Nathan Brown vs Wayne Bennett

What Brown said wasn't OK.
Everyone with an ounce of morality in them can see that.
If Wayne were gay, it wouldn't be OK to have a shot at him about it.
If Wayne were disabled, it wouldn't be OK to have a shot at him about it.
If Wayne's personal relationships have broken down, it's not OK to have a shot at him about it.

This is a fight that Brown and the Knights can't win, because we are clearly in the wrong.
Apologise and move on, or wear ongoing damage as every right thinking person turns against us - simple as that.

I have no time for Bennett as a coach and for the job he did as our coach in particular - but his personal life is none of my business - and none of Brown's either.

People are over the top when it comes to things like this. Yeah Brown had a dig at Bennett. Personal life or not bennett should take it on the chin. Sick it up and move on. Way too much political correctness today which is sad in its own right.

People are over the top when it comes to things like this. Yeah Brown had a dig at Bennett. Personal life or not bennett should take it on the chin. Sick it up and move on. Way too much political correctness today which is sad in its own right.

Considering the amount of digs Bennett has had at other people over the years, in particular players he coached at the Knights (who he hand picked himself personally) it was bound to be said unfortunately. Can totally understand how filthy the players would be and anyone who heard Bennett’s comments on audio this morning on triple m replayed you can tell by his tone the coy-ness of his comments were not genuine lol.

Even the guys on Triple M said if you dish it out then you have to take it as well and there’s no question that’s fair game.

Wayne is a complete Flog! He swans around offering opinions on whatever he feels like as if he is the reincarnation of Jesus Christ himself.
In my opinion he has become completely irrelevant and will be lucky to coach again next year!
If you want to keep dishing it out be prepared to cop it back, and when you've been dishing it out as long as Wayne, he deserved every ounce of what was delivered!
There is no fool like an old fool, and this old fool got schooled #Brownystyle!
Eat a d!ck Wayne!

We have had our say now we can move own if Bennett wants to fixate on it that’s his problem but he should probably focus on getting the broncos playing something that’s resembles respectable football. As for wether it overstepped a line let’s not forget that Bennett dragged the name of the game through the mid all pre season because he was concerned letting lodge speak would disrupt the broncos pre season. In doing so Bennett showed nothing but contempt for the game and it’s fans.

What Brown said wasn't OK.
Everyone with an ounce of morality in them can see that.
If Wayne were gay, it wouldn't be OK to have a shot at him about it.
If Wayne were disabled, it wouldn't be OK to have a shot at him about it.
If Wayne's personal relationships have broken down, it's not OK to have a shot at him about it.

This is a fight that Brown and the Knights can't win, because we are clearly in the wrong.
Apologise and move on, or wear ongoing damage as every right thinking person turns against us - simple as that.

I have no time for Bennett as a coach and for the job he did as our coach in particular - but his personal life is none of my business - and none of Brown's either.

**** wayne bennett as a man, coward cheated and left his wife of 42 years with a down syndrome son... He is a **** human being and a coward who won't admit he ****ed our club and the dragons after he got them a comp on the back of brown...

Let Wayne and Nathan sort it out between them, unfortunately Wayne earns millions and is famous so his private life isnt private.. And who honestly cares that he is with Newcastle's town bicycle that 90% of nrl players have taken for a ride!

Bennett left us in such good shape "relocation" was mentioned not long after he left. Stick it up him Nathan.

**** wayne bennett as a man, coward cheated and left his wife of 42 years with a down syndrome son... He is a **** human being and a coward who won't admit he ****ed our club and the dragons after he got them a comp on the back of brown...

Let Wayne and Nathan sort it out between them, unfortunately Wayne earns millions and is famous so his private life isnt private.. And who honestly cares that he is with Newcastle's town bicycle that 90% of nrl players have taken for a ride!
She's doing ok for a 60 year old by the sound of it. You wouldn't think many young guys would be interested.

I honestly think what brown said was the best thing ever, old Wayne thinks he is untouchable got destroyed by Brown.

Have no respect for Bennett after he destroyed our club and the way he walked out. Biggest myth as the best ever coach. Can only win when he has a team full of superstars.

Last edited:
Bennett left us in such good shape "relocation" was mentioned not long after he left. Stick it up him Nathan.

That's probably more on Tinkler's side, club was broke with no owner & Wests only took us on after extensive discussions with the NRL. Credit to the NRL for not getting fed up & continuing to negotiate. If they played the ego game we could be in Brisbane by next year or owned by some crazy Saudi Arabian emperor.

Brown is not in the wrong for what he said, us as a club aren’t in the wrong for what he said, and anyone who thinks that he/we are can bloody harden up a bit. He stuck up for himself and the club and I’m pumped he did and thought he was 100% truthful.
The whole “personal life” debate is only being created by people making up their own context of the comment. To me personally I believe Brown was referring to his ego much like Alex McKinnon and Rossy alluded to. Whatever other comments and judgements people want to make up and have a whinge about is fine but saying Brown overstepped the mark is utter bulls***.

That's probably more on Tinkler's side, club was broke with no owner & Wests only took us on after extensive discussions with the NRL. Credit to the NRL for not getting fed up & continuing to negotiate. If they played the ego game we could be in Brisbane by next year or owned by some crazy Saudi Arabian emperor.

Bennett has no issues spending Tinklers money (despite what he was already on) bringing in all his own staff thinking he could run the knights like the broncos like a club with unlimited resources.
Even though the plan all along was to run the team on an nrl budget (hence the clause of underwriting the difference if the club was losing money)

The bank guarantee of 10m probably avoided an even worse disaster but thankfully there were no strings attached to the money tinkled put into junior development

Brown is not in the wrong for what he said, us as a club aren’t in the wrong for what he said, and anyone who thinks that he/we are can bloody harden up a bit. He stuck up for himself and the club and I’m pumped he did and thought he was 100% truthful.
The whole “personal life” debate is only being created by people making up their own context of the comment. To me personally I believe Brown was referring to his ego much like Alex McKinnon and Rossy alluded to. Whatever other comments and judgements people want to make up and have a whinge about is fine but saying Brown overstepped the mark is utter bulls***.
Slut shaming 60 year old great grandmothers is where we have sunk on this (see a few posts above).
Brown needs to check his morals.
I'm pretty disgusted that most people on here seem OK with going really low.
I'm not.
Never will be.
Have no respect for people that are.

What an absolute croc.

Everyone in Australia knows exactly what he meant by little head, no matter how much they try to spin it.

Stick up for the comment by all means, but lets not try to pretend he wasn't referring to Wayne's personal life!

Back