Nathan Brown

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Oct 9, 2017.

?

What should the Knights should do with coach Brown ??

1. Give him to end of season then review post season

20 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. He needs to go now

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Browny isn't the issue

12 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Mate Friend is a busted human, wasn't that bigger wrap on him his a great utility and agro little fella, but Friend is Dugan like, everytime he gets tackled you cringe.

Just hate it when people make excuses when we beat a better team, just crap, said people weren't so forgiving when we had Pearce/Ponga/Watson out for extended periods last year yet the 2nd another team has an injury or too "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh we didn't beat them at their best or Ohhhhhhhhhhh we caught them on an off day" does my head in.

Ethan, Wobbles and Tasgirl like this.
  2. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Mark Hughes

Well the question was do each of us consider us a title threat this year.

The win over the Roosters was great but let's not get carried away eh. If we play them in the finals I doubt it will be without cronk, Leary etc.

What of Souths or Melbourne?

It was said we beat the Roosters in the forwards and we did sure. But missing 3 spine players will affect the entire team. Their forward pack will have benefitted from their halves kicking game, repeat sets, better field position etc.

I called it as I saw it honestly. We haven't played a title contender with their big guns yet. Until we do, and prove we can mix it with them, I consider us finals contenders and see what happens.

3. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

We played the Dragons at full strength and only lost by 1 point, at that stage imo they had a real chance of being in the GF, great side but hit hard by injury now and season gone.

4. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Sean Rudder

If you in the 8 your a chance if your in the 4 your a great chance, getting there is the problem, we are 4th with a mob biting at our heals, lost best hooker for 4-6 was, our other is out for most of season, if we lose Pearce for more than 1-2 weeks we are in trouble, same goes for Ponga. Think I will wait 4-5 weeks before deciding but if we have a fully fit squad come near season end I think we can give it a nudge.
    If we lost Klemmer for a week or two I think the forwards are now ready to cover

5. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Mark Hughes

I think we can weather the loss of Ponga if Pearce is there, not so much the other way round though.

And 88, I dont consider st george premiership threats. Though they are a good squad, for whatever reason they continually chit the bed.

Let's see what happens against Souths, I hope they play well, and we can see where we are at.

88Knight4life and Damo Levy like this.
  6. Lord of the Skraelings

Than if we beat South's Cook was tired after Origin so we can't consider that a real victory over them and so on and so on.

Ethan likes this.
  7. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Mark Hughes

:rolleyes:

8. knightime

knightime Charlie McAlister

Nah, a win's a win. Given how often players get injured and depth is tested for each team, teams should have enough depth to be competitive during weeks when key players are out. The fact that key players are missing doesn't take the gloss off a win for mine.

9. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

I honestly think we would’ve. We dominated them that much in the pigs that even without Pearce’s polish we’d of had too many points for them.

10. alexwilliams

alexwilliams Adrian Brunker

Wood machinist
    We beat the Sharks at almost full strength. You can't say they're not a contender when fully fit.

11. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Mark Hughes

In the end, come finals time anything can happen on the day.

97' we hadn't beaten Manly in something like 11 games, went down there with no expectation of winning.
    2001 Parra were near unstoppable all year, went to GF clear favourites.

Anything can happen on the day.

Having said that, I'd rather not rely on poor form or injuries to beat quality teams. Not saying that is what happened in our GF's, but are we a team that can beat those quality teams when they are full strength and playing well?

Thats a true contender!

The question was asked, I've had my say.

I'll see how we go against Souths, and Melbourne!

12. Lord of the Skraelings

Mate they rested one player, whoopy doo, we played them at full strength as far as I am concerned.

13. Lord of the Skraelings

Nah your right we only beat top teams when they have excuses not because we are better.

14. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Mark Hughes

Yep, halves pairing of mitchel and lamb are going to get them deep in to the finals. Back to back baby.

Full strength my donkey.

15. 88Knight4life

Hopefully Brown rest Ponga and Klemmer after SOO and probably a good idea to rest Pearce to, his getting older and its a long season.

We should still be a match for Souths

16. Lord of the Skraelings

They had Luke Keary and Latrell Mitchell, unfortunate that Keary got injured, not our problem they rested Cronk.

Whatever Kurriboy, I'll enjoy beating the premiers, you keep on looking for reasons it was a shallow victory.

17. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Sean Rudder

Winning is what it is about, against full strength or weaker your problem is when you lose against a weakened side then you know you are in trouble against them at full strength. They rested Cronk, lost Keary, we lost Levi, we won strong, we got 2 points they got zilch, that makes us winners on the day.
    It is irrelevant of how they would have gone if Cronk played, cant turn clock back and change selections, they like us have a bye this week, he could have rested then.

knightime likes this.
  18. knightime

knightime Charlie McAlister

With Murray, Cook, Walker and Gagai all playing Origin, there is a chance that some or all of those will be out as well, although I expect that they'll all back it up. Souths have great depth without those players. If any are out/injured, it's our best chance to topple the ladder leaders. Expecting Ramien to have a big one for us after being spurned in favour of Morris. Reynolds should have a big one too if he's fit.

19. 88Knight4life

Souths are struggling to field a side atm, they have like 12 injured players, not many would be in the 17 though at full strength.

knightime likes this.
  20. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Mark Hughes

Never said it was a shallow victory. I was there, it was awesome.

But the question was whether we each consider us a premiership contender. My opinion was not yet, I'd like to see how we go against a top team at full strength. Pretty fair opinion I believe. We wont be facing a team in the gf without the bulk of their halves. We will have to beat them at or near full strength

You can strawman my opinion all you like. I really dont know why you lot have your panties in a bunch tbh.