Nathan Brown

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Oct 9, 2017.

?

What should the Knights should do with coach Brown ??

1. Give him to end of season then review post season

14 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. He needs to go now

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. Browny isn't the issue

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

I'd be surprised if Pearce was that sensitive. All the footage & interviews I've seen of them, they really get along & Pearce is always talking Ponga up & how talented a player he is. They even had a video session on NRL.com talking through how many options Ponga has running to the line because of his talent. I think it's more likely Pearce cared too much about Ponga working in the 6 that himself & the team were trying to expedite things by giving him heaps of control. With Ponga moving back, that gave the green light for Pearce to go full bore again & run the show like the dominant halfback he is.

Battler likes this.
  2. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Sean Rudder

Yeah, maybe. Whatever the cause I am happy we are turning things around and getting some points on the ladder. No spoon for us this season, hopefully threatening for a top 8 spot.

3. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    When the "sex tapes" were being released rumours flew thick and fast and as usual a lot of them involved Pearce. He was stressed enough to have a legal team gather all derogatory comments off social media with a view to taking action. Maybe that was playing on his mind.

4. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Proof mate, sounds a bit he said, she said to me?

5. R_A

R_A Adam Woolnough

People who think players don't keep track of what is said about them through the media rumour mill are naive, whether it is through the club's social media guy or for the higher profile ones through one of their guys/agent.
    The finer details of these processes will never be known

6. Beaumont

Not from the horse's mouth but close enough to smell it's bad breath. Fact.

7. Wobbles

Wobbles Darren Treacy

Whatever the expectation was around the impact Cleary would have back at Penrith has surely got to be a distant memory, likewise Seibold.
    If they weren't both in the first season of long-hyped multi-year deals they'd be shorter odds of getting the boot. Talk of letting either of them go at this point would be a massively embarrassing scenario for both clubs, so I expect both will be safe for at least this season.

Pay was handed a pretty poor roster in trouble with Des going, so I think he'll also be given some reprieve.

Not so sure about Green, he has a damn strong roster which just isn't producing the results which you'd expect at this point, particularly with their pack. He might be in strife if they finish at the bottom of the ladder for successive seasons.

Brad Arthur has got to be under probably the most pressure, a couple more losses after their absolute spanking by the Storm and retention strategy (based on the rumoured war chest being assemble to go after Latrell for 2021) won't help his cause for an extension.

Unless something catastrophic happens by the end of this season, Brown has to be pretty safe.

8. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Nah Wobbles Browny has gotta go.

Hide of the man winning three in a row and just 1 win outside the eight!!!

Ethan likes this.
  9. R_A

R_A Adam Woolnough

Coote came out in an interview this week while at the esl having a go at the cowboys and green for the way things were handled regarding his departure. So it’ll be interesting to see the higher ups reaction after back to back mediocre seasons. And whether there is more unrest and unhappy campers.

10. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Sean Rudder

Sounded like sour grapes to me. He isn't owed a future by the Cows. They moved in a different direction that didn't include him.

11. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

That’s it. Sack him!!!!!’

R_A and 88Knight4life like this.
  12. R_A

R_A Adam Woolnough

Does anyone legitamately think if they didn’t win that Eels game that would have been it for him?

Goes to show you how little clue the media have. It was confidence/putting in like Pearce and Ponga mentioned and not wanting to let the coach down.
    None of this nonsense crap Kent was spewing

13. Beaumont

I find it amusing that some people think fans weren't entitled to be filthy after the Titans game.

Matty23, Edogmilly, Kurriboy and 3 others like this.
  14. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Pearce says the coach being under pressure was one of the reasons for his turn around in form.
    If fans calling for the coaches head on a spike on Stockton bridge convinced the players it was time to get serious, we should sharpen up the spikes and call for his head after every loss.

15. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Well you do lead the lynch mob Billy.

Ethan likes this.