Pearce Replacement

HarVeeGee13

Evan Cochrane
Yeah the Cowboys have two big problems, lack of dynamism/skill in their pack, and possibly the worst defence in the comp. Looch helps with the first problem but only makes the second problem worse.

Lord of the Skraelings

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Might as well take Nanai to. Now he has to bide his time.

$700k for Leilua is a bit much.

It’s up there when we paid an arm and a leg for Kirk Reynoldson in a panic buy after losing a few players.

Re the halves merry go round in same article Sydney journos as usual making up rubbish about knights as club refuses to give them inside info. Zero chance we are dumb enough to give Foran 2 years.

cowboyman

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Yeah the Cowboys have two big problems, lack of dynamism/skill in their pack, and possibly the worst defence in the comp. Looch helps with the first problem but only makes the second problem worse.
Except he had a 93% tackle efficiency last season.

Payed way overs but can’t control that. Luki and Nanai ain’t going anywhere. By the time his contract runs out Nanai will still only be 21/22.

Patty

Dank memes n' big screens
Except he had a 93% tackle efficiency last season.

Payed way overs but can’t control that. Luki and Nanai ain’t going anywhere. By the time his contract runs out Nanai will still only be 21/22.
Couple this with Enari Tuala who has been slammed on this forum having 90.1% tackling efficiency.
Defence isn't just about making your tackles, it's also about reading the play and being in the best position to set your defensive line.

Not saying you're wrong just that tackle efficiency isn't a good enough metric.

cowboyman

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Luki or Nanai would be nice but you would have the think The Dolphins will go hard for at least one of them.
Luki is a North Queenslander through and through. I can’t see him leaving if the cowboys throw him a contract. I’m sure everyone on he saw what it means to him to debut and play for the Cowboys as it was against you lot.

Nanai is only 18 still and while born in NZ he has been raised in North Queensland and already playing FG in the side. He sees there is still a pathway for him. If memory serves me right Leilua plays on the left so that isn’t blocking his pathway into the side as he is a right sided player.

This signing doesn’t block their progress or position in the side. Both are in the strongest 17 in my opinion. Only a massive overs offer could pry them away from the Cowboys.

HarVeeGee13

Evan Cochrane
Leilua has played both sides. Actually prefers the right but I think the Tigers swapped him to the left to avoid the absolute chaos you get when they defend next to each other. I think with Joey not playing much this year he spent a lot of time on the right again.

mullenmagic

Todd Bates
Speak of the devil...

From the Telegraph regarding Luki and Nanai: "Confidential understands a handful of clubs have already flagged an interest in the pair. The Knights are keen on Luki and have a connection with him through recruitment boss Clint Zammit from his time at the Cowboys."