lavea for the most points scored in a match against St George Illawarra with his 24 points
- Kalyn Ponga became only the second Knights player to score 24 points or more in a game, The other guy was some bloke named Johns who did it 5 times

Broncos were pretty good. That young forward pack were huge.
Saf to iron out JWH at kickoff

I grimaced when the Roosters got rolled this week, it made our job harder for next week. The short turn around won't help either. What the Knights can do, though, is treat this like a finals match and really wind up for it. The worry with doing that is usually the emotional let down the week after, but with the bye, that can be managed too. Friday should be a classic.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Back