Round 1: Newcastle Knights vs Cronulla Sharks

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Dec 19, 2018.

?

What is your prediction for this game ??

Poll closed Mar 14, 2019.
  1. Knights 1-12

19 vote(s)
    54.3%
  2. Knights 13+

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sharks 13+

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. Sharks 1-12

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

One could say, can pick a crowd hahahaha

2. Lefty

Lefty Mick Jenkins

What an excellent way to start the year and to shut Gallen up. I wonder if he still thinks Pearce made a mistake by signing with the Knights. The Sharks have a long trip home.

Battler, R_A, member 2299 and 2 others like this.
  3. 88Knight4life

Lucky they can catch the " G- Train " hahahahahahahaha gasp hahahahaahaha

4. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Great, well deserved win. Our middle forwards were brilliant. Gavet, Klemmer, Glasby, Barnett and Guerra were all excellent.

The fact that Pearce and particularly Ponga are quiet bodes well too.

Battler likes this.
  5. listo

listo Aaron Grainger

I don’t like signing in here anymore, but I can’t keep my excitement within the family any longer. What a game, even my girls were on the edge of their seats!
    No chance I’ll roll out of bed tonight, I’m that chubbed up. I can’t remember defence like that, or meters forward... too much positive to list!
    Anyway, cheers to a good year, see youse at old boys day

6. Joey1245

Joey1245 Tim Maddison

Sione and Barney were great

Beaumont likes this.
  7. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

There is plenty of improvement in the team too I think.
    The excellent defence of Cronulla kept Ponga in his box.
    Ramien looked really good, but we haven't learnt to use him properly yet.
    Fitz was also kept quiet by quality defence.
    Watson has some stuff to work on - mostly when he should get himself involved.
    SKD was a bit quiet.
    Mann was better than I thought he'd be but he is way below where he needs to be if Hooker is to be his position.

All stuff we should improve on over the coming weeks.

8. 88Knight4life

To good for us aye listo?
    In all seriousness, where else can you shake your head and then agree with somerhing in 1 minute?

9. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Adam Woolnough

Forwards were outstanding, still a ways to go with attack though we were playing a very good side.

To stand up to, and come out on top of a pack like the sharks should really send a message. The knights are a team you dont want to play again.

Klemmer MOM for mine. Beast.

Ramien a bit questionable in D, several times he left the line and rushed out much like Sione used to at centre. Cronulla bombed about 3 tries down our right side.

Glad the footy is back, how good was that. A real arm wrestle of a game and we came out on top.

10. danknights

danknights Timana Tahu

The atmosphere was amazing tonight. Crowd really got behind the boys. I was really impressed with our forwards. We need to learn danger zone plays as we have huge hiccups. It'll all come in time. I've lost my voice from screaming and I'm pumped. I've got nothing but praise for 1-17. Missing a prop on bench though. Hope dan is ok as well.

Beaumont likes this.
  11. Kim1ill

Kim1ill David Thorne

I read the beautiful story about Sione and your sister a few weeks ago Beaumont and I'm a massive fan of his also.
    Im always naively hopeful- but imagine what he can do at 22 in 1 position with a decent team around him for a year, as opposed to the last 4 yrs of his career....
    Tonight -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mozza, Lefty and Beaumont like this.
  12. Kim1ill

Kim1ill David Thorne

Sorry I've lost all understanding of how to use this site.....

13. Lefty

Lefty Mick Jenkins

Gal did not have the guts to go to the Sharks press conference. Seems like he does not want to admit he was wrong about the Knights!

14. knightime

knightime Tea Ropati

Coaches only at press conferences this year apparently.

15. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

yewww Just got home from Newy (Live in Sydney). What a great game!! Well worth all the traveling!!

16. Ethan

Ethan Timana Tahu

Just finished watching the game Woo Hoo a great grinding win against a team known for grinding out wins . I thought that was a great win and a great game from all 17 players .
    Klemmer , Gavet and Glasby started us off well and our reserves held up there end especially in defence which was great .
    Pearce , Watson , Levi , Ramien , Skd and Lee all showed Ponga is not the only weapon they have to worry about and we will only get better over time .
    Having a good defensive coach seems to have made a huge difference Good on Browny he has taken a basket case and in 3 yrs brought in the right players and staff to create what we saw tonight .
    They did a lot better in this game than I thought they might but I did think that Brown told them not to go all out against the sharks in the trial (A don't show them everything type thing ) and only because we were playing them tonight rd 1 a week later.
    Ese,ese in for Daniel if he is injured is the only change I would make , there defence and composure really impressed me ...Great game , great to watch , a great win ...I Loved Every Minute of It ...

17. cowboyman

cowboyman Steve Simpson

Hospitality
    From the half hour I saw either side of the break it was a good grinding win however it was against a side I don’t believe stand a chance of playing finals footy this season and their game today gives me no indication of changing my view.

None the less you need to beat them and early season wins are all that matter no matter how they come by.

Good confident boost for the side and hopefully they can click in the near future especially the spine.

18. rhugh89

rhugh89 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

Rusty performance but that's expected in the early rounds, Very happy we got a win

Great work to all those who attended as well, Just under 22k is fantastic !!

19. Hughburt6

Hughburt6 Darren Meredith

I think after all his critics it needs to be said that sione played a huge role in us having key field position to start the game
    He was driving them back 5 metres every tackle in the early sets

20. Ak-47

Ak-47 Tony Kemp

My thoughts, what a difference in the new recruits made:) very pleased with the team effort. Middle forwards held there own, and I thought Pearce was great leader out there you could can tell him and Brown had a talk about playing safe football first half with that breeze behind Sharks. Will take time for Ponga to get use to playing in the line, I thought Watson had a better overall game as fullback and Levi/Mann played great.
    I hope Safifiti is ok the big fella made good impact from the bench aswell as Barnett.
    Not sure anyone else thinks Sharks played alot of wrestling/arm wrenching in their tackles? But I think they are grubs to watch I hope they don't come anywhere near the finals this year. (felt good when we gave it to Gallen in end:)