NRL Round 9 Knights V Warriors - 2:00pm Sunday 5th May - McDonald Jones Stadium

Friz missing is far from ideal, but if an extended absence allows Lucas to continue demonstrating his worth then perhaps this is a chance for the Friz to middle conversation to begin taking shape.

We desperately need both quality and leadership in the middle. He's played there at representative level before. His mobility, effort, and stature very much reflects the new age middles.

Tyson is still high quality on the edge but Lucas will continue to improve and brings his own valuable qualities to that edge, I still believe team composition improves significantly if we have the courage to make this relatively bold move.

Friz missing is far from ideal, but if an extended absence allows Lucas to continue demonstrating his worth then perhaps this is a chance for the Friz to middle conversation to begin taking shape.

We desperately need both quality and leadership in the middle. He's played there at representative level before. His mobility, effort, and stature very much reflects the new age middles.

Tyson is still high quality on the edge but Lucas will continue to improve and brings his own valuable qualities to that edge, I still believe team composition improves significantly if we have the courage to make this relatively bold move.
from a tries perspective, i feel as though the tries each of them have scored this year have been almost like for like. Chasing a well weighted kick, running a great line etc. Dylan is a great replacement!

1. David Armstrong
2. Greg Marzhew
3. Dane Gagai (C)
4. Bradman Best
5. Enari Tuala
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Jackson Hastings
8. Jacob Saifiti
9. Jayden Brailey (C)
10. Leo Thompson
11. Dylan Lucas
12. Kai Pearce-Paul
13. Adam Elliott

Interchange:

14. Phoenix Crossland
15. Daniel Saifiti
16. Jed Cartwright
17. Brodie Jones

Extended Bench:

18. Mat Croker
19. Jack Hetherington
20. Jack Cogger
21. Tom Cant
22. Tom Jenkins

All the doubtfuls have been named, pity Friz isn’t quite right, wouldn’t surprise me to see Croker or Hetherington moved up for Cartwright, Jones has done well but likely gone to Cup when Friz does make comeback

Lucas is going to score a lot more tries that Friz ever did. Friz is a quality player but he's not a line breaker/try scorer really.
That’s always been the weird flaw in Tyson’s game. One of the quickest, most agile back rowers in the history of the game. Weirdly bad line/hole runner. His biggest strengths are in contact, winning the ruck with late footwork, leading line speed, kick chase and other effort areas; all perfect traits for your lock forward.

Last edited:
How can we watch three Flegg match?
Not on anywhere - played at Knights headquarters at 9'30 am on the same day as reserve grade and firsts are on at the stadium, so anyone going to the game could show up early and watch Flegg - but looking at the footage of centre of excellence games, it looks like about 100 people show up with their own folding chairs and you'd struggle to get more than maybe 200 in.

The "crowd" at the centre of excellence.
aaa.jpg

Hoping the engine room (particularly the Safs) see playing Barnett as a challenge, I understand they're still good mates and it would be purely sportsmanship but hopefully they aim up.

What I'm hoping DOESN'T happen, is that Barnett gets under the skin of Hetherington and causes a brain snap. As I assume either he or Croker will go into the middle rotation to replace Cartwright.

Back