NRL ad 2013

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Wishy, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Wishy

Wishy David Thorne

Student
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fj-9juBbCY

This is the new official 2013 NRL ad. I have watched it through twice, and my favorite team (Knights) is not shown! Very disappointing NRL!

What are your thoughts?

2. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    It was junk mate! I think it was us and the titans who I didn't see. Gets worse every year!

3. Ms.Nobody

Ms.Nobody Banned

The song is alright, but the graphics and whole concept visually is not the best. This is our house had much better visual effect.

No surprise the Knights aren't even there, wouldn't that be the first thing you'd consider when designing an ad? Having all teams in it?

No... just the superstars. Slater is in there 3 times. Marshall twice.

The Bulldogs feature 3 times. Surely a Knights & Titans segment could have been added.

4. willlowtree

willlowtree Craig Gower

Kitchen hand
    Wouldn't it be something now if we won the premiership. There would be a headline saying how we were snubbed from the ad at the beggining of the season and we went on to be the best team of the year

5. jamesgould

jamesgould Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

We never feature heavily in it. Even in this year's NRL membership ad all it had of the Knights was a supporter looking depressed as we plunged to another defeat. :(

6. Trent

Trent Darren Forward

The Knights never feature in any adverts or highlights packages anyway, end of year clips or previews only ever show one of our guys getting smashed or a try being scored against us.

7. anthemlost

anthemlost Steve Linnane

bennet should play that to them and say look at this what do you wanna do about it
    smash them

8. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

Sharks also don't feature in it

- - - Updated - - -

actually yes they do a couple times

9. fj182

fj182 Paul Rauhihi

this should be moved to general rugby league, and a new thread complaining about the lack of knights in promotions should be started lol

10. Defender1

Defender1 Steve Simpson

Very disappointing. Makes you wonder how important the hunter and gold coast regions are to the NRL.. (considering they are two of the largest rugby league nurseries in Australia). Shame, shame NRL!!!

11. Junior11

Junior11 Moderator Moderator

Apparently that's just the overall ad and they have special ones for the Hunter, QLD, NZ etc

12. Ms.Nobody

Ms.Nobody Banned

You'd think an overall ad would contain every single side though wouldn't you? For a whole NRL competition.

If that's the main one, its as if they still think teams have fans from that area only.

13. turtonrd

turtonrd Dave Woods

14. Junior11

Junior11 Moderator Moderator

Yeah it's stupid, that ad is all about the Sydney teams so I'm looking forward to seeing the one for the Hunter.

15. rhugh89

rhugh89 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

Disgraceful from the NRL worst ad they have had for a while didn't like it at all should have every NRL club on it. On another point The NRL also forgot to invite 3 immortals Langlands Gasnier and Raper to the launch way to stay on top of things I'm disliking this commission more and more every day how the hell do you forget 3 Immortals for FFS ?????

16. Lachy9

Lachy9 Rod Whitaker

There's one on TV and Uate features in the away strip and then a real quick one of Tahu hugging one of his team-mates.

Must be the 'official' one for audience on TV and the youtube from the OP was a shortened one.

17. Lachy9

Lachy9 Rod Whitaker

Actually it's come up again and I think it changed, either that or I'm going crazy.

There was one of Tahu scoring under the posts.

18. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

It is terrible I think. I don't mind the visual effects, quite clever but the exposure of some teams is appalling. If it's an overall NRL ad, shouldn't it show most if not all teams and not just the "superstars"? Ridiculous.

19. Angelus

Angelus Cory Denniss

It changes
    It's always the same - Knights are always also-rans in these type of ads. The only way we are going to get exposure is to make a BIG impression on the football field. The most is you see of us is as other featured teams break our line or run in trys as we look forlorn in the background. Time to change the perception of the Knights!

20. Lefty

Lefty David Lomax

I am absolutely disgusted that the Knights are not included in the add.

I am glad Jessica Mauboy is featured, it is good to see local talent is being supported for a change.