Official: Korbin Sims signs with the Broncos

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by rhugh89, Aug 21, 2016.

1. danknights

danknights Ben Kennedy

I'd have tilse here on a second tier contract for sure. We are short 2 props imo.

2. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    When you're as hungry as us you'd eat shyte.

3. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Cant i have entrée and main? Lols
    Honestly i dont rate him much either, but we are short a prop or two and atm there isnt anyone else available with his experience or close to it, for a small contract for Tilse to sit in cup train with the twins and teach them a little bit i think its a no brainer for 1yr... its better then having 100k sitting in the bank doing nothing.

4. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Would probably prefer King to Tilse and King sucks.

5. Aidos

Aidos Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Same but anyone who doesn't want more mediocricy like Tilse is an idiot apparently

6. 88Knight4life

Id choose King over tilse also if King is playing better football, though in the unlucky chance D Saifiti goes down Mataora goes down and we are using a rotation of
    Starling
    Paea
    J Saifiti
    Stockwell
    For firsts
    Who plays cup? Or doesnt matter?

7. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Personally I'd rather both Paea and Stockwell (despite Brown not being too keen on him) in front of King. He needs more time in Cup, and that showed at the back end of the season especially his game against Canterbury with the dropped balls.

8. Aidos

Aidos Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'd wait and see for someone else first.

We know the knights aren't the best at recruitment and I get you don't want a spare 100k lying around but to be fair, we aren't that bad. If we get desperate we'll sign some scrub to play Cup but patience is better than signing Tilse IMO.

9. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Exactly, plus we don't know what could happen to certain players before the June 30 deadline. Rugby League changes constantly. Players like Kane Evans, Ben Matulino, James Gavet, Joe Ofahengaue, Charlie Gubb, Felise/Patrick Kaufusi are some notable names that would fit well with our boys IMO.

10. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

We are going to need somewhere between 30 and 35 players capable of playing NRL this year. Before we lost 3 last week, we might have had 30 at a stretch, so now we have 27, and 4 or 5 of them are kids with a handful of games.
    The old saying, beggars can't be choosers, springs to mind.

11. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Absolutely. People keep ****ing on about the need to sign front rowers but we've got a First Grade standard rotation as is. We need a playmaker more than anything and a decent centre should also be ahead of props when looking at signings.

12. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    And I think mozza Josh King may improve a lot now he is clear to train full time with the squad rather than a part time apprentice.

13. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

True he needs to work on his handling but to make First Grade whilst working full time was a great achievement.

14. danknights

danknights Ben Kennedy

Nah it's all good we will just play wingers at prop...... You NEED 9 props available between grades. I'd rather uiti baker to come into isp for a backup as Well as sign another capable of playing grade.

15. Hunterstelvis

Hunterstelvis Banned

Who in our current front row rotation would be included in other clubs pack? particularly run on side. Saifiti ? Sims will be lucky to make it on the bench at the Broncos. Cant see any other front rower we have cutting it elsewhere at present. The engine room is what makes the backs shine.

Our half although fair to middlen can steer the team around the park, his partner in crime will no doubt be a youngster with not much experience but plenty of teams have been in a similar situation ( titans anyone ? ) .

Our centres include a current SOO player ( love him or hate him he's a very good player ) and if Ross was included in the centres I think that pairing compares favorably with other sides.

Dummy half ? Lacking compared to other sides ( but made up for if the side has plenty of go forward ( Levi could surprise this season with his back sorted )

Fullback ? Lacking again but this should be fixed next season

We need experienced big body full agro alpha dudes in the middle of the park. Otherwise its like having a ferrari with nothing under the hood.

16. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

We have the worst backline by far in the competition. We have no ballplayers or anyone capable of putting on points. A quality pack will get them to the right end of the park but won't put points on the board. Our number 1 priority has to be a quality playmaker. Not saying we couldn't use a really good front rower but it shouldn't be our main focus.

17. 88Knight4life

Anyone remember say 5yrs ago?

We had argubly the best backline in the comp... but because our pack got monstered we did nothing but defend or make it to the 30m line for a kick.

Mozza ur bright enough to know a football team needs a good engine room to make any impression.

Farrrrk me didnt u lot learn anything from 2016?

18. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Prop has to be a priority. Just because, at full-strength, the team looks acceptable doesn't mean it is. There is always injuries & suspensions, we've probably been at complete full-strength on maybe 2 occasions in 2 years. With our depth as it is, at some point we'll be looking to the Bhanas & Fitzgibbons to play prop.

If Brown picks the right players, our backline should be fine, Sio, Gagai & Ross are all decent, Chanel could be a forgotten man back on the scene again. Either way, the forwards go far more to winning the game than the backline.

I could handle Tilse if on minimum wage or second tier just to avoid the Bhanas & Fitzgibbons at prop, but I do think he's a pretty average player & would prefer if we picked up someone younger & better like a Kane Evans type player who's on the outer.

19. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

We never had the best backline in the competition. We had a strong back 5 who regularly got us decent field position on the field. When we got there we struggled to score points because our dominant playmaker was constantly hurt (Mullen) and our halfback (Roberts/Gidley) were plodders. Strangely enough when Mullen a good ball player was fit we looked a pretty dangerous side.

- - - Updated - - -

We were only in the position to have nuffies like that playing in the middle because Brown refused to play superior players like Stockwell, Paea and Pauli. Not saying a prop isn't a priority but it's not number 1.

Our forwards managed to compete for periods last year our edges defensively leaked points constantly and never looked like improving.

20. lowey

lowey Michael Hagan

nah mate people are still happy with mediocrity this year