Official QLD Side v Blues Game 1

Jakee

Ben MacDougall
Queensland selectors today named the XXXX Maroons team for Game 1 of the Harvey Norman State of Origin Series against NSW in Sydney on May 26.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...gin-2010-queensland-maroons-team/default.aspx

-----------------------------

XXXX Queensland Maroons Team

1. Billy Slater (Melbourne Storm)
2. Darius Boyd (St George Illawarra Dragons)
3. Greg Inglis (Melbourne Storm)
4. Willie Tonga (North Queensland Cowboys)
5. Israel Folau (Brisbane Broncos)
6. Darren Lockyer (Brisbane Broncos)
7. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys)
8. Matthew Scott (North Queensland Cowboys)
*9. Matt Ballin (Manly Sea Eagles)
10. Petero Civoniceva (Penrith Panthers)
11. Nate Myles (Sydney Roosters)
12. Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos)
13. Ashley Harrison (Gold Coast Titans)

14. Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm)
15. David Shillington (Canberra Raiders)
16. Neville Costigan (St George Illawarra Dragons)
17. David Taylor (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

*Late inclusion in the match due to Cameron Smith injured.

Last edited:
Although I don't support Qld I am glad to see Matthew Scott got a starting spot no other player could be more deserving.

Overall looks like a pretty damn good side. Good luck NSW you are going to need it.

Pretty strong side. I can't believe Scotty Bolton didn't get a run. He really deserved it. He's probably my favourite Queenslander. :lol:

I don't rate their last two... Taylor & Costigan. But will lift with guys around them. Taylor can be handled.

But overall - a strong side. Hard to beat.

Great looking side. NSW will need all the help they can get for this one. Where is Scott Bolton and Corey Parker though. I think they have been the two form back rowers for each of their own clubs.

Where is Scott Bolton and Corey Parker though. I think they have been the two form back rowers for each of their own clubs.

Sam Thaiday has clearly been the form backrower for the Broncos..if not the comp. Parker has been good, but Thaiday has been outstanding

Cronk on the bench?
Smith certainty to play?
no Parker or Bolton?

Sat next to Cameron Smith at the team announcement lunch yesterday...he was not favouring his elbow at all. Was shaking hands and signing autographs without any apparent discomfort.

Of course, that's a long way from playing Origin, but a good sign nonetheless.

Sat next to Cameron Smith at the team announcement lunch yesterday...he was not favouring his elbow at all. Was shaking hands and signing autographs without any apparent discomfort.

Of course, that's a long way from playing Origin, but a good sign nonetheless.

Why didn't you bloody reach over and break his arm?!?!?!@$!@#$

Why didn't you bloody reach over and break his arm?!?!?!@$!@#$

:lol:

14o6kic.png

What I hate most is that two of the main players that have been in the QLD side for the last 4 series being Inglis & Falou are not even from QLD.

This was the main reason Origin started (for those who don't know) before 1980 QLD would play NSW once a year however the players from NSW were those who played in the NSWRL comp, and those from QLD were from the QRL comp. Therefore a player who was born and bred in Brisbane would play for NSW if he was contracted to play for Manly for instance.

Then they went back to a player "Origin", but next Wednesday you will see a player who grew up in Kempsey and went to Hunter Sports High play for QLD. What a farce, but hey what do you expect from a bunch of cheating QUEENSLANDERS!

C'mon Higgo what you got.

What I hate most is that two of the main players that have been in the QLD side for the last 4 series being Inglis & Falou are not even from QLD.

This was the main reason Origin started (for those who don't know) before 1980 QLD would play NSW once a year however the players from NSW were those who played in the NSWRL comp, and those from QLD were from the QRL comp. Therefore a player who was born and bred in Brisbane would play for NSW if he was contracted to play for Manly for instance.

Then they went back to a player "Origin", but next Wednesday you will see a player who grew up in Kempsey and went to Hunter Sports High play for QLD. What a farce, but hey what do you expect from a bunch of cheating QUEENSLANDERS!

C'mon Higgo what you got.

Here we go again...poor whinging cockroaches

Where was Peter Sterling born?

Where was Willie Mason born?

Where was Ken Nagas born?

Craig Polla-Mounter?

Steve Rogers?

Peter Wallace?

Is it only OK for NSW to do this?...granted you need all the help you can get.

BTW, I am in part joking. Strict interpretation of the rules mean Inglis should be a Blue...but bottom line is he doesn't want to play for you guys.

And why would he?

Here we go again...poor whinging cockroaches

Where was Peter Sterling born?

Where was Willie Mason born?

Where was Ken Nagas born?

Craig Polla-Mounter?

Steve Rogers?

Peter Wallace?

Is it only OK for NSW to do this?...granted you need all the help you can get.

BTW, I am in part joking. Strict interpretation of the rules mean Inglis should be a Blue...but bottom line is he doesn't want to play for you guys.

And why would he?

Although you are joking It ain't about where you were born, otherwise we would be going into the whole Lote, Petro & Adrian Lamb scenarios but if they want to make it right a player shouldn't have the right to choose his state.

Frankly I agree based on the performances we have put out in the last 4 years I can understand why he wouldn't want to play for NSW.

What I do like though is the fact that when Newcastle din't have Joey playing nobody gave them a chance, but NSW have become and been just as bad since he has not played Origin.

Back