Petition to bring back GO HARD GO KNIGHTS!

James Bluntus

Russell Wyer
‎"Hello,

I have been a Knights fan since I was 9. I am now 17, 18 in August. I was wondering if I could get an explanation as to why "This is our house" has seemingly replaced "Go Hard, Go Knights" as the Newcastle Knight's run-on song. Why is this?

I personally feel that "Go Hard, Go Knights" is the better choice of song as it gives the team individual identity. It gives the feeling that we, the fans are supporting the Newcastle Knights, not supporting the NRL. "This is our house" is the NRL Theme Song. When we hear that, we think of the NRL as a whole. When we hear that, we do not think of the Newcastle Knights. In previous years, "That's my team" was not played when the team ran out and as far as I'm aware, neither was "Simply the best". Why has this seemingly changed with the introduction of "This is our house"?

Teams such as Manly and Melbourne do not do this. They have "Eagle Rock" and "Thunderstruck" respectively remaining as their team song. If dirty Manly and Melbourne can do this, why can the Newcastle Knights not do this?

I also feel that "Go Hard, Go Knights" gets the crowd pumped up ready for the game and gets the crowd involved. This in turn pumps the players up knowing the crowd is behind them.

Any information you can give me as to why this has occurred would be greatly appreciated as I am severely disappointed that "Go Hard, Go Knights" is no longer played.

Regards,

Daniel Turner."

Probably won't get a response.

Good work, I hope they reply, but they have ignored a lot of questions on the topic on twitter.

PS: ... your real name isn't James?!?! :eek:

A little bit more revenue is why they have changed it id say, the NRL probably gives us a bonus if we advertise the song, Manly, Melbourne, Panthers and the Raiders have their songs still.

need go hard go knights.... And once again they ran out whilst the team was being announced FFs it's not that hard.

My brother gave them 2 tweets about it, 1 in caps lock haha, & still no reply. They must have a sponsorship deal happening. They wouldn't change it for no reason.

Last edited:
I wish they'd get their act together with the pregame stuff. i.e. don't have the teams running out whilst the teams are still being announced on the PA. I mean, GC came out the other night to cheers for Chris Houston or someone being announced, then we came out to polite applause for our bench forwards being announced. Give us a gap between the two teams coming out so there's some anticipation and a big ovation of boos/cheers for both teams.

And getting rid of the Bon Jovi song is a no brainer. Need to play it? Then play that video with This Is Our House just before the Knights come out. That'll get the crowd pumped from seeing some highlights, then change it into Go Hard Go Knights as they run on.

Don't usually pay attention to the song being played when they run out, really doesn't bother me, but on friday I went to the bunnies game, and first time I've ever actually taken notice of a song as they played "The Imperial March" as the Raiders ran out, found it quite enjoyable lol. Not sure if Bunnies do it every week?

I Like how for our away sides they play 'I never liked you' because no one likes then hahah or a few years back it was 'another one bites the dust' because they were gonna lose and the least they can do for us is let us run out to go hard, go knights for the 2nd half or something

Another One Bites the Dust was good, and that was also the year we only lost one or two home games.

Maybe we should start an online petition to get Go Hard, Go Knights back?

I would love some tina turner simply the best to run out to pumps me up everytime i see the old nrl ads

I would love some tina turner simply the best to run out to pumps me up everytime i see the old nrl ads

To be perfectly honest I don't take a lot of notice of the pregame music but I always thought that "Simply the Best" got the blood pumping when it was used.

Back