"NEW-CAS-TLE" chant

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by sj18, Jun 26, 2011.

1. sj18

sj18 Rod Shoesmith

This issue is of enough importance to have its own thread.
    Seriously, what are they doing with that recorded "New-cas-tle" chant on the bigscreen!?!?
    It didn't work last week, and was even more of a fail this week. At one stage today, a pretty good chant was started by the crowd, so they decided to get the chant going on the bigscreen with the recorded audio. By the time it had finished, the crowd were dead quiet again! What are the club trying to say to us fans? That our cheering isn't good enough for them!?:think:

It's time for the madness to stop. This is the biggest issue surrounding our club at the moment, and something must be done.

The recorded "New-cas-tle" chant on the bigscreen must never be played again.

2. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Get rid of it haha!! When Uate scored his try it was on the opposite end of the field to me so i was watching the big screen to see it properly & at the EXACT POINT just before Aku put the ball down it came on! So nobody at that end knew if he scored of not! People were rioting & starting fires in the chairs it was that bad! Take this disgrace of thing down haha!!

3. Theknightsrule7

Theknightsrule7 Matthew Gidley

Looking for work
    Wasn't much of an issue for me today for the south end hill had a good atmosphere :)

4. TheRedAfro

TheRedAfro Rod Shoesmith

Student
    Whoever pressed the button today when Uate went over should be sat down, and shot. Lol.

But yeah, was a horrible cockup right there - everyone bar the people on that side of the ground were not able to even see what was happening (At least from my vantage point in the Crusade) - I was like "seriously?" That was such a failure of timing and perception.

And as someone else said, what does it say of their opinion of us, the supporters?
    Every single time they play it, it kills the chant in progress, that, or everyone ignores it.

Creating atmosphere in such a forced way is a joke and makes a mockery of the organisation. After last weeks horrible run I was hoping we'd seen the last of it forever, unfortunately not.

5. sj18

sj18 Rod Shoesmith

I'm not really saying anything about the atmosphere TKR7. The atmosphere was terrific right around the ground today, and the crowd were truly fantastic. I just feel as though the recorded chant actually has the opposite effect as it is designed to.

It's funny though, NSW did the same thing at SOO last week and it worked brilliantly. It just shouldn't be used for us I don't think.

6. sj18

sj18 Rod Shoesmith

On another note though, I thought the songs they played after points were actually really good!
    Everyone wants to sing "Thriller" after Aku's scored anyway! I'd stick with the music and ditch the chant.

7. Theknightsrule7

Looking for work
    Yeah true

8. corunetes

corunetes Joseph 'BJ' Leilua

Retired
    I totally agree with you sj18. The crowd normally revs up at the appropriate time so we we/they certainly don't require prompting......... it's a bit tacky if you ask me....... Go with the music, ditch the chant on the screen, the fans can do that!

9. Theknightsrule7

Looking for work
    I was sitting near the big screen and a lot of them guys around me were starting the Newcastle chant which was good. Do you think we need more simple chants the crowd knows? What about 'you ****ed up' after an opposition player ruins a chance?

10. Ms.Nobody

Ms.Nobody Banned

How family friendly!

11. Jonno

Jonno The 18th Man

Mining Engineer
    This aint bay 13 at the cricket :lol:

12. TheBatman

TheBatman Trent Hodkinson

The other thing I hate is when they try and start the chant with that little triangle sounding instrument, was it just me or was it better in the day when the crowd just drummed it up themselves dont know what was wrong with that

13. hunting140

hunting140 Greg Hayward

HR Driver
    I thought it was a bit off timing, I would get rid of the screen display and just play the chant, I thought that was good.
    I sat on the hill near the brass band and I thought it was great, Had my doubts about it but hearing them play was awesome, had a theatre and a true feeling of knights really charging!

14. Theknightsrule7

Looking for work
    Haha is that the Australian cricket drinking squad?

15. James Bluntus

James Bluntus Russell Wyer

Student
    I wasn't at the game, but it does sound kinda strange. But anyway. Will probably go and see it for myself in the near future.

16. NF_47

NF_47 GoHard|GoKnights|GoProud

Yeah get the bloody thing off!

So many times yesterday the crowd would get a good chant going, then BAM the bigscreen chant come on and the crowd just goes dead quiet and the momentum goes.

17. mstozza

mstozza Give it to Kurt!

Learn To Swim Teacher/Swim Coach/Lifeguard @The Fo
    Aku's music, and Wes rocking out to In Da Club by 50 Cent are both absolute gold. I have heard the players get to choose their music - those are top selections.

But on topic, I think the chant is made worse by that god damn brass band. Get rid of both that and the Scoreboard chant thing.

Also, is everyone else loving the new way they bring up the team on the big screen pre-game? Loving the music (Puff Daddy - Come with Me), and the short vids of them crossing their arms is sick! Wes's is bad-***!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  18. sj18

sj18 Rod Shoesmith

Akuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu- UATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :lol:
    I'm liking the way the guy's announcing the team lists now as well!

19. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Ah yes, noticed this just came in a few weeks ago. That's what money does! :) On a serious note, it's a great addition to the gameday & it gets people pumped. Unlike previous years where the announcer just announced their names on a speaker. :/

:lol: Hahah yeh when me & my brother were at the game yesterday we thought it sounded like some Boxing or NBA introduction. Was great! The announcer did a good job with that.

20. hunting140

hunting140 Greg Hayward

HR Driver
    Yeah wes looked good running back after a conversion with a bit of fitty cent playing, made him look like he was the man himself onstage.
    We have to get a petition going to keep Wes!! Id have him over Sau and Tahu at the moment and the way he has turned himself around on and off the field since coming to the club is great and something he should be rewarded for, I think signing Sau was a bit of a boo boo, I think he has hit a brown patch, hope i eat them words.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011