NRLW 2021

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Article says 6 Hunter based players including Southwell and Kelly have been named in the Roosters squad, and the coach and bulk of the Roosters squad will be Central Coast players, based in Wyong.

If I understand the process correctly, the NRL are paying 30 players who will be divided up between the 6 clubs - 5 each - and it looks like the Roosters have claimed most of the Hunter based ones.
I suppose we end up with the 5 no one else wants, and god knows where they will come from - unwanted Qld players maybe.

Since the Warriors won't be playing this year, I'd try to get 5 of the best Kiwis if possible.

HarVeeGee13

Tony Herman
So a lot of the best Newcastle area juniors playing at the Roosters? Looks like these girls will get the same experience as the male players have gotten 😂

danknights

Jarrod Mullen
Well if they are snubbing us, hope they lose all there games! Still plenty of talent out there to make a competitive side.

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
They lost the grandfinal last year (Roosters)
They all might be thinking they have unfinished business.

Still_Nutty

Akuila Uate
I created a thread in the main Newcastle Knights Discussion page re the launch of the NRLW membership because I wanted to promote this out to all the site users and not sure everybody would be looking at this page (I hadn't up until now 😲 )...

jamesgould

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Staff member
Admin
I wonder if we need a separate section for the women’s side … do people think it would get enough posts and views? 🤔

Still_Nutty

Akuila Uate
I wonder if we need a separate section for the women’s side … do people think it would get enough posts and views? 🤔
probably but happy for you to make a call on it JG...I certainly think there will be a fair amount of interest in the first season, which would see multiple threads generated and probably does warrant it's own section

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
According to Tooheys news today - 80% of our squad are from Qld or NZ.
They are all staying at Quest apartments - which I think is a Wests owned facility.
There is no word on when the comp can start, and a few of the Qld girls went home before the border closed.
I assume Blake Green would be able to have the girls training because we aren't in lockdown.
So karma has stepped in and all the Newcastle girls who chose to play for the Roosters are at home and not training as a team, and all the Kiwi girls are living in luxury apartments and training in all the top class facilities the Knights are unable to use now I suppose.

Still_Nutty

Akuila Uate
I read somewhere that the girls aren't training out of respect to the other side's who can't. Seriously who cares! You've got to get an advantage somehow.
Even if we are missing some of the Qld players, I'd think that Green would be getting whatever time he can into the squad under COVID protocols considering most of the other squads have seasons under their belts compared to us?!

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus