News on Darius Boyd & Kade Snowden

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by carbonclay, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carbonclay

carbonclay Darren Meredith

Hi everyone , I have finished the house move and I'm back to work , The stack of paper work sitting on my desk is unbelievable . My first piece of news is straight from the Horses mouth , I spoke to Kade over the weekend and he has confirmed that he has made a decision as the where he will be in 2012 , unfortunately he told me that he won't be revealing the news to after State Of Origin , that being said he did say that he would like to stay at Cronulla and if they put forward an offer similar to that of TSG then he will stay.
    Darius Boyd is apparently leaning towards the Gold Coast Titans as the TSG have not shown a worthy deal to date . Once again the announcement will not be made until after Origin , so I would expect TSG to put forward another offer before the origin series is finished so I guess we will all have to wait it out .
    All so got news if you are interested that Danny Green is going to retire after his next fight against Tarver . Green is struggling with injury and would like to retire as Champion .

2. Sammyyy

Sammyyy Knights 2013

uni kid
    Thanks for that CC.

The end of Origin is ages away though!

3. Junior11

Junior11 Moderator Moderator

Nothing will be announced until after the Origin series!?? Wth man! Thats ages away..

I was hoping we'd hear something after the Test match :(

4. carbonclay

Sorry I will all so add for those of you wondering if TSG will target Dane Tilse . Tilse has said that there is no way that he will return to the Knights after the way he was forced to leave the club no matter what the offer is .

5. Junior11

Junior11 Moderator Moderator

Didn't he already re-sign for another 3 years like weeks ago?

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  6. carbonclay

Yeah he signed until 2014 . He said that he won't consider an offer after that to go to the Knights .

7. Tom155

Tom155 Tony Kemp

dont need him anyway, overated.

8. mbnsw

mbnsw Darren Meredith

Qualified Glazier
    Hes overated IMO anyways and if he'd done the right thing and not played up then we wouldnt be having this convo...RE tilse that is.

Fingers crossed on Kade but too much doesnt feel right about the Boyd thing to me. Right from the beginning with him saying hed follow Bennet where ever he gos has felt like whoever was going to have Bennet would get Boyd but only after contracts with existing players would be torn up and men booted out to make way for that imature weasel. Hes not someone I want to see linked up with my beloved Knights. His heart isnt with us, he wants the Gold Coast to throw mountains of cash at him.

Im not denying hes a talent but theres no denying hes a c**k head.

BTW, Thank you Carbon for your work mate

9. R_A

R_A Mark Hughes

Cheers for the info, interesting stuff
    Might not be known but were there any truth to the rumours that Bennett didnt want to pay too much for Snowden/didnt want him? People are for the most part guessing his salary. The two (by todays reports) havent even spoken to each other so it makes sense those rumours might be a little weird...

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  10. Lynchyknight

Lynchyknight Clint Newton

Townsville - Wish I lived in Newcastle though
    Thanks for that Carbon.

If we get neither Snowden or Boyd im going to be very disapointed. We need to get at least one of them, but at the moment not looking to good

11. Pieguyfly

Pieguyfly Sean Rudder

I'd rather Snowden. We need more forwards, and I reckon Snowden would hang around after teh first contract, whereas Boyd would follow a bigger paycheque.

12. Matty78

Matty78 Nathan Ross

Thanks for the info CC. Love your work!!!

It would be a shame if we didn't get at least one of them (Kade my preference of the two). Seeing as we have to wait, hopefully we can get an update soon on De Gois, Junior, etc in the meantime.

13. ~knights1~

~knights1~ Ben Kennedy

the article in the telegraph today sounded like he was leaning towards the knights?????

14. nicky

nicky Danny Wicks

Never trust the DT. Period.

15. mickhooper

mickhooper In Benny we trust

father!
    cheers for that news...thats still too long to wait..........

16. Mc.

Mc. Rod Whitaker

I would really like to know what Bennetts plan is..

If we are not going to make a serious play for world class talent like Snowden & Boyd who are we then reserving our money for??

Does he intend on playing next season with what we already have? Or does he only want to pick up cheap up product & attempt to build on it...

17. callumtear

callumtear Willie Mason

to those regarding Tilse as overrated, last time i checked he was the leading forward for the raiders, statistically. however, i am talking about the raiders in 2011 :p

i wouldnt have thought he was overrated at a league-level though, but perhaps at a club-level in previous years.

18. Ms.Nobody

Ms.Nobody Banned

Can I bookmark this thread so we don't get people asking the situation ;)

Thanks carbon.

19. Nickwpearce

Nickwpearce Banned

i thought tilse was a scapegoat for someone else???

20. NF_47

NF_47 GoHard|GoKnights|GoProud

Thanks CC.

I'm having second thoughts on Boyd a little bit to be honest, you know once Wayne leaves he will too. Snowy would be better for the team given our current foward situation anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.