Nathan Brown

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Oct 9, 2017.

?

What should the Knights should do with coach Brown ??

1. Give him to end of season then review post season

20 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. He needs to go now

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Browny isn't the issue

12 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Defender1

Defender1 Steve Simpson

You can only beat the team they put out there (and we smashed them)... we lost Levi about the same time as they lost Keary & had players out too. Kurriboy just needs to enjoy the good wins when they come around.

2. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Mark Hughes

I'm done with the contenders discussion.

My opinion is being warped and twisted, apparently I dont enjoy our wins lol.

I suggest people read with their brains engaged, not their hearts.

Tasgirl and Defender1 like this.
  3. R_A

R_A Sean Rudder

The roosters are over the salary cap anyway and anyone who doesn’t think so has their head in the sand so think of Cronk or whoever being out making it a more level playing field then anything

4. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Defender1 and knightime like this.
  5. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I'm with ya Kurri. Putting 40 on the Dragons and the Roosters back to back if fantastic. Doesn't make the side legit contenders though. It was only three weeks ago we were lucky to the beat the Dogs. Legit contenders have a history of consistent performance at the highest level in my opinion. Don't think the Knights fall into that category.

That said if you make the finals anything is possible. We were an ordinary team in 2013 and ended up one win from the GF.

Kurriboy and R_A like this.
  6. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Yeah, you just need to put that effort & intensity from the last 5 weeks into those last 4 weeks & who knows. Anything before that doesn't matter, as long as we get the wins to make the 8. Looking at the draw, even if we get smashed the next 2 games, the run home looks relatively easy for us, ONLY if we can keep up this form. As we know, the season is long, Brown was gone & the rebuild came crashing down only 5 weeks ago.

7. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Imo we need to be on 20pts or more by rd18 to be a real chance of being in the 8 with a shot at a top 4 finish, any less and we're fighting for a top 8 spot.

8. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

‘We’re not a contender until we beat the top sides’
    *Hammers the defending premiers.
    ‘We’re still not a contender.’

9. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    History? 5 weeks of great footy is a great start to me, and what were 4/5 of our loses coin tosses?

Reckon most teams would take 6/11 and a +62 for and against and say they are going great guns?

10. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    I just don't get it.......

11. R_A

R_A Sean Rudder

Based off our form from the Titans and the Eagles we’d have been lucky to have had one win in the Lot with the way we were going .

12. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

They’re just unsure. We been sh*t for so long our fans are tentative about being too optimistic.

We’d of beat any team in the comp playing like we did on Friday. If we can play close to or at that level at the backend of the season we’ll be a contender.

Lord of the Skraelings and R_A like this.
  13. R_A

R_A Sean Rudder

Yup. You could tell the Roosters played with the same intensity as us during those opening ten and twenty minutes then when it looked like we weren’t backing down and a try against the run of play they pretty much folded.
    They got lucky with the Tedesco try

Old knights teams would have folded after those first 20 mins and allowing the Tedesco try

Most smart roosters fans out there acknowledged it wouldn’t have mattered who played when you are up against that intensity. And this is taking into account we lost our go forward with Levi as well

14. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

3 weeks ago we were lucky to beat the Dogs. Yes it's a start. No one is saying we're not going good, just that you don't get to be mentioned with the chooks and storms of the world, who are at the pointy end every year, after two good wins.

The way out season has gone I wouldn't be that surprised if we won the comp or if we missed the finals to be honest.

IF we play at that level. Everyone knows chooks and storm will bring that in september. Who knows what we will be dishing up in four months time. Last week we looked the best team in the comp. 2 weeks before that we probably should have been beat by the spoon favourites.

15. The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd

The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd Chris Joynt

Asset Manager
    I don’t think we’re Premiership contenders this year. Would love for some hero to rub this message in my face in October. Fingers crossed.

Otherwise I’m going to hope our attitude and line up is on point to compete week in week out and make for some entertaining footy.

Kurriboy, Tasgirl and slotmachine like this.
  16. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
  17. The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd

The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd Chris Joynt

Asset Manager
    When?

Tasgirl likes this.
  18. Tasgirl

Tasgirl Tasgirl

Hippie.
    :lol::lol::lol::applause:

19. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

The Titans gave us a touch up but the Eagle's only beat us by 7 points and that was when our attack was clunky (as Blocker says) . We hadn't gelled yet now we are starting to and we look smooth if we stay like this (and there's no reason to think we wont )anything is possible .

20. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

I have re-watched every game we've won and the Saints game , each game we have got better and better smoother and smoother .
    I watched them back to back and seeing them improve every game was so good , as long as they keep the belief even if we have a couple of losses ( if they keep improving as they have been then having a loss may not happen ) we will be top 8 easily . Depending on injuries as always .
    We could get top four and then its a whole new ballgame , anything can happen from there .
    If we did get top four then these guys would have so much belief in themselves in there team mates and in the team itself that ALL the other teams would want to watch out ..
    I don't know about you lot but all I wanted for this year was a team that competed for 80 min and now Brown has given us that .
    I didn't really have any asperations for the team infact 8th would have been a bonus for me this season as I know it can take a long time for a team to gel .
    They are doing it faster than I thought they would and if they keep going like this anything is possible this season .
    Just my opinion but I reckon we are going to scare the crap out of Souths and Melbourne at the very least and im going to put a $20 on us to win both those games and I don't bet on anything but the Melbourne cup .