Official: Jacob Gagan signs with the Knights on a one-year deal

mullenmagic

Steve Simpson
[FONT=&amp]The Newcastle Knights is pleased to announce the signing of 23-year-old outside back Jacob Gagan on a one-year contract.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Having spent the last three years at the Cronulla Sharks, Gagan has played seven NRL games and scored five tries.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]In 2016 he played 23 reserve grade games for the Newtown Jets and established himself as one of the competition’s premier outside backs with 15 tries.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“Jacob is a talented young player that has been restricted from playing more NRL football due to an accomplished, premiership winning Sharks back line,” coach Nathan Brown said.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“He will add some really good depth to our outside backs.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Gagan can play at either wing or centre, and has commenced pre-season training with the team.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"I'm looking to have a good pre-season and hopefully push for a spot next year," he said.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"As soon as I found out I was coming to the Knights, I was excited.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Everyone has been very welcoming, and I'm enjoying it so far."
[/FONT]

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2016/11/11/jacob_gagan_signs_on.html

I actually saw him doing his medical testing a week ago but had no idea who he actually was,just thought it was a junior I didn't recognise
Fairly solid bloke who callus give it a decent go if stays Injury free like last year

We should have managers of young guys like this knocking the door down.
At 23 he is looking at now or never for making the grade, and we are the side with the most vacancies in firstgrade.

It's win/win. If we get 4 or 5 guys like this on second tier contracts, all doing their best to earn a spot, the worst that can happen is they'll push others to work harder to keep their spots. The best that can happen is we get a few good players.

A lot of the young guys we have signed look the goods if they carry on like that we have a LOT of talented young guys coming through the ranks ...IMO a couple of years and we will be looking real good ....

A lot of the young guys we have signed look the goods if they carry on like that we have a LOT of talented young guys coming through the ranks ...IMO a couple of years and we will be looking real good ....

I liked him when he played for the sharks came out of the manly system so his coming from a winning culture which is good

Reminds me of McManus - solid, can find the line and seems pretty reliable and safe. If he can stay injury free I can definitely see him pushing out Pete or Elliot by mid-season.

Our depth is starting to even out quite nicely now too which is good. Good to see Mooney and Browny taking the smart options with players and the length of their deals eg. Starling and Gagan. If they're good enough for first grade and an extension then great, if not it's no big deal for us. Starting to think we may even have the potential to sign someone decent next year.

He got a run when the Sharks were having the worse injury toll I've ever seen & they were having to play players that wouldn't have even made the first choice NSW Cup team at the start of the year. I thought he was good for them but he's disappeared the last few seasons as have many players that got a run for them in 2014. He's a hard running, physical type winger, so the opposite of Elliot.

Reminds me of McManus - solid, can find the line and seems pretty reliable and safe. If he can stay injury free I can definitely see him pushing out Pete or Elliot by mid-season.

Our depth is starting to even out quite nicely now too which is good. Good to see Mooney and Browny taking the smart options with players and the length of their deals eg. Starling and Gagan. If they're good enough for first grade and an extension then great, if not it's no big deal for us. Starting to think we may even have the potential to sign someone decent next year.

Hagan and stone would've signed him to 4 year deal worth half a million a year, i reckon we signed him dirt cheap

Hagan and stone would've signed him to 4 year deal worth half a million a year, i reckon we signed him dirt cheap

Ahhh that's the beauty of now having two people with a brain. Feels just swell that we'll be no longer doing such stupid deeds.

Think this is a good signing. Be interesting to see if he grabs a wing spot! Especially if Ross plays flb.

Back