QLD Team announced for Game 2

Ms.Nobody

Banned
Maroons Team For Game 2
8/06/2010 1:02:00 PM

QUEENSLAND has today named the following players to represent the XXXX Maroons in Game 2 of the Harvey Norman State of Origin series against NSW at Suncorp Stadium on June 16.

XXXX Queensland Maroons

1. Billy Slater (Melbourne Storm)
2. Darius Boyd (St George Illawarra Dragons)
3. Greg Inglis (Melbourne Storm)
4. Willie Tonga (North QLD Cowboys)
5. Israel Folau (Brisbane Broncos)
6. Darren Lockyer (c) (Brisbane Broncos)
7. Johnathan Thurston (North QLD Cowboys)
8. Matthew Scott (North QLD Cowboys)
9. Cameron Smith (Melbourne Storm)
10. David Shillington (Canberra Raiders)
11. Nate Myles (Sydney Roosters)
12. Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos)
13. Ashley Harrison (Gold Coast Titans)

14. Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm)
15. Ben Hannant (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
16. Neville Costigan (St George Illawarra Dragons)
17. David Taylor (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

BORING!! QLD team selections are so predictable & boring. I guess that's why they beat us all the time.

QLD shall be very hard to beat. Very strong looking team they named, but seriously, what's the go with Folau being named? I thought they weren't going to pick him because of the AFL signing.

QLD want to win... whilst they can still use him why wouldn't they? If he was from NSW we would play him too.

I mean we let Tahu back in after ditching us for years... bit harsh on guys like Morris, Jennings who have been loyal their whole careers.

the indication of their strength lies in the players they were able to leave out...5 series in a row for sure :fist:...

I am as passionate a Queenslander as you'll find, but I cannot agree with the selection of Folau.

Israel Folau has been signed by the AFL for one reason...to damage the game of Rugby League. To drag supporters, sponsors, and thus money away from the game of Rugby League. If he, and his new AFL masters are successful, then the future of our game is at risk and the ability for young players to earn a living playing Rugby League in the future is threatened. As of the moment he signed with AFL, he became a weapon against Rugby League, and for that reason he should be banned from our showcase games. If the QRL don't have the guts to do it, then the ARL must. Why are people too friggin stupid to see this???

Having had my rant...I hope he scores a bunch of tries!!!!

Let Folay play!,If we beat them we don't want any excuses afterwards!We want them at there best and strongest!,So i say if he's chosen let him be there for game 3!!

Back