NSW CUP 2024

9th placed Knights take on 13th placed Wests at 2pm
The game is on NSWRLTV
Former Knight and Canberra halfback Noah Ryan is playing his 3rd game for Wests and Former Knights prop Tim Johannson has been named on the bench.

Scrappy game so far.
Maps has been held up over the line and Pryce lost the ball just shot of the line, but no score yet.

Wests score again - it will be 18 - 4 to Wests at halftime.

We look OK in attack except for Pryce being a massive ballhog, but our defence is very weak.

22 - 4 to Wests
Riley Jones seemed to be at halfback in that last scrum.
I don't know what position Pryce is playing now, but he still seems to muck up every scoring chance we have by being a ball hog r passing to no one.

24 - 10 final score
Jed Cartwright got a try with 2 minutes to go after clever work from Riley Jones at dummy half.

Terrible game.
Mocredreke looked good at wing when he got a chance.
Fletcher Sharpe made several tackle breaks and a least 1 linebreak, but he rarely got the ball. He did have to do a lot of defence and made some very good tackles - the best defence I've seen from him.
Mapapalangi got over the line 3 times - held up twice and called back for a forward pass from Pryce.

I haven’t had a chance to watch any lower grade games this year. What I’m getting a lot is Will came with a bit of hype and is falling short and doesn’t seem to be working in the halves or at fullback. Is the issue that he’s just not good enough, just a bit undercooked or has a bad attitude? Perhaps it’s something else?

Thoughts?

I haven’t had a chance to watch any lower grade games this year. What I’m getting a lot is Will came with a bit of hype and is falling short and doesn’t seem to be working in the halves or at fullback. Is the issue that he’s just not good enough, just a bit undercooked or has a bad attitude? Perhaps it’s something else?

Thoughts?
Sounds like a dash of all those things to me

Pryce is nor going well and we have a serious problem in the 6 & 7 position, his poor form, Gamble injury, Cogger not going well and Hastings with some form problems and no foreseeable fix it, no obvious replacements.
Could we consider Mapapalangi to play 5/8 in Cup, move Pryce to centre and if works out then Mapapalangi to 1sts and Cogger to 7 in cup while Gamble recovers, thought Mapapalangi was originally a 5/8.

I can only assume that all the potential firstgraders missing this game means the top squad are either all getting rested for a week or off to a camp or something.
It's pretty much a Flegg and local comp side with guys like Toleafoa, New, O'Brien, Hartwig, Greacen, Burgess making up the pack.
Really only Pryce, Mapa and Jenkins are top 30.

Back