Newcastle Local Rugby League

In case some of you guys haven't heard, Raymond Terrace have been given approval to join the Upper Hunter Group 21 competition...
And the Muswellbrook Rams, the team with a four year losing streak, have signed former Dragons, Rabbitohs, Eels and Waratah Fijian Wise Kativerata as player-coach (I assume he's a player-coach, that not uncommon to see in Group 21)

good to see, just cannot wait until they play the might Red Devils (2009 Group 21 PREMIERS) this season & as a boy from Denman, I really think Muswellbrook needs more than one player to break there lossing streak !!!!

Question bigdan isn't former North Sydney coach Peter Louis on the coaching staff out there still (out at Muswellbrook)?

Question bigdan isn't former North Sydney coach Peter Louis on the coaching staff out there still (out at Muswellbrook)?

I don't think so. I think he was only there to help the club out with a few points...

Central Charlestown have signed some handy players. There will be no lack of effort on behalf of the Butcher Boys this season.

Anyone know when the local rugby league comes back...I wouldnt mind going to watch wests play a couple games at harker oval? Who would be keen to do that?

my my my...look who sits atop the ladder...:dancing:

any Kurri Kurri supporters on here?..if so...boy you guys were unlucky this week :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

I would love to see a Hunter-wide knockout competition for all the first-grade clubs, sort of like the old Panasonic Cup...of course it would require an even number of teams that is constantly divisible by two to work properly. With the Newcastle teams and teams from Group 21 and then perhaps some from the Central Coast and Group 3 it might work...:think:

there y'are Knights...the leading players in the Newcastle competition were FRONT-ROWERS...Vaughn and Finefeuiaki...sign them.

Back