Newcastle Centre of Excellence

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by krustykraz, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Chief Longhorn

Chief Longhorn Jason Edwards

You stabbed first ya stabber!:eek:

Still_Nutty likes this.
  2. Still_Nutty

Still_Nutty Tea Ropati

I was going to rebut more of the drivel....but I don't think I could improve on your rebuttal chief!:lol::applause:

3. cowboyman

cowboyman Steve Simpson

Hospitality
    Wasn’t a stab at all just pointing out it’s not the first case scenario in the sport while acknowledging its a great step in the right direction for the club.

4. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Adam Woolnough

I love the crap we argue about on here lol.

88Knight4life likes this.
  5. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Hey, I take offence to that. Consider yourself reported to the mods, the Lord isn't afraid to hand out bans.

88Knight4life likes this.
  6. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Doesnt mind calling a spade a sapde either, even if it is a shovel

7. Chief Longhorn

Chief Longhorn Jason Edwards

I think it is going to be an excellent centre of excellence!
    It will be the cornerstone of the club's success for at least the next 20 years!
    Build it and they will come!!!

Still_Nutty likes this.
  8. Still_Nutty

Still_Nutty Tea Ropati

LOL

I hear you Kurriboy – I’m happy with discussion on varying points of view but I do try to avoid arguments.

Mainly because they tend to descend into idiocy sooner rather than later, which is when you can get dragged down to that level…it is at this point that I invariably get beaten by experience:D

Knightsobsessed likes this.
  9. rhugh89

rhugh89 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

Centre of Excellence update

Newcastle Knights
    Wed 20 Feb 2019, 01:20 PM

Newcastle Knights players and future junior Knights are one step closer to a new Centre of Excellence to call home in 2020 after breaking ground on the site on Wednesday.

Minister for Sport Stuart Ayres joined Knights CEO, Philip Gardner to turn the first sod for the $20 million Centre of Excellence at District Park, Broadmeadow

The new facility will include playing fields and will all be built on unused land locally referred to as the District Park Land.

Knights CEO Philip Gardner said this is an important day for our Club and community.

“Not only will we have a first-class facility to rival any in the game but the Centre of Excellence will provide an additional venue for local and regional community needs,” Mr Gardner said.

“It will see all our staff and players under the one roof and will ensure we have the best tools to prepare the next generation of young Knights to carry the Club forward.”

Minister Ayres said this Centre of Excellence is an important part of the NSW Government’s vision to activate the Hunter Sports and Entertainment Precinct.

“The NSW Government and the Newcastle Knights are proud to be make this Centre a reality today, after we announced the location of the facility within the precinct in May last year,” Mr Ayres said .

“As well as providing a world class rugby league training facility, the community will be able to make use of a planned 2.5-kilometre walking and cycle way around the site and outdoor gym facilities for recreational use,” said Minister Ayres.

The land will be remediated by the NSW government and Newcastle Knights as part of the project and is expected to be built and operational by 2020.

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2019/02/20/centre-of-excellence-update/

10. R_A

R_A Darren Albert

Been waiting for this to happen after Gardner last addressed it a few weeks ago, so glad work is underway.

11. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Plan c, or is it d.
    But if they have started work it is probably the final plan. It would be too expensive to change mid build.
    Turning that area into playing fields won't be that easy. After any rain at all you are ankle deep in mud if you try to walk there.

12. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Could be a great spot to host the Koori cup from.
    That alone would pay for the build within 5yrs. I read Wests group had the highest profit of any leagues club in the country this year. Knocking Panthers off of first place. Everything they touch turns to gold.

13. Joel

Joel Touche...

I'm gonna miss those figs at Mayf, nothing but grass looks drab.

14. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

As I said when this was first talked about, Gardner is the perfect guy to be in charge for this.
    He has built and renovated heaps of major club facilities in his time at wests and always gets great value for money, as seen by the Wests bottom line since he has been there.
    He knows all the right people in the Newcastle building community because he's done plenty of work with them.
    Lots of things can go wrong on big projects, especially when someone who has never done it before is doing it, but Gardner has a very good track record of doing things just like this and getting brilliant results. It's his thing, in fact.

15. Rob

Rob Adrian Bubb

What happens with the Mayfield facility?

16. Still_Nutty

Still_Nutty Tea Ropati

I assume it is still part of the West’s group holdings and maybe re-purposed for other things?

17. Speedymetric

Speedymetric Glen Frendo

The venue/hosting rights for the Koori Knockout go to the winning team. So to start with a Newcastle team would have to win three or four consecutive competitions to have the event in Newcastle for five years. Secondly it is worth a fortune to the clubs to run the event so there is no way they would give the rights to the Knights, Wests or the Centre of Excellence. Last year the Yowies "sold" the event to Dubbo council for a fair amount but still ran the actual competition & received the gate & match days takings. In return for their investment Dubbo was just happy to have the influx into their town to boost the economy

Still_Nutty likes this.