Put your coach's hat on

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Beaumont, Apr 27, 2014.

1. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

I do humour but not of the repetitive kind of grammar policing.

member 2299 and knightime like this.
  2. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Ok the Broncos are off the pace. The Tigers ? No stars, coach been there 5 minutes but manage to look a whole lot more coached than us.

Speedymetric and slotmachine like this.
  3. Speedymetric

Speedymetric Glen Miller

I agree.

How many players, especially those from other clubs do you think have improved under Brown?

Beaumont likes this.
  4. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Fitz got better, but going backwards with current game plan. Barnett was only a reserve grader, Brown saw something in him at least. That's about it.

You could say Ponga got better, but you could sit him on an island with a Steeden and a tape of Joey's highlights and he'd work it out himself I reckon.

5. EASBay17

EASBay17 Shane O'Grady

tigers started last season 4 from 5 also and the storm were 2 from 5. everyone needs to calm down abit i think. roosters attack was pretty ordinary to start the year last year. we have the 4th best defence in the comp. defence wins comps and the attack will come.

6. EASBay17

EASBay17 Shane O'Grady

i wouldnt say fitz is going backwards. he has built up a reputation of running off pongas hip and in turn is attracting multiple defenders, which was evident in hunt and lees tries last week. aslong as he keeps attracting defenders and ponga keeps taking the right option he is doing his job perfectly imo

Lefty likes this.
  7. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Some teams have started perfect in both sides of the game & some will be bad at both. One thing we should acknowledge is, it's a whole lot better to start off good in defence with clunky attack knowing we have a whole season to play, than it is to start off with a shyte defence but decent attack.

EASBay17 and Lefty like this.
  8. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

We could’ve easily been 4/4 had Ponga never switched from fullback. Not saying it shouldn’t have happened but he more than likely would’ve started the season with more brilliance as shown from last year and our attack wouldn’t have been as dented as it is. I’m willing to give us the benefit of the doubt with a couple more games developing Lino/Pearce’s combo and KP back to his best position, but if things don’t change quickly serious questions should be asked.

9. R_A

R_A Adam Woolnough

Broncos made the 8 last year winning games they shouldn't have and through some sheer luck like Bolton being stopped scoring a try by a freaking goalpost as well as their usual token 'penalty broncos' games like the Tigers and Bulldogs games. And look at them now.
    Well the signs were actually clear in the playoffs where they were clearly making up the numbers...
    Call it karma or evening out if we're good enough it'll show up eventually.

10. Speedymetric

Speedymetric Glen Miller

Pretty accurate. One thing that definitely hasn't improved is Pearce's game management.

Beaumont likes this.
  11. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

I wish we could have bought Cook from souths every time he has ball in hand it feels like something is going to happen and the opposition worry about him attacking them .
    We just don't have that in our side at hooker , ive been a Levi fan for a long time but im not so sure about him now. Levi just doesn't seem to be that strike weapon you need at hooker .
    If Lino works out at 5/8 I think Watson should be given a go at starting hooker his running game COULD be a bonus there .
    I know this will be controversial but every time I watch us play we seem very pedestrian there and then I look at Cook playing and even Smith and they look so much better than us in the 9 that I start thinking we could and need to do better in that position and it doesn't seem to me that Levi is the answer .