NYC Players Progressing To Top Squad

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Lower Grades' started by Murri Knights, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Murri Knights

Murri Knights Scott Seamer

Gidley has come out and said our 2015 recruitment will be finishing in coming weeks but I can't see us signing anyone else to be honest. We have too many unsigned first, reserve and NYC players and think we should get to resigning some good talent before we look elsewhere.
    Here's a list of players forced out of NYC because of age and will be in the top squad.
    James Taylor (Prop)
    Joseph Tapine (Backrow)
    Lachlan Fitzgibbon (Backrow)
    Tuiala Togaitasi (Prop)
    Joe Boyce (Backrow)
    Jaelen Feeney (Halves)
    James De Saxe (Halves)
    Sam Keenan (Halves)
    Jake Mamo (Backs)

Few good props there that can fill in the top grade instead of going out spending money and also good halves to come into NSW cup

2. Defender1

Defender1 Steve Simpson

I was watching the game on Sunday thinking the same thing. The nucleus of this NYC side could form the basis of our NSW Cup side (with 3 or 4 taking the next step) for a long time to come. We should stick by them.

3. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Pondekas is better than Boyce and could be as good as Tapine.
    I'd keep Redman over De Saxe every time.
    Keenan and Feeney need a year or two in NSW cup before they are ready - if they ever are.
    I have to say Big Toga looked rubbish in his first few games. I thought he finally found some form when they dropped him to the NSW cup side, but he is really starting to live up to his reputation. I'd rate him better than Taylor right now.

4. Defender1

Defender1 Steve Simpson

We need to hang on to Levi as well... he's going to be real good.

5. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

At this point I'm really excited about the NYC side next year too.

Forwards like Yates, Petersen-Robati, Bradie Smith, Amey.
    Halves like Gagai, Walsh, McNamara, Cogger and Lamb.
    Levi and McNamara at hooker.
    Backs like Sione, Robson, Birch.
    We have the makings of another great side.

6. Defender1

Defender1 Steve Simpson

We've definately got some talent coming though [MENTION=243]Billy[/MENTION]

7. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Sounds good to me. These guys come cheap so we can frontload contracts and really splash some cash in 2016 when there are decent players on the market.

Pay Mullo $1m+ next year and nothing in 2016 I reckon.

8. avdulla

avdulla Matt Hilder

I agree with billy on this one, pondekas and tapine could be the long term back row for first grade for may years to come. Both have points in them, foot work and good leg speed.
    Im not overly fussed on de saxe or feeney for that matter, feeney struggles to take the line on doesn't seem to like the hit. Togatasi looked really bad at the start of the year but has looked a different player the past 5-6 weeks.
    Mamo and matau'tia need no further introduction as they will both play plenty of grade next year..
    The kiwi lad Taylor wont go on in my opinion, he tries hard but that is about it.