"Playing for their first grade futures"

jamesgould

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Staff member
Admin
We heard this line trotted out by Matthew Gidley when Stone got sacked and Buderus took over. Players had six games to prove they deserved to stay at the club.

Since then we've lost four, won two, conceded 158 points, scored 120 and finished last.

So - when does the clean out begin?

I'll lose it if it was all talk from Midley.

To be fair they did play a lot better in the last 6 weeks (today aside). There's a couple of players that we should get rid of but overall I'm pretty confident we can succeed with next year's team.

I think sacking the entire coaching staff would be a massive risk. Danny is very faithful to his club although Uate and Houston need to p!ss off.

I have been very unimpressed this year by Tariq Sims to be honest. Hardly broke the line , gave away many silly penalties

To be fair they did play a lot better in the last 6 weeks (today aside). There's a couple of players that we should get rid of but overall I'm pretty confident we can succeed with next year's team.

They won two from six, maintain that win ratio across the season and we'd be fortunate not to finish last. Playing better isn't good enough for me, we need results.

I have been very unimpressed this year by Tariq Sims to be honest. Hardly broke the line , gave away many silly penalties

His attack has been quite good but his defence, particularly 1 on 1 has been atrocious.

I think Gagai, Mamo, Hodko, Korbin, and maybe Sione with improvement, are the only real first grade quality players in this team. The rest should be gone, even Mullo should be on notice. I just can't see us winning a title with him.

I think Gagai, Mamo, Hodko, Korbin, and maybe Sione with improvement, are the only real first grade quality players in this team. The rest should be gone, even Mullo should be on notice. I just can't see us winning a title with him.

I know I've bagged out Brown but I really don't see him tolerating players who just call it in. He was a bloody tough player, and while don't think much of his reign at the Dragons he certainly didn't take players underperforming no matter how big of a name they were. Unless Mullen finally makes good on his ten years of "I'm going to finally stand up" promises I don't think he'll be in first grade come the end of 2016.

We went from terrible to bad except for 2 spirited performances.

- - - Updated - - -

His attack has been quite good but his defence, particularly 1 on 1 has been atrocious.

If he wasn't a name player we'd be calling for his head.

- - - Updated - - -

I know I've bagged out Brown but I really don't see him tolerating players who just call it in. He was a bloody tough player, and while don't think much of his reign at the Dragons he certainly didn't take players underperforming no matter how big of a name they were. Unless Mullen finally makes good on his ten years of "I'm going to finally stand up" promises I don't think he'll be in first grade come the end of 2016.

Top 4 finishes and prelim finals appearances? Top team sure for a young 30 something coach was still a good effort.

We were pretty much beaten by a NSW Cup side today, with the motivation of not finishing last, and sending out Kurt and a heap of other leaving players.

I don't remember being more embarrassed to be a Knights fan.

On a positive note, the win in reserve grade today was our best win of the season in any grade, and the fact that so many of our young guys stood up to be counted is a very positive thing.
Michael Steele was given a chance to start and he tackled his heart out.
Sironen played his best game yet.
Jacob Saifiti earnt his stripes with a great effort.
Ken Tofilau kept the wolfman off the scoresheet.
Koopu and Tupou kept up the pressure when they came off the bench.
Holland and Tuha played their hearts out.
Pat and Chanel were brutal in defence and set up tries with their passing games.

I was listening on the net and Manly spent half the game camped on our line, and the young guys defended their hearts out over and over, and every time we got a chance to score, Levi and Feeney and Carlos did something special and got us over the line.

Manly had won their last 5, including easily beating us last week, and beating some other good sides, so we were supposed to lose today, but the youngest NSW cup side I can ever remember us fielding didn't let them score any tries except for a lucky try off a kick. We had 4 NYC players, and 4 who played NYC last year, and the rest of the side were 2 or 3 years out of NYC. The only old guy we had was George N'daira.

Manly really tried hard and never gave up, but 45-6 was a fair indication of how the young guys dominated them. It really was a breakout game for many of those kids today. I look forward to seeing how they go in the off season and next year.

No longer giving Uate the benefit of the doubt. Forget the 500k he is on, it's his attitude that's completely unacceptable. A few times when Penrith made breaks he just jogged towards the chasers even though he was in a decent position to catch them if he had sprinted. Extremely lazy. Unless Brown can work wonders on him in the pre-season, there's no point in keeping him if we're really fair dinkum about winning premierships.

Houston will be let go, surely. Him out there for 80 minutes or close to it today was a sad sight to see.

The dummy half position I'd probably let go one of Clydsdale/Randell or even both next year and have Levi as our primary hooker. Go after a guy like Ballin if we need some experience and depth there.

The roster needs a shake up.

We were pretty much beaten by a NSW Cup side today, with the motivation of not finishing last, and sending out Kurt and a heap of other leaving players.

I don't remember being more embarrassed to be a Knights fan.

That was the sad part for me. It was hard to come up with excuses when the Panthers have more excuses to lose anyway. I'm glad they didn't get the wooden spoon because they have been horribly unlucky with their injuries and were playing ok when they had a good side there. We were not good when we had a better side out there and as much as fans whinge about their club going through injuries honestly we have had it good for the some part.
The other is that apsrt from having Joey/Buderus/Simpson/Matt Gids (who all missed time with injuries) in 2005 we probably overall had a better side this year then that year.

Yeah that's hard to cop. They had 12 players missing & we couldn't show up. Imagine if we were missing our fullback, winger, centre, 2 backup wingers, our 2 halves, a backup half, our 2 starting props & 2 starting backrowers. It's ridiculous the injuries that they've had & the same happened to them last year. Bedsy did a great job to get the boys fired up for a few halves of football at the start & a few 80 minute performances of recent, but as he said in the press conference, they slipped into bad habits eventually. Whoever can get this team up for most weeks will be a very good coach.

Said that when you signed him. He is a toiler these days and not the barnstorming back rower that burst onto the scene in 2011. The 2 broken legs has depleted his explosiveness.

Then there is the Sims mind frame where they give away a lot of silly penalties and brain snaps in defence.

He is a quality player but has his flaws that have been there since his debut season.

Man I feel like he's been the opposite. Has been making big runs out wide running off Tyrone & almost breaking through a few times & getting himself a few tries from it, while I haven't noticed his defence much at all this year.

Back