Official: Korbin Sims signs with the Broncos

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by rhugh89, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

Were happy to build a good young team for the future and Tilse is not either good or young and your on about people settling for mediocratey because they don't agree with you , and you want to sign a mediocre player ...

2. Aidos

Aidos Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Backrow and fullback looks pretty settled but we need bolstering everywhere else. Prop does look particularly weak but it's got to be genuine quality we bring in.

3. Anthony01

Anthony01 Michael Reid

I don't think anyone is saying they are happy for us to sign Tilse and the squad would be complete. I for one wouldn't mind signing Tilse for minimum and hope he never has to play first grade but is there if called upon. But also signing a prop of a good NRL standard like Evans is a must. Ponga Isn't coming this year, Korbin is gone and Mullen presumably aswell so signing Tilse isn't going to effect our chances of signing someone else should they become available

4. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Another way of looking at it is we should be able to find another Barnett or two in our current situation.
    The best prop in the NSW cup who can't get a firstgrade spot should be knocking our door down about now.
    We have money and vacancies more than any other side right now.

5. Beatell

Beatell Paul Marquet

Sounds like a very solid idea mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Wyong had a gun prop cant remember his name but made huge meters and plenty of tackles, was like a Jake turbo from manly, not fit looking at all but had a huge motor.

He averaged like 170m a game in 2015

7. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Stromquist I think you're thinking about, he's been going great in NSW Cup for years now, obviously must be something about him though that has stopped him from playing NRL yet. I think he's training with Canberra's NRL squad this year.

8. 88Knight4life

Thats him,

Marcus Stromquist.... i said it last yr that we should of looked at him.

9. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

Yeah I like the bloke. So funny post contact he gets his legs doing on the spot runs but makes metres doing it. We should definitely have a look at him.

10. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

It's Magnus, I remember him playing in the 20's for Manly. Quality name should probably be playing Union with a name like that.

11. relicorange94

relicorange94 Clinton O'Brien

Mai-Wel
    You mean Magnus Stromquist.

12. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

Ok we get the point.....

13. Hunterstelvis

Hunterstelvis Banned

Yep I remember , statically the second best backline in the comp just behind Manly.

There's a good reason we have heard about the club being linked to players like Props Napa, Scott and not halfback Hunt. Its what we need. We've got a couple of young blokes coming though in Lamb and Cogger that could have big futures, we've also got an old hand in Hodko to show them the way.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  14. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Good point. Browny will wanna cease the mind games with players if he wants to win a few more games this season. Regardless, the fact is we have probably have about 1 first-grader waiting outside the 17 in Paea. Paulis already been taken down, if we lose 2 more throughout the season, we're looking at Fitzgibbon. Hopefully we pick up Grevsmuhl, I'd be satisfied with our depth then. They're all fringe type players, but at least not genuine non-first-graders.

15. sau

sau Richard Clarke

zoo keeper

I really hope Fitzgibbon takes his game to a new level this year he might end up a player that gets better with maturity

16. 88Knight4life

Fitsgibbon is actually getting the size to become a middle forward now, if he gets some heart and runs hard he mite get a gig in first at some point.

17. sau

sau Richard Clarke

zoo keeper
    Just watching Cory Paterson play for Leigh I know it's the super league but he looks like his finally got his **** sorted and is playing well his so talented his wasted much of his career

18. 88Knight4life

Very true,

Thousands of guys like him out there to.... plenty of tallent not much drive or care factor to do anything with it.

19. Billy

Fitzgibbon is one of the guys who could show a lot of improvement this year if his fitness is improved.
    His biggest fault is not having a big enough motor, but at age 22/23 he should be coming into his peak, and if our squad is genuinely fitter this year, the big boy should benefit more than most.
    Not sure if he will be a genuine firstgrader, even if he improves a lot, but he could be a fringe player we can call on who won't let us down too much.

20. Billy

Tilse has signed for Maitland.
    Fun fact - Tilse and Woolford, our reserve grade coach, both played for Canberra in 2006.